Questions about agency and canonicity

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Elsa Marin on January 10th, 2014, 1:41 am

So how much stuff can we make happen?

Gods and Alvina need Domain Storyteller involvement or higher and I imagine a killing spree or massive explosion without giving your friendly neighborhood storyteller at least a heads up would be something of a faux pas. What else?

Secondly, is a thread considered to have happened when it's posted or when it's graded?

Say I put up fifty threads doing nothing but grinding blacksmithing, starting with a 0 in blacksmithing. I go to start thread 51, is my character still figuring out which end of the hammer to hold?
now while he stands tough
notice that this man did not have his hands up
Elsa Marin
Player

Words: 36964
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on January 10th, 2014, 2:00 am

For the killing sprees and mass mayhem it really depends on the city, but generally the same rules apply. If you're doing illegal, profane things you should probably inform or discuss matters with an ST first. Now obviously if your PC is a pickpocket and you're just trying to earn some mizas in the back alleys of [fill in the blank here] that's not a problem, but doing crazy stuff when you're just starting off as a PC is usually just going to wind up getting you killed or thrown in whatever your city has for a jail equivalent.

As for threads I think the general rule of thumb is that the events are counted only once a thread is officially complete (with or without a grade unless it is going to contain pertinent information), usually its better to know something's finished for continuities sake if nothing else.

As for threads and training XP that depends entirely on how you write them and how long they are. The general rule of thumb when grading is to dole out 1 XP for each skill described accurately and realistically per post with a cap of 5 for any given thread, so if you have 10 threads with five posts a piece each with increasingly difficult displays of blacksmithing knowledge (as you progress from novice to competent up to expert) you should in theory have 50 XP in said blacksmithing.

Hope this helps!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)