Konti/Akalak Halfling

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Konti/Akalak Halfling

Postby Aranta on November 19th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Does anyone have a Konti/Akalak halfling PC? I know that in the Konti page, it says:
The only exception to their reproduction restrictions are when the Konti pair themselves with the all male race called the Akalak. Akalak men value Konti women and will often trade for them or welcome them warmly into their city of Riverfall. Such pairings often result in full Akalak sons that lack divination skills from the bodies of Konti women, or the normal full Konti daughters with no physical boosts from their Akalak fathers. The ratio is about 50:50. Occasionally, a hybrid between the two will be born, though their survival is often not guaranteed since they tend to be sickly. Such hybrids often exhibit the physical prowess of a Akalak and the visions of a Konti, though, if they manage to make it through the illnesses of childhood.

I might in interested in creating a character that would be a Akalak/Konti hybrid of the sort in the last few sentences, if no one has any objections. (We are allowed up to 5 PCs, right? I'm only thinking of creating 2, though) If someone already has a PC like this, that might make it a bit more... interesting, I believe the word I'm looking for is, to see how they would interact if they ever met/heard of each other.
Zithanese
Common
Symenos
Aranta
Player

Words: 64715
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2013, 7:30 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Konti/Akalak Halfling

Postby Taylani on November 19th, 2013, 2:24 pm

That would be called an Akontak and since they are so extremely rare, you would have to post a request at the help desk to play an Akontak.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Konti/Akalak Halfling

Postby Ball on November 19th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Taylani is correct. The Akontak are rare and HD Permission only
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Konti/Akalak Halfling

Postby Aranta on November 19th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Okay, thank you! I guess if I hope to get it approved, I'll have to work really hard to make it a good character! :)
Zithanese
Common
Symenos
Aranta
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Konti/Akalak Halfling

Postby Alea Davenport on November 19th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Also, special permissions PCs are generally only granted to veteran players, so you might have better luck getting approved if you prove yourself with a less rare type of PC first, before trying to get the rare stuff :)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Konti/Akalak Halfling

Postby Aranta on November 19th, 2013, 11:39 pm

Yeah, good point, Alea. :) I tend to get ahead of myself... >.>
Zithanese
Common
Symenos
Aranta
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Konti/Akalak Halfling

Postby Ball on November 20th, 2013, 1:18 pm

>.< I knew about that just sorta ignored that bit.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes