An excited hello to you all!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Mira Israel on January 1st, 2014, 11:53 pm

I found this website on google and decided to take the plunge! Lately I've been wishing for a creative outlet and after perusing this site for a good half day, I think I've finally found it!

I've been slightly involved with rp forums and text-based role playing games before, but not like anything as extensive as this site. I'm looking forward to making up my character sheet and gain enough courage to jump in something. Though I do have a question--how does one get the pretty borders that people have surrounding the info on their character sheet?

Anyway, hope to get a sheet up and a home picked out shortly! Hard with so many choices!
Mira Israel
Player

Words: 312
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 6:22 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Skerry on January 2nd, 2014, 12:03 am

Welcome Mira! I'm sure that you'll enjoy your time with us. There's a lot of choice but I'm sure that you'll figure it out soon.

In answer to your question, people make those templates but most won't create them until you have at least 50 posts. It's just to ensure that people actually stick around.

Anyway have fun,
Skerry
Skerry
The Volatile One

Words: 121644
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2013, 10:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Mira Israel on January 2nd, 2014, 12:08 am

Oh interesting! Very nice community to do that for people :) And here I thought the majority of people were just that much more computer savvy. I appreciate the welcome Skerry!
Mira Israel
Player

Postby Skerry on January 2nd, 2014, 12:14 am

This helped me a lot when I first started out. It's just a list of the codes that you can use which might help you.
Skerry
The Volatile One

Words: 121644
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2013, 10:00 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Translucent on January 2nd, 2014, 12:16 am

Welcome to Mizahar Mira! Yes we have a very good community here. I am completely and utterly pants at graphic stuff but there are plenty who are not so horrible and are always so kind as to make some :)

The link Skerry gave you is awesome as well for making nifty posts and are explained in a way even I could use them :D Looking forward to see your threads in Miz :)
Translucent
To be Translucent is to be Vulnerable.

Words: 187106
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 12:59 am

Postby Mira Israel on January 2nd, 2014, 1:18 am

Very helpful indeed! Will have fun toying around with this, thanks so much!
Mira Israel
Player

Postby Wanda Endust on January 3rd, 2014, 6:13 pm

Hiya Mira, and welcome!

I don't know whether or not you've discovered this already, but a list of Character Sheet templates can be found here.

Best wishes and good luck!
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Trivon on January 4th, 2014, 1:16 am

hey mira,
im new too i started around the same time as you so we should try to help each other out :)
Trivon
The iron chef

Words: 3706
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2014, 1:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet