Hello, old friend (Websites can't be friends...)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Krahe von der Nebel on October 29th, 2013, 8:16 am

Hello!

It's 3 in the morning here, so I'll try to make this as little grammatically butchering as possible.

It brings me a great deal of joy to know that Mizahar is still going strong, nabbing first place on the top RP and Fantasy RP sites (If I read the votes correctly). And it deserves every ounce of praise it receives. Even way back when I first joined this site back in 2010, I was utterly stunned at the massive amount of original content. Not only that, but each character provided by the users were unique and interesting. I remember rushing home from school to check my inbox to see if there was another post replying to my own. How I'd sneak my phone out in class to read up on Mizahar lore. Coming back hits me with a wave of nostalgia and excitement as I ready myself to leap into the world once again.

Not only that, but I feel like my transitioning years between high school and college were some of the most important for me in terms of writing and composition. I feel like I no longer stumble across my words. That once I put my fingers to the keys my mind starts to spin a tale that my fingertips proceed to weave.

I can't even begin to tell you all how happy I am to return.

On a side note...

I've taken a great deal of interest in an animation program by the name of "Source Filmmaker", the same program I used to make my character profile. It's developed by the same people who made Half-Life 2, Portal, and Left 4 Dead, and includes all the props and models from those games. And it's LOADED with modder support. I say all this in case anyone was ever interested in giving me ideas or requesting certain pictures. Anything that will help me better my understanding of the craft.

Anyways, TL;DR, I'm returning to Mizahar after many years, and I'm ready to start my new adventure
Krahe von der Nebel
Listen, Watch, Wait

Words: 23147
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2013, 9:51 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Traverse on October 30th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Hey Krahe, and welcome back to Mizahar!

Sounds like you've got the gist of things, and your enthusiasm is simply contagious! Does that mean your avatar is a 3D model you made? If so I am thoroughly impressed, and if you're interested in making some for the populace I would direct you to the Aesthetics and Design forum, though I warn you if you set up shop there people may be tripping over themselves to request stuff from you as what you're offering hasn't been seen there before! (to my knowledge :) )

-Safe Travels!

Traverse
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on November 1st, 2013, 6:58 pm

'lo there,

Welcome back to Mizahar. I'm glad you found your way to Mizahar again, especially with your animation art! It looks very good :D I look forward to seeing some of your art around as well as you and your PC.

Happy writing!
Sosicly Magnolia
Silence is Open to Misconception

Words: 175085
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 4:37 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes