And the crowd goes mild!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

And the crowd goes mild!

Postby Marvin Gunddus on October 12th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Hello, hello. Welcome to my intro thread, where I supposedly tell you interesting, thought driven, and a well planned introduction about myself and why I joined this site. Well prepare to be disappointed, because I'm not really sure what I should say. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised by the time I finish this little post and read it back to myself that it is just the ramblings of a madman. So here I go.

My character's name is Marvin "Marv" Gunddus. He's a traveling guardsman, who truly wants to learn as much as he can. The idea of learning the lore of the land makes him smile, though you would think that being a guardsman he is just a walking mass of muscle with little in the brain. Marv's dream job is his current occupation, while being apart of the university in Zeltiva is a very close second. Marv thinks that walking all across the land will offer him less biased, and more real, information. Before I joined Mizahar I had already had Marv all planned out. Or at least his name, his occupation, and that little tid bit of information.

In the past I had already stumbled upon Mizahar, and knew about the minor basics of the site, but in the past I wasn't ready for what I would consider now the big leagues. As much as the community, and the lore, here insists that this site is easy to get a hold of, I could never do it. I always thought this site was too hard. That it required too much knowledge to take care of, and so I didn't join. Though over the last... Two? Years? I realized that all of the other sites that I knew of didn't have the in depth lore, and the devotion that this site has. I realized that my character I wanted to create would not be able to survive the dying plains of other RP sites. I knew that Mr. Gunddus could only survive here, in Mizahar, where he belongs.

I would like to feel like I belong here as well. That I can indeed keep up with all of the info, whether it be OOC and IC. And so I'm trying to prove my younger self wrong. That this site is the best site for me as a play-by-post RPer. And I would like to try and make sure that I can include all of the wonderful people I have met here in Mizahar in my dream. Whether it be of the people I knew the first time, or whether it be the people I have just now met for the first time.

Thank you for listening to my ramblings. I know they probably don't make too much sense in the long run of things, but it felt right to write all of these things explaining who I am, and what I am hoping to gain from this experience.

-William (Marv's Writer)
Last edited by Marvin Gunddus on October 14th, 2013, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin "Marv" Gunddus
Marvin Gunddus
Sell Sword

Words: 13667
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2013, 9:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

And the crowd goes mild!

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 12th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Welcom to Mizahar! That was quite the intro. Allow me to be the first to say, don't worry. For many people, this is their first experience. I, myself, had a journey similiar to yours. So believe me when I say that you are at an advantage compared to most people starting out.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

And the crowd goes mild!

Postby Gossamer on October 13th, 2013, 4:46 am

Hi There.

Welcome to Mizahar!

I wanted to point out that we have a Signature policy and yours is huge in comparison. Please be a gem and read all our rules, terms of use, and things like our Signature policy before you do much posting!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

And the crowd goes mild!

Postby Marvin Gunddus on October 14th, 2013, 11:05 pm

Thank you for pointing that out. I hadn't realized, my fault. I did fix that problem. I am sorry, and when regarding issues I know little of, I'll make sure to read the regulations.
Marvin "Marv" Gunddus
Marvin Gunddus
Sell Sword

Words: 13667
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2013, 9:17 pm
Character sheet