Great, an english forum RPG! =D

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Ney Hani on October 23rd, 2013, 8:36 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called! Eclipse, it's my main nickname on internet.
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any? I think I have a pretty good RP experience since I'm on forums RPG since 2007, so it's a pretty long time! :D
3. How did you find us? I was desperately trying to find a forum RPG in english, and I just found one! :D
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? Do you mean the background of the forum? I like fantasy ones (no, really? Yes, I know, if I didn't like those, I wouldn't be there) and the ones from books or movies I like.
5. What do you like to write about - not write about? Er... Dunno xD I just like to write! But I must say, I'm not found of forums RPG with "real background", you know, like, based IRL, like "the London life", which is a forum where you play someone in the old London.
6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? How can I answer that? I'm not here for a long time enough! xD But actually, I like the different races and their originality ^^
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? Same thing that up there, I'm not here for a long time, but if really I had to say something, I would say all the informations, 'cause it's a lot to read before I can start a character that will match the background, but on the other hand, it's something I like too! :thumbsup: (Yeah, such an odd answer, I know, sorry xD)
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience? I'm here because I like forums RPG but also because I want to improve my english so a forum RPG seem to be a good idea about this, and I wanna write in english for a long time but I don't want to begin my writing something too long (even a fanfiction *w*)
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded? Er... Right know, nothing come to my mind, but maybe later, I'll ask, yes!
10. Anything else you want to talk about? Yes! As you probably noticed, I said "I want to improve my english" above there, not 'cause I have some difficulties writing, but because I'm French, and french is my mother tongue. I'm a student, I won't have as much time as I'd like to be here and play but I'll try to come as often as I can, and I want to improve my english 'cause it will be useful in my studies and to me, as I read fanfictions in english and would like to write some in english too :D
Ney Hani
Player

Words: 1084
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2013, 8:06 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Phyolea on October 25th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! There is also a chat room so you can put your English skills to use. Mizahar is probably a lot different from the other RPG sites you've been. I hope you will grow to enjoy the lore!

There is a contest coming up for National Novel Writing Month. You get a badge if you can manage to write 50,000 words during the month of November. The only rule is that the 50,000 words have to be in character. NaNo would be an excellent way for you to apply your English writing skills!

If you have any questions, you can generally find answers from the lore (wiki), from people in chat, from the Question & Answer forum, and/or from the Help Desk. The people here are generally pretty friendly and willing to help. Enjoy your time here!
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on October 27th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Soyez le bienvenu! Welcome to Mizahar! I can practice my French too (sometimes).

Yup, it's a lot to take in (the lore and all that) but you'll soon be spouting Mizahar jargon - or should I say patois? (It has different meanings in English and French, I believe) - in no time.

And I'd just like to reiterate what Phyolea said: Ask questions if you need help! Ask the Storytellers, ask the CS liaisons, ask the Mizahar Mentors!

And once again: Welcome!

Bonne journée!

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Re: Great, an english forum RPG! =D

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on October 27th, 2013, 4:59 pm

'lo there,

Welcome to Mizahar! I've seen my own writing improve a tad (I'm a slow learner) and I've read similar stories of players who came in wanting to improve and di so wonderfully while have an amazing time here :D Moving along it's great to have you and have fun writing!
Sosicly Magnolia
Silence is Open to Misconception

Words: 175085
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 4:37 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ney Hani on October 30th, 2013, 1:27 pm

Thanks everyone! ^^

Phyolea >> Thanks for you ideas ^^ I knew NaNo but each year I forget about it so I miss the beginning (or the whole event).

Crypt >> Thanks ^^ Don't worry, I'm slowly reading the lore and all and entering Mizahar's universe :D And "jargon" is the better word to use, as "jargon" and "patois" seems to have the same meaning in both english and french (or at least wordreference told me so)

Sosicly Magnolia >> Thanks! ^^ It makes me excited to begin playing! :D
Ney Hani
Player

Words: 1084
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2013, 8:06 pm
Race: Kelvic