Greetings and Customary Platitudes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Somna Fern on November 7th, 2013, 4:47 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Well, my name's Dee, but most spell it D because it's faster and sounds the same.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I've been roleplaying tabletop World of Darkness, Dungeons and Dragons, and the like for going on twelve years now. Guh...now I feel old.

3. How did you find us?
Been looking for a play-by-post forum for about a month now and a few places pointed out Mizahar is a fairly active place to play.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
I tend to enjoy the noir style of play. Dark, closed off spaces with a hint of macabre danger and that sound of thing tend to peak my interest. When I am Storytelling, I love giving PCs that horror-genre feeling that can only be explained as the emotion that drives us to cover our eyes when we are scared, but still peek out through our fingers because we just need to know.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
More often than not, I write about characters that are underutilized in their roles. The characters tend to have superiors that expect so little that they can't imagine when the character can actually do something amazing.

I don't tend to play wealthy characters. I don't know what it is, but the idea of having oceans of supplies at ones fingertips takes so much fun out of scraping an idea of success from nothing but a handful of junk and a mind full of necessary resourcefulness.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
I haven't played yet, but the PCs seem friendly. So there's that going for it.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
It's a big, rich story world. Don't get me wrong, I like how much already exists to build off of, however picking through all the information to make a starting concept is a bit intimidating.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
I just enjoy playing. Easing going like that, I guess. To quote one of my favorite movies, "Losers focus on winning the race, winners just love to run."

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
As someone that plays darker elements of storytelling with more of a focus on the tragic end of the spectrum, I would like to see the criminal world expanded just a bit more. Sunberth has a loose outline on it, but it's hard to tell if it even exists in other cities, let along in what capacity.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Um...if I do or say anything that offends, please let me know. IRL, I am told that I can be kind of an asshole and I don't mean to be. So, especially OOC, if something I write comes across with an improper tone, let me know so that I can correct it in the future.
Somna Fern
Player

Words: 12605
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taylani on November 7th, 2013, 5:39 pm

Welcome Somna, In Mizahar we use spaces instead of _ to denote spaces between the first name and last. You can change that in your user profile.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Somna Fern on November 7th, 2013, 5:52 pm

was looking for where, but couldn't find it.
Somna Fern
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taylani on November 7th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Go to user profile, click the Profile tab, then on the left is a list click Account settings :)
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Quint Caravel on November 7th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Somna Fern wrote:7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
It's a big, rich story world. Don't get me wrong, I like how much already exists to build off of, however picking through all the information to make a starting concept is a bit intimidating.

Hello! I just joined myself this week, and I know what you mean. I'm just slowly plugging away at it.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sinoa on November 7th, 2013, 8:05 pm

yay world of darkness! I haven't gotten to play much of it but I really like what I was able to play. Personally I've had much more experience with Pathfinder, I'm a big fan of the Gnomes in that game which is probably why I ended up playing a Pycon. I was going to recomend Symenestra to you but it seems like you've already descovered them. Good luck in creating a character :)
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Somna Fern on November 7th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Sinoa wrote:yay world of darkness! I haven't gotten to play much of it but I really like what I was able to play. Personally I've had much more experience with Pathfinder, I'm a big fan of the Gnomes in that game which is probably why I ended up playing a Pycon. I was going to recomend Symenestra to you but it seems like you've already descovered them. Good luck in creating a character :)

Thanks. already have a character planned out. I just have a few minor details getting passed with the admins and storytellers before I put the character out there for final approval.
Somna Fern
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets