Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello!

Postby James Aethril on December 6th, 2013, 11:41 pm

(Thanks to Gossamer for the questions template, would feel dumb personally if I just put in "hey", compared to some of the things I've seen here so far)

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
No real preference, I suppose even "Jim" or "Jimmy" would work. Just as long as I know I'm being addressed, I'm not too particular on how it's done.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I have only a handful of years worth of experience of any kind, some of which is dnd based, some of which was to write up various characters.

3. How did you find us?
Google. I was looking around for an interesting play by post experience, and from what I can tell, this seems to be promising. (if nothing else, I'll be pushing my writing skills to the limit)

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
I do enjoy focus on character development, and seeing how the situations they encounter change them in one way or another. I don't think that's a particular "style", so I guess I'm open-minded for now, until I get a bit more experience.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I like writing about nothing, similar to how I talk sometimes if you ever hear me speak. When I'm not particularly focused on any one thing, I just follow that particular stream of consciousness to wherever it takes me. On the other hand, my least favorite so far has been trying to help write my friend out of a corner, which I've had to do several times, and it gives this feeling of restriction that I'm not a huge fan of.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
It's very pretty. The last few sites I've browsed through (including one that has actually put me in a game I rather enjoy) have been powered by vBulletin, and there hasn't been a lot of variety on the actual theme or forum display, other than some simple color changes. Not that I'm saying they're bad, but it does make a site like this stand out.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
(Can I pass questions?)
The only things that might be frustrating are just reorienting myself to a new environment, and other personal tasks. I haven't really known the site long enough to be mad at it.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
I'm not really sure. Half of the fun of an experience is seeing where it takes you, and if I'm going to place expectations on it, I might be disappointed and regard the experience as a waste of time. I don't think I want to do that.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Because I haven't been around long enough to really see what this has to offer, not at the moment. I may make a few suggestions here and there, but I think I'll be okay with what's here.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
I really don't know what exactly to expect, nor do I know what exactly to bring here. I have vague ideas, but as of writing this, I haven't really explored the site (I may have made that obvious by now, though). I'll be doing my best to fit in, whenever I can log on, but I'm a bit worried about the quality and consistency of my writing, to be honest.

I'm pretty excited to be here, and I guess I'm hoping that I don't let the people here down, and that I can bring some sort of interesting content to the table.
James Aethril
Player

Words: 1364
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2013, 11:06 pm
Race: Human

Hello!

Postby Shiyami on December 7th, 2013, 12:55 am

Glad to see fellow newcomers!
Remember to read the lores, to find out how to become part of the community(not to hard, just don't be like me and try to burn yourself reading everything in one go).

If you have any questions, there is a Question and Answer section of the forum. That, and you could probably hop onto chat, and ask us questions there directly!

Hope you enjoy your stay!
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hello!

Postby Kaiphur on December 7th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! I hope you stick around.
If you need any help people are always in chat.

I'm not sure if your name could be "Deaf Jimmy", maybe just Jimmy... but you'll need to post your character sheet to see about that!

Have fun!
Kaiphur
Trapped in the flesh

Words: 31629
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2013, 7:44 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hello!

Postby James Aethril on December 7th, 2013, 10:54 pm

I do have plans for that name, yes, but as I've been working on the character, I think I'll be going with a full name. I'll probably change to that before the end of the day today, if not right after this post.

CS to be at least partially up soon, double-checking to make sure everything makes sense and is legal to do/have.
James Aethril
Player

Words: 1364
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2013, 11:06 pm

Hello!

Postby Quint Caravel on December 10th, 2013, 7:12 am

Just keep working at it! It took me 3 or 4 days to work on my CS, too!

Post any questions or comments about it here. Lots of people will help you iron it out.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2