Hello Mizahar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello Mizahar

Postby Kaden Swift on September 23rd, 2013, 3:35 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Berry; yes that’s my real name, not with an a but an e. I don’t actually have a whole lot of rp experience and I am far more use to writing by myself. I found this site through a friend of a friend; took me awhile to join since I wasn’t sure just what rp entitled. So far my favorite style of role playing is third person, having seen first person and that odd star action thing I will stick to third. What I am usually writing about is fantasy; but I’ve never gotten passed 5k-6k pages in Microsoft word before deleting it. My favorite thing about Mizahar is how if you can think about it, you can find or make it.

Let’s see what frustrates me, distance to one place then another is horridly complicated. What I would like from this site, I don’t know. Something to just have fun with and maybe help to fixing up some really bad writing habits I have. Like commas; I can’t seem to get those right. Not just that but to see what other people like to write about and see new characters and the world of Mizahar. I glanced at other rp sites but after seeing thirty of them with elves I was about to cry. I would love to create a race or even a god for here!

To expand something, you mean in the site? Well one thing really bugs me is the lack of information on an area’s animal and plant life. Expanding on this would be lovely. Users get helping the mods and get writing em up!

To the very last question of the list; hm. I am using my friends email address, he plays the character Edelweiss. I myself don’t have an email address since I cannot be bothered to check emails and all the like. (I also don’t have a phone or internet so borrowing one of his.) So if ever someone needs me I do have Aim and Skype.(No mic!) I have ADHD and Asperger syndrome. For anyone who doesn’t know what Asperger syndrome is; it means a whole lot of trouble. If anyone watches ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Think of Sheldon, then you’re pretty close to what it’s like. Only instead of being really good with math and chemistry; I am very good problem solving and puzzles of all sorts. I have different quirks but oddly have quite a few this funny character exhibits.

I would request that if you think I am being rude; please message me! Subtle hints pass through, over, and beyond me. I need a bat to the head to understand that sort of thing and most often it’s bad wording on my part and by no means was meant to be something mean or rude to anyone. Oh, I also tend to ramble and am horridly scared of clowns chickens and sheep. I also hate children, nasty dirty sticky hands and high pitched voices with no proper manners or understanding of a person’s personal space. My character Sheet isn’t quite done yet, personality still needs to be done and history is not complete; still feel free to read and make suggestions.

That’s about all I can think of. So hello and greetings everyone!
Kaden Swift
What the night dragged in

Words: 122423
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2013, 12:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hello Mizahar

Postby Kaie on September 24th, 2013, 3:19 am

Hi there, Kaden! First and foremost, welcome to Mizahar! We're glad to have you. The extent of the lore may seem daunting at first, but I promise as time goes on it's far less intimidating. By the complexity and thoughtfulness exhibited in your Character Sheet, I can tell you're already doing just fine in that respect. Here we write in third person and in past tense. Since you mentioned that's the style you prefer, I think you'll fit in nicely!

You're right to point out there's plenty of housekeeping to be done on site as well. If you have any travel questions I'd recommend asking a local Storyteller from cities you're interested in journeying to. One thing I find the site takes pride in is the involvement in world development by the players themselves. You'll find new places, plants, and fauna popping up all over place as players add and expand to the lore. Feel free to contribute when something piques your interest and you feel you've got enough knowledge and experience under your belt!

I hope you enjoy your time here at Mizahar! Most of the members here are kind and very welcoming, so don't be afraid to shoot out some PMs to get a thread rolling or visit the Chat! The Matchmaker Forum is a great way to meet players of similar plot interests too! Good luck! :)

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Hello Mizahar

Postby Kaden Swift on September 25th, 2013, 6:54 am

Thank you for the compliment. I enjoy writing, I hope I can be as detailed and the like when role playing. It is a relief to hear it will all be in third person. I don't know if I could write in the other forms because first person makes me think I am my character when I am most certainly not.

Thank you for the suggestion, and thank goodness I am done with all the traveling questions I hope to ever have. I am thrilled by the chance to make something for this site and I already have a lot of idea's for both animal and plant life in a number of area's.

Thank you very much for the welcome; have a nice day!
Kaden Swift
What the night dragged in

Words: 122423
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2013, 12:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets