[Vanator's Scrapbook] Strident Serenity

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Vanator on January 13th, 2014, 2:39 pm

This is a place for me to work out thoughts and make rare, painfully obvious comments. Feel free to write something, I just ask for civility, and an occasional word of wisdom. No flattery, because too often it works. But baked goods are good, and meats. And funnies, I like to laugh. And insight. Insight is good, always good to hear things from a different perspective. OK, some flattery is alright, if its sincere, everyone likes to hear a little of that. But it doesn't always have to be about me, it could be about you. But mostly not, 'cause its my scrap, and I have to get things out in writing to help kick start some thought processes. But comment if you want, I need all the help I can get.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Caelum on January 13th, 2014, 2:58 pm

FIRST REPLY. BOOM.

Your scrap rules are better than my scrap rules. I don’t even remember what mine are anymore. Probably a note in there that I accept bribes. Yeah, definitely a note in there to that effect.

Glad you’re starting a scrap. They’re loads of fun and I’ll doubtless poke my nose up into your business here way too much. Let me know if there’s something you need help with that I can assist on. I don’t know much, but I’m half decent at coming up with creative curse words. ;)

-katie.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vanator on January 13th, 2014, 3:09 pm

Katie, you have already done more for me than you know. Your scrap is full of great wisdom when it comes to writing and RP. Well, I should say, it will do more for me than you know (as well as Jen's), since I am finally taking time to heed them. I want to step up my RP. I have floated along for too long. But the recent scraps between you two regarding character purpose and the difference between RP-Producers and RP-Consumers have challenged me to try to transition from a reactionary writer to one that is directed by his own goals. Jen has subtly, lovingly nudged me that way for years (I notoriously ride on her coat tails).

Actually, I hope this scrap will help me with these goals. Writing thoughts out help me to work things out in my head. Many long, tedious ramblings should follow.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on January 13th, 2014, 3:17 pm

You... what... Who are you? What have you done with Mike? OUR Mike! Making a scrapbook... *mumbles* Must be ill, must be the reason. You're not ill are you? You better get well soon if you are! But keep the scrapbook, that can stay.

On a lighter note, I can now stalk you and your scraps, watch things grow and quietly cheer from the side lines with slightly more ease. Excellent. :thumbsup:

-JP
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kavala on January 13th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Glad to see you plotting and planning and being proactive.

In all honesty, I think you are going to be a force of nature once you settle on a course and stick to it. And whatever that course may be your friends and family will support you. I can't wait for the day you approach me and say... "Jen, lets thread!" That's kinda all I want in this world... literally in this world of Mizahar... is someone to once in a while approach me with a thread idea and a plan for something cool to do. You are an amazing remarkable intelligent person, Mike. If you just relax and trust yourself, those sorts of threads will come.

I haven't asked anyone this season for threads. I planned my PC's progression around the recovery from her pregnancy leaving everything else open to whatever folks want to do. If they show up and want to plot and thread, then that's great. If not, then I suppose they are busy elsewhere and have different priorities. It's been telling this season too, with that approach. But I've gotten to meet some pretty cool newbies, sold some dogs out into the world, and have had some unexpected adventures. All and all its not bad and more than I could have asked for.

I hope you have the same luck. I hope folks keep you in mind and want to thread with you. I know I always do. Vanator is very special to me, not only as my PCs brother, but because of his overall story and his journey. Of all the PCs in the game, I can say yours has lived a lifetime in just a few years and come miles and miles from where he started mentally... and in many ways physically too.

I do have a couple of Isurian Steel axes with Izentor marks that Kav picked up in the Kingdom with your name on them should you want to thread one of these days. I was going to save them as wedding presents, but if that is on hold, let me throw that out there shamelessly.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on January 13th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Brother!! A scrap? I don't believe it...Must be Sybel's doing. grr. Sadly I don't have any wisdom my friend, but I'll read your scrap and stop in to say hey once in a while.
The more you try to silence me, the more I'm gaining ground.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Words: 299930
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Vanator on January 13th, 2014, 7:50 pm

Thanks guys. :) Jen knows how weird I am about scrapping, but I am trying to step out of the boat, not only in Miza, but in life. Gotta get over the idea that middle life is the end of life!

Jen, I do want to thread about those axes! And the forge, and hopefully more ideas I get. I totally get where you are coming from, finally. When I used to play table top DnD, I was the DM most of the time. Which was fine, I enjoyed it. But once in a while, I wanted to sit back and play, not have to come up with all the ideas, to let someone else weave the tale. You are the best to write with, dead serious honest and hands down. I say it all the time, you made me fall in love with RP writng. Its been my bad that I have sat back and let you and everyone else take the lead, and not come looking for you, or anyone else. That is what I want to do, to get that inspiration and feel for my character so I can come to you and draw Kavala, and the rest of you, into Van's plots.

I have been trying to write out thoughts on Van, just as a starting point to get my brain going. I have started twice and stopped, because I don't want to put rambling trains of thought into scrap. But I might, just bear with me, skip over them or whatever, I just think better when I see it in writing. :)
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caelum on January 13th, 2014, 8:24 pm

Mike, don’t be ashamed of rambling trains of plot thought. Seriously, it’s like the only thing I ever do. Lol. In fact, I’m about the write a scrap for myself that I doubt will make sense to anyone but me as I try to tie in all of the tangle of Caelum’s goals/plots/doings.

It’ll be a mess, and who cares? It’ll help me. So do you what do, dude.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Elsa Marin on January 13th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Punctuated and properly capitalized or not, spill your guts and you still get blood all over the floor. Rambling is practically what these threads are for. That, and gushing, ranting, geeking, squeaking, tomfoolery, and very specific kinds of shenanigans.

Surprised to see a pillar of the community only just now having one of these. I was under the impression scrapbooks were in vogue. Looking forward to stalking this.
now while he stands tough
notice that this man did not have his hands up
Elsa Marin
Player

Words: 36964
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Translucent on January 13th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Just posting to enable my ability to stalk this scrap and to declare my intentions of stalking. I kind of am excited to see Vanator ramblings.
Translucent
To be Translucent is to be Vulnerable.

Words: 187106
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 12:59 am
Race: Staff account

Next