Among the wilds, they meet agian? [Kaie]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Aider Silander on November 12th, 2013, 7:50 pm

She seemed upset to him, something about his answer made her seem distant. Was she upset at the fact that he wasn't reserved with his life? That he wanted to explore and learn even if it would possible kill him. He wonder for a moment before she spoke. She thought he was way to good to her, that caused him to chuckle. Maybe it was true and that he should be a little more defensive and reserved around her. But in all honesty he couldn't, something inside her made him trust her. Maybe it was Caiyha or even goddess Myri. He wasn't one to question his feelings, thus he just smiled at her, warm and friendly like the day they had met.
"Im not trying to, I assure you. Its just the way I am. Always have been, question others not yourself. That seems to be the answer that I always get when I think about such things." he said with a shrug. "I am honest if nothing else, if you have to be one thing be honest. People seem to trust you more then. I also don't think Im being to good to you. You could have killed me the day we met, and just a few ticks ago. In fact you could kill me at any moment. But you haven't, so I trust you and treat you as you should be. You are my friend, even if our cultures are so far separated, I would gladly leave it behind to be with you." the last part of his speech slipped out before he realized what he said and how it could be taken. He stood frozen in front of her, he really didn't want to upset her in any way. He looked upon her, she looked like she had questions for him. Maybe she would just ignore his last words, maybe she wouldn't dig into them.

"You look like something's on your mind" he said, doing a gentle motion with his hands as to show he was interested. "Mind sharing" he asked. His body was warm, with a mix of emotions. He cared about her, even though he knew so little about her. There was something that drew him towards her, that made him trust her. If he died today at least he could be happy that he saw his friend again. He waited for her answer, shifting his stance and putting all the weight in his feet. He looks slightly more relaxed and hoped that it would help settle the tension in the air.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Among the wilds, they meet again? [Kaie]

Postby Kaie on November 12th, 2013, 9:53 pm

This was refreshing. All of it. So often were conversations reaching points with swords rather than intellectual discussion. Too quickly did she need to draw and battle this season. Aider challenged all of that merely by standing before her. She jumped him, her sword drawn with the intention of cutting his throat or drowning him. And he stood there grinning at her, excited to see her regardless. When she pointed out the dangers to his kindness toward her, he defended them with beliefs all too foreign to her. Did he know how lucky he was to be so sure of himself?

She watched him, pulling her hand up around her left shoulder and squeezing the last drops from the locks. As soon as he began to speak about trusting her despite circumstance, Kaie's lips parted to respond. What came next, however, was not at all expected. Whatever words her lips were forming were long gone then. Her bright amber eyes flickered up from her hair to Aider, a brow arched and lips softly parted in silence.

He would gladly leave it all behind to be with her? What exactly did that mean? Had she not been processing she might've tried to find some sort of response. But she was left with nothing but silence. He was damn right something was on her mind. This question allowed her to recover from her own pondering at least.

"Something's always on my mind." She reasoned with a sly grin, wiping a stray drop of water running down the bridge of her nose. "Mind meld. I do not know how to play, so you'll have to go first," Kaie decided, clearly unfamiliar with the foreign term.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on November 12th, 2013, 11:11 pm

She obviously caught the end of his words, that much he was certain of but what was she thinking? He let out a sigh. When she finally spoke again he smiled, mind melding? She wanted to exchange thoughts with him until they could basically think alike? He chuckled knowing that wasn't exactly what she meant, but he found it funny none the less.
"Very well, have you travelled to anywhere exciting since we last met?" he asked, interested in the places she had been. More so interested in getting the thoughts that plagued his mind out and replaced with something more useful, or at least interesting. He ran a hand through his still soaked hair, her rustled it sending drops of water flying everywhere. He sighed again, then looked at her with a smile. "You know, I really wasn't planning on swimming otherwise I would have brought a spare change of clothes" he teased, not really caring. But still it was fun to tease her, even though if he stepped too far she could slice his throat with no problem. He wondered if she would, just simply cut his throat if he upset her. He wondered if he had any actual affect on her life. If he had a reason to live within her world, he waved them off without a second though. They were all something to ponder on a later date, when he was alone or busy. He came back into reality, momentarily forget where he was. He looked at Kaie confused for a second, then he remembered where he was. "I really shouldn't go into deep thought in the wilds should I?" he asked in a joking tone.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 13th, 2013, 1:40 am

Have I traveled anywhere exciting? The whole travel part had been pretty exciting...Mostly in the most terrible, gruesome of ways.

"I did go to Ravok. Well, I don't know if you can really say I went there since I didn't get near the city. I saw the lake though," She shared with a shrug, eyes drifted for a moment to her experience near the lake city. It was certainly eventful in all senses of the word, good and bad. "It's big. Pretty but ruled by Rhysol. When it was all over I didn't have anymore reason to stay. I bet you can guess my reasons," She added cryptically, raising her brows at him like the answer was obvious. For the most part it was. Nothing good could come from living in the unprotected wilderness that was Ravok. When the world was ruled by Chaos, sometimes it was best to just stay out of its way.

"Not unless you want to be forced to swim more often," She teased him back, stepping closer to him. Her bronzed fingers wandered to his soaked clothing, pulling it toward her before letting it snap back to his skin again, all as if she was reinforcing her own point. "You know we should probably get a fire going. Wet clothes aren't really good this time of year," Kaie stated a little more seriously, reminding them both of the dangers cooler weather can bring. The last thing she needed was to be more susceptible to illness.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on November 13th, 2013, 2:01 am

Ravok, a place he had heard about but was never truly interested in. It said to be ruled by a god who favored chaos, and that it was built upon a lake. Then she stepped closer to him and grabbed onto his clothing, she pulled it and then released it. It slapped back to his skin with a resounding whack.
"Fire would most likely be a smart idea" he said with a nod. He grabbed his quiver, turning it over and dumping the arrows that lay within. His flint and steel slid out of the quiver and to the ground. He took both in his hand and turned towards her, smiling he said "See Im not totally unprepared." He stepped back towards her. Then began to search of wood and anything else that would burn. He grabbed some dead branches that had fallen to the ground and stacked them. "I need kindling, something to catch that will help feed the fire while it warms up" he said. He turned towards her again. Part of him was happy to be out her with her, rather then the safety of his own room in the hostel. The other part wished he could be in the hostel with her. But he knew that could never happen, doubt settled in his mind that she was even interested in him. He didn't know if it was her beauty that made him think this way or something more for all he knew she wasn't even interested in being his friend. He paused, rubbing the bridge of his nose. He pulled some greenery out of the ground and some moss off of the trees, he laid it underneath the fire. He knelt down striking the steel against the flint trying to get a spark, after a few ticks the sparks caught on the moss and began smoking. He leaned his face closer to the fire and gently blew until a flame had grown and started spreading to the other branches. "There we go" he said, he smiled up at her. The fire felt good against his skin, like the warmth he had felt from her skin. He took in a deep breath and let it out, "That's better" he said. He quickly removed his shirt to warm his chest and the rest of his torso. He rubbed his hands together then stretched then towards the fire.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 13th, 2013, 2:57 am

Kaie couldn't help but roll her eyes in good nature at his tease. Unless he could click the flint and steel to cause attackers to spontaneously combust, those tools would do him little good. Yet as soon as he got a fire going, Kaie decided they were absolutely doing a whole lot of good right then. Goosebumps formed across her sun kissed skin, a gentle shiver rocking her body once when the heat reached her. The Myrian woman had been adapting to the cold season rather well she had thought. In that moment she realized she might've actually been cold for a really long time, just tolerating the discomfort like everyone else.

Aider did not hesitate to tear his own wet top off his body to warm up. Kaie envied him. Ditching her own would certainly make her own trip back toward homeostasis that much quicker. Unfortunately for her, women without shirts when in the company of others was frowned upon. At least that was what she had come to understand in Syliras. No doubt that social norm was probably the same in Nyka. Goddess did he look warm though...

It was only natural her warm, amber eyes would wander his torso for but a moment appreciatively. Unlike the women back in Syliras, a man's body was not foreign to her eyes. In Falyndar, clothing was all but nonexistent. When the environment was nothing but a cloud of humidity in blistering heat, the less clothes one wore the better. Most men in her life never wore much else besides a simple loincloth. That's not to say no women passed up the chance to glance at a worthy suitor a little too long. There was nothing wrong with admiring every now and then, was there?

Kaie huddled close to the fire, feeling the heat slowly taking effect on her clothing. Aider would be long dry by the time she was, but she didn't mind too much. She enjoyed the presence of fire. For nights she could stare into the flames, let them reflect and dance in her eyes, while she disappeared elsewhere.

"Please tell me you didn't plan on sleeping out here alone tonight," Kaie asked suddenly, eyes flickering up to look at him between the dancing flames again. Her voice held a combination of both interrogatory and imploring tones. It was easy to see why. The area they were in was a pretty open glade. Kaie had no trouble spotting him from above, and there had been little to obstruct her vision. Granted, she did have a better angle from above, but that meant anyone could discover the same.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on November 13th, 2013, 3:31 am

He felt her gaze upon his chest, a slight smile spread across his face. He looked over her and sat down.
"If you want to dry your clothes I promise not to do anything sneaky" he joked. He had seen plenty of women naked before and he would most likely see plenty afterwards. He didn't mind and he didn't want her to get sick, he had no clue about treating a sickness out here in the wilderness. The fire roared with life as the sky darkened. Her voice warmed his ears, then his mind contemplated what she had said. "I guess, I mean... I didn't really have another idea" he said. His smile grew abit as he heard the tone of her voice that her question could be more of a way of saying that she wanted to stay with him. "Unless you want to stay with me. I have no problem with that" he said, "But wont your caravan? have a problem with it? If you aren't back" he asked. Did he really care? Why was he risking her re-thinking it? He looked back towards the fire and sighed. His shirt was slowly drying by the fire and he had time to think and enjoy her company. "I would very much enjoy it if you stayed with me tonight Kaie. It would give me a chance to learn more about your culture and.... you" he said. He leaned back on his hand letting the fire warm the length of his body. "Sitting under Akajia's sky, surrounded by Caiyha's grace. Its wonderful, the feeling of being free. No walls to keep you in, no people judging you. Isnt it wonderful?" he asked her. Her eyes glowed in the fire, he actually felt free when he was with her. That he didn't have to think everything through, down to the final detail. He could just be himself and be fine with it. He wanted to learn more about her, who she really was. Not as a Myrian but as a person. "Why didn't you kill me? The first time we met. You could have done it so easily, but you gave me a chance" he asked. It was a thought that was always on his mind and he couldn't help but think she had to have a reason for it.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 13th, 2013, 4:03 am

The savage women narrowed her eyes at his immediately inkling, a coy grin slipping up the side of her face once more. Of course he'd jump to such a conclusion. She should've known Aider would read right into it. Fortunately for him, she had a feeling the answer to her question would've been similar to the one he provided. And what would she have done then? Brushed it off and eventually walked away, leaving him to be picked off by bandits? Not likely. Guilt might've driven her to hang around the cliffs just out of his view. There was no use denying the obvious solution.

"Yes, they will," She admitted slowly, unable to keep Trent's face out of her head. Her caravan leader would probably have a pretty big problem with it, actually. Oh, she could practically hear him know. If he found her he'd certainly berate her right then and there. With winter closing in, no one had much room to leave. She couldn't just abandon her duties at the sacrifice of the whole group, could she? Trent himself might even decide to venture out after her. He would never let her go so easily. Kaie had ventured out past the usual scout's perimeter, though. With each outing yielding less and less prospect, she'd been forced to widen her field. Would Trent dare explore that far, waste that much time, just to search for her?

"Let's just...Keep the fire low when Syna leaves," She suggested finally, giving him no reason to worry. Kaie warmed her fingers over the fire and then ran them through her drying hair. She was relaxed for once. No longer running, killing. The Myrian couldn't help but wonder had she not been born to her people, if this was the life she would choose. One of peace, and carefree lifestyle like Aider. With someone like Aider. Her muse did not mean she would revoke her heritage for a heartbeat. She was a Child of Myri through and through regardless of consequence for her faith. Nothing would ever change that. Not even errand thoughts and ridiculous dreams.

"I wish more people...Saw things like you do," She laughed and shook her head at his idea of wonderful. He was right, it was all incredible in its simplicity. His next question caught her a little surprised, and no doubt the expression to suit flickered across her face. Kaie didn't answer at first. She couldn't have, not right away. "I almost did. Just because you were Nykan," She started softly, staring into the flames as if unraveling her own thoughts from that day. Invisible fingers pried through memories, willing the emotions back to the forefront of her mind. "I think because...You were too innocent. Talking and laughing to yourself. You were right, too. You, sir, are a terrible hunter," She replied, eyes sparkling at her clever quoting she had heard the Man in the Mist say once long ago.

"It's like following a deer, and when you finally find it, it's just a faun. It's easy to kill it when its not paying attention, but when its looking at you...Not so much. Not when you can see its soul."

Kaie stared into the flames a little more intently, growing silent when her analogy had done its job. Whether or not Aider grasped what she had meant slipped past the consciousness of the Myrian woman. She was captivated by her own words. She never expected them to be so accurate. And all was true. There was the shadow she followed through the mist, but what she found was not just some Nykan itching to be picked off. It was a man who looked like he hadn't an ounce of blood spilled on his hands his whole life. Vulnerable, not weak. And she just didn't have the heart to shoot him down in cold blood. Not like that.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on November 13th, 2013, 4:37 am

He listened to her voice, sweet as honey to his ears.
"As long as you don't get hurt, Im fine with whatever" he said. He nodded, agreeing with her about keeping the fire low. If it got two cold they could just share body heat, the idea caused his to blush slightly. He rolled his neck, cracking it, she said that she wished more people saw things like him. "I don't, if everyone thought like me. Then there would be no me, the way I think makes me unique from the rest. The fighters in Nyka couldn't use there head to get them out of a bad situation, instead they use their fist. Which isn't a bad thing, I wish I could fight better. Maybe then I wouldn't be stuck in Nyka. I could venture out, make more friends." he sighed, then she answered his question. He was to innocent? Was he really? He though about his life, then she quoted him. From the first time they met, about his hunting he couldn't help but chuckle. She spoke in a way he figured a Myrian would. Using hunting as an analogy, she mentioned looking into it soul, his soul. He looked up at her and smiled, "What did you see? When you looked into my eyes? A Nykan who had no clue what he was doing? Or maybe something more?" he paused for a few ticks. "Im glad you didn't just strike me down. Besides the fact I got to live, Im also glad I actually got to speak to you. Its not often that I get to talk to someone from another place that I actually wonder about. Even less often that its someone so.... simply beautiful. I don't think Caiyha has ever made anything more wonderful" he sighed. Not really thinking about what he said. There was a chance that they might never meet again, and he regretted not getting to know he more last time. He locked eyes with her and without pausing to think he asked "Do you have many regrets?" it wasn't really his place to be asking, but he was curious. Plus if there was a slight chance that he might die to night, then he wanted to make sure nothing was left unsaid.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 13th, 2013, 9:53 pm

Aider did have a point. Without his striking individuality, spending time with him like this would be nothing special at all. Yet the bit about the Nykan fighters did catch her attention. He made them sound a little dim witted, perhaps even a bit too pugnacious for their own good. From the sound of it, their fists brought them into bad situations just as often as they brought them out. Their weapons were not words, and Kaie hated just how alike she suddenly seemed to be with them. Thoughtless warriors. Murderers. All that separated her from their sins was the fact hers had a higher purpose. Myri's will triumphed over all. No blood was spilled in vain.

"I...I don't know what I saw exactly. It was not a word. Feeling. Instinct," She tried to explain, reaching for the correct way to describe what had halted her malicious advance. In the end, words failed her. What she saw, it just was.

Kaie was silent then, still trying to string together something more comprehensible until he complimented her yet again. It was straight forward, honest. Suddenly she was beginning to feel guilty for finding herself in his presence at all. What had she done to allow the Fates to grant her the company of a pure hearted man? She certainly hadn't done anything good lately to deserve their the mercy of the Fates. Maybe this was just a taste of serenity they were teasing her with before yanking it all out from under her. She'd been burned before.

His question, however, had taken the conversation on an entirely different path. The savage woman halted, her whole mind reversing in shock. She turned to face him, her brow raised and lips parted in open mouthed surprise. The Myrian's whole being seemed to freeze in that moment. Finally she warmed over once more.

Kaie slid around the fire to find herself beside him. She sat back on her knees, her legs almost touching his in the close proximity. The Myrian stared into the flames for a single tick before finding his gaze. Her own was deep, deep as the darkest caves of Falyndar. Lost, mysterious, and vague in their existence. But within the caverns of her eyes there was knowing, a knowing she would not share. One she did not share with anyone. Not even with those who asked. It was from there she found her answer.

"Everyone has regrets," She spoke softly, tone gentle but holding weight. Amber, burning pools did not leave his as if they were trying to convey a message. A message she could not quite put into words. It was one she needed him to understand though. He had to. And when her silent words ran quiet, she voiced her own question. This one was far more serious. This was one Kaie needed to understand, but still could not. "Why do you look at me and see something other than a bloodthirsty savage?"

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext