Question about race mixes?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Vynir on August 25th, 2013, 11:05 pm

I have a few question's about race mixing:

First would a Isur ever have a kid with a Symenestra?

If so and the father was Isur and Mother Symenestra, what traits from which parents would be passed on since the only way to have a mixed symenestra is to have the mother be so?

Third are Isur considered a part of the humanoid race or something different?

Thank you for you time and help. Much Appreciated.
Vynir
Player

Words: 5664
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Alea Davenport on August 27th, 2013, 1:02 am

Ok, I know very little about Isur, but I'll take a stab at these based on what I've found in the lore.

1) Probably not. From the lore on Mixed Blood:
Isur, due to their strict cultural beliefs including their near fanatical form of faith in Izurdin as well as their distaste for most other races, will not knowingly and voluntarily engage in romantic relationships with races other than their own or human or humanoid races that closely resemble humans.

2) Again, this is unlikely, but information about Half-Isur can be found in the Mixed Blood page, and information on half-Sym can be found on the Symenestra page under Age and Reproduction (last paragraph).

3)Isur are not human. Unlike Vantha, Inarta, Benshira, Svefra, etc., Isur are their own race separate from humans.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vynir on August 27th, 2013, 9:18 am

I was thinking something along the lines of the sym women killing the isur mans wife. Then fearing death she uses magic to trick him into thinking she is his wife or morphs to look like her. Then one thing leads to the next and a kid is born. Something like that.
Vynir
Player

Character sheet

Postby Khida on August 27th, 2013, 9:38 am

Vazerir Sultros wrote:I was thinking something along the lines of the sym women killing the isur mans wife. Then fearing death she uses magic to trick him into thinking she is his wife or morphs to look like her. Then one thing leads to the next and a kid is born. Something like that.

A major flaw in this premise is that pregnancy is pretty much also death for Symenestra, and she would expect that standing in as his wife would make it difficult to avoid that.

Also, if he is truly married, then he likely has a Cheva mark. That would become a Lacun mark when his wife died, regardless of attempts by the Sym to befuddle.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Vynir on August 27th, 2013, 10:49 am

Well she wouldn't die from a half born, but I did not read about a cheva mark. So will read no. A cheva mark is not a requirement for marriage then so they wouldn't have to have one. Correct? :P.

Thank you for your time. :D
Vynir
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 27th, 2013, 11:00 am

There is also the magic issue inherent in fooling someone full time. In morphing, I doubt anyone but a master could keep morphed full time. A expert could do it for long bits, but would still end up overgiving if they had to fool everyone in public. And people spend a great deal of their lives in public. And such highly skilled mages are rare.

So it is really not that feasible magic wise.

Also bear in mind, why is she trying to fool him? That was really never explained, and is a important aspect of it. If she is a good enough morpher to do this, why does she not just morph into a disguise, and escape? Seems much easier than getting knocked up and pretending to be a woman via morphing for months on end.

So practicality is also an issue, when she could simply use the same magic you are saying to disguise herself or to fool him, to escape. Which seems a much more realistic response to such a situation.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vynir on August 27th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Well it was food for thought. Was mostly wondering if it could be a marriage between the isur and sym. That was my initial hope, but you are right. Its not very practical, but a isur ever marry or have a child with a sym.
Vynir
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on August 27th, 2013, 3:56 pm

There is no marriage in Mizahar without a Chiva Mark. What you are proposing wouldn't be feasible.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Vynir on August 27th, 2013, 11:35 pm

:D Okay. Thank you everyone for your time and help. Much appreciated. :D.
Vynir
Player

Character sheet