Watching the World Go By

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Watching the World Go By

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on January 12th, 2014, 8:03 pm

The brightest splotch

Hello, and welcome to Neyasi/Punki's scrapbook!
Here, I'm going to be posting snippets of my real life, my brainstorming ideas for whatever, and maybe occasionally post the lyrics of songs I write. x3

Let's start with basic info.
Name; I suppose you could call me Elise, but, I really do prefer to be called Punki, which is my favorable online persona.
Age; I bluntly refuse. Sorry, guys, but I'm not comfortable revealing that kind of thing.
Location; Lovely New England, United States of America, with its ever-changing weather patterns and violent Nor'easters.
Gender; I am a girl, thank you very much. I know very few guys who are willing to play girls, though a surprising amount of girls willing to play guys.
Sexuality; I'm bisexual. And I'm okay with that. x3
Favorite Color; Aquamarine. x3 But I look better in black.
Favorite Book(s); Hyeh... I like to read Warriors, the Dresden Files, Harry Potter, I occasionally pick up Twilight for the heck of it, the new Divergent series, Dragonlance Chronicles, Lord of the Rings, perhaps Wings of Fire, Wolves of the Beyond, Eon+Eona, Little House on the Prairie, eh, shall I continue? x3
Favorite Music; Eh... That's a tough question. Well, I've been known to listen to Goth Metal, Heavy Metal, Electronic Metal, Pop, Country Pop, even some oldies.
Favorite Music Artist(s); Gah. I cant' even decide who my favorite is anymore, so I'll give you a list. Within Temptation, The Letter Black, Skillet, Three Days Grace, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Andrew Ripp, Beyonce, Delain, Flyleaf, Nightwish, Usher, Groove Coverage, Blackmore's Night, and Avril Lavigne.
Favorite Song(s); It changes, but, I think, the ones I can honestly say I will never stop liking is Rock N Roll, by Avril Lavigne; I see You, by Leona Louis; Demons, by Imagine Dragons; And Morning Star, by Blackmore's Night.
Favorite TV Show; Hgneh. I'm glad you asked. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. <3
Favorite Movie; I have to decide, don't I? Alright. It's either Priest, James Cameron's Avatar, or Underworld. (Notthesecondoneew.)
PC List; Right now? Just Neyasi. I'm going to make a guy sooner or later, so, be calm, good people.
Interest(s); Well, I enjoy reading, a lot, as well as web design and coding, though I'm still learning that. I also like to write. Write what? Anything that suits my fancy. Song lyrics, poetry, stories, the works.
IQ; My IQ has been averaged to a range between 108-124. c: I have yet to find a good test that gives me the exact number, so.

For my first brainstorming session, I wonder, what if I tried to pull together some kind of 'Dream Team', like, traveling companions that would go with Neyasi wherever she decided to go? Well, they couldn't just be wandering around Mizahar because Neyasi tells them to, obviously, but, maybe I could possibly devise some kind of reason for them to band together? Like, four-five people, tops, including Neyasi. Like... in pursuit of some kind of... Secret organization that's plotting the next cataclysm or something? I don't know, I'm coming up with this as I go. Although, this would make a great story plotline. /Jotting down notes Oh, wait! I know! No, wait, I don't. Yes I do! No I don't. This is a very slippery train of thought here. Yes! I've got it! They band together to find, like, some kind of secret location of some secret thing...
See, I know what I'm doing.

of color among the grey.
Neyasi Tillandsia
Watch out for the spider on the wall...

Words: 43410
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2014, 12:52 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Watching the World Go By

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on January 17th, 2014, 9:47 pm

The brightest splotch

So today, I was thinking...
Well, actually, truth be told, I've been thinking for the past few days, and have simply neglected to post about it on here. /Shot
I realized that I'm possibly one of the most mature people in my school. And considering that there's over 230-something of us in my grade alone, that is saying something.
Even my best friend doesn't really understand me sometimes. And I wonder if it would be so bad to be a normal person, at least for my age group, which is kind of young compared to most of you older geeks. (Don't deny it. If you're even on here, you must be a geek. Just don't be one of those geeks that makes out like their role playing lives are their real lives.) And then I take a look at some of the stuff (Want to use a much more vulgar word there.) that goes down in my school.
I'm not even going to go into details, it's all just... Wooow. Best explanation there is. x3

I was trying to talk to my best friend about something as serious as sexuality, or sex-change, the other day, and she told me, and I quote, 'I know, I know, I watch Jerry Springer!' At this, I distinctly remember tilting my head, and asking, 'I'm not sure what that is, but, how does a TV show teach you what a transvestite actually is?'
I love her dearly, but honestly...

So I've started writing a story. I'm not going to call it a book, because a book is something you publish and sell. I wouldn't mind if that happened, but the chances are incredibly few, so I'm just going to call it a story. It is fantasy. And before I launch into it, I want to at least write up the references. It's been three-four days, and, I've only gotten past their concept of time, and half-finished a few races. This is going to take some time.
(P.S., if you have ideas for original races, as in non-stereotypical, I'd love some ideas. c:)

And I daresay that's about all I have for today. Goodbye, children!

of color among the grey.
Neyasi Tillandsia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Watching the World Go By

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on January 19th, 2014, 9:52 pm

The brightest splotch

So I have an extra-long weekend this week. Four days, to be precise. Hurray for me. I'm so not going to want to go back to school on Wednesday. But who ever does?

I started learning how to speak HTML! So today I started tinkering with HyperText Markup Language and Cascading Style Sheets, or HTML and CSS for those of you who dislike mouthfuls. It's actually a lot simpler than most people would imagine- Then again, I've already had a ton of practice with CSS-based coding, and I'm not entirely unfamiliar with HTML coding to begin with. So that might just be my opinion alone.

To top that off, I wrote a new song!

of color among the grey.
Neyasi Tillandsia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Watching the World Go By

Postby Skerry on January 19th, 2014, 10:22 pm

e
HTML actually isn't too bad, I know because I started learning it one day when I should have been studying. :P Totally inexperienced in its usage prior to that. I didn't know what it was to be perfectly honest. CSS... yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and say that I'm totally clueless. I've come across the letters but haven't the foggiest idea what it actually is :|

As for what you said previously about sexuality... There are some people that really haven't a clue what they're talking about but they think that they do. College is great for finding people who actually know what they're on about. I was lucky in my choice of friends though in secondary school. People who understand what you're saying or if they don't, they'll listen to try to understand. I prefer college though.

e
Skerry
The Volatile One

Words: 121644
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2013, 10:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Watching the World Go By

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on January 19th, 2014, 10:44 pm

The brightest splotch

CSS is a bit hard to explain, but, basically, it just stylizes your HTML. Like, whenever you use the BBC style code for post templates, that's basically CSS-made-forum-friendly. You can add CSS to HTML tags to change the colors, the borders, and a bunch of other stuff. I only have CSS experience because the site before Mizahar used a CSS-based forum mod for post coding that only used CSS-based coding, so it's pretty easy for me.

Well, my not even being in high school would probably make it very difficult for most people my age to really get in-depth about sexuality. There is only one other person I know who really gets it, and only because she's bisexual, too. Other kids? 'Oh, he likes guys. He's gay.' That's about all they understand. Or, 'He's gay? Ew!' That really gets on my nerves. But personally, I'm in no rush to get into college.

of color among the grey.
Neyasi Tillandsia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Watching the World Go By

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on January 21st, 2014, 3:02 am

The brightest splotch

Today was rather unordinary.

I sat around on my arse, watching Markiplier, eating pretzels and pasta and peanut butter crackers, and chit-a-chatting in chat with the passerby. Lazy lazy day, it was, truly.

I also got to contemplate some serious things, though. For instance; What is it about 'collaborative storytelling' that makes us like it so much? Well, in a wise-sage move that not even I predicted, I pretty much came up with the answer.

"(20:45:27) Neyasi_Tillandsia: Well, there's only so much you can do with a computer program for role playing. The good stuff happens in our heads, and the only way we can get it out is in writing."

I seriously think I nailed that one.
I mean, the human mind is quite possibly the most powerful thing in the whole petching universe, and we only use a tenth of it. Computers? There's only so much computer games like WoW, LotRO, and DCUO can do. And it takes so much time and effort to make that stuff.
But when it's in your head? A world only you can imagine, in milliseconds. Most people take it for granted. But you really shouldn't. There are no boundaries on the imagination. With collaborative storytelling, we determine how that world looks and feels, and how it's shaped. Stuff like WoW? Somebody does it for us. A computer.
And one day, in the far future, we will have technology that puts those worlds only we can make on a screen. But until then? Let pen and paper, keyboard and post, show what goes on in our heads.

Of course, there are some people whose heads no one wants to see the inside of. Example? The dolts I go to school with. Or possibly Edgar Allan Poe.

I also got myself quoted in the Chat Quotes twice today. Feeling pretty proud, 'specially of the second one.

(18:47:51) Neyasi_Tillandsia: Well, if the keyboard gives you trouble, do what I do; Smack it around with a dead fish, befpre throwing against a wall. And if that doesn't work, shove it into a trash can. It'll bounce back magically and start working again.

Well, now I want to go write a poem about one person's imagination. To the blogs! And until next time.

of color among the grey.
Neyasi Tillandsia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Watching the World Go By

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on February 9th, 2014, 10:03 pm

The brightest splotch

So I have been so super sick for the past few weeks. I mean, I've been in and out of school, but still, I've felt plain crummy.

This Wednesday, it snowed like super crazy, so I put on my gear and took my brother outside. We made a couple of snow angels, and tromped around, before we started piling snow, and jumping in it. I jumped in his pile, and lay there for a minute or so, before he started piling on top of me. In somewhere between fifteen minutes and half an hour, I was completely buried in snow, all except for, well, my face. I lost all feeling in my fingers and toes. We got pictures, but my mom hasn't sent them to me yet, so I can't show anyone my awesomesauce living snow-woman. :P (Though it's technically my brother's.)

On the other hand, I've started getting back into writing stories, and seem to be getting lots of encouragement from friends around the internet. (It's not like any of my irl friends would ever give a damn about what I write.)
A little history about me and writing, I basically started in fifth grade, because someone else wanted to do it, and I, being the stubborn little girl that I was and still am, decided to do it too. It turned out to be lots of fun, so I continued to write, though the plotlines were always jumbled, and I wasn't incredibly original, but hey, it was a start.
So yeah, here I am, trying again, and doing considerably better than when I was in fifth grade. :P

of color among the grey.
Neyasi Tillandsia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes