Hey! Look! Listen!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hey! Look! Listen!

Postby Dale Ivory on January 22nd, 2014, 6:20 am

Hey everyone!

My name is Mark and I'm completely new to play-by-post. I love to write and have been writing novelettas for years, though I think now it's time for me to get some practice with fellow writers, and have my writing actually see the light of day. I've been writing since the age of 14, and haven't found any reason to stop my passion. I'm currently getting my bachelors degree in Sociology with a minor in Philosophy, and I'm also interested in the fields of communication and psychology.

I found Mizahar through a friend that had to leave the site a while ago due to issues in the home, but he highly recommended it to me, and this is my first step here after having him bug me for half a month to hop on! I'm minorly informed about the lore, having heard a few scattered mini-lectures from my friend, but hopefully there's enough info on here so that I can find my way about. Your lore selection seems enormous...it's gonna take me ages to read it all!

I like to write about action, adventure and mystery, and I absolutely adore any situation that causes character development. I have to say I'm really impressed with the sheer number of people you have here, and I'm sure there are some great writers that can help me kick my butt into gear and become a better writer!

The only thing I can really say needs improvement from my end is that some of the skills have a very minimal description while others have a full-blown article. Getting more of those fleshed out would be something I'd like to see happen, and I'd love to help once I'm familiar enough with the setting.

Feel free to ask me any questions! I will be happy to answer.

Mark H.
Dale Ivory
Zeltiva's Swiftest Messenger

Words: 8252
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2014, 6:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Hey! Look! Listen!

Postby Traverse on January 22nd, 2014, 2:36 pm

Welcome Mark/ Dale, and hello!

There is seemingly too much lore to handle, but it sounds like you're just the sort of person enthusiastic enough to pore through it all, so I think you'll fit in well here.

Also I completely adore the actor whose image you chose as your avatar.

Hope you enjoy Miz as much as your friend thought you would!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Hey! Look! Listen!

Postby Dale Ivory on January 23rd, 2014, 6:23 am

Thanks! Haha, he is great. Do you know him from Misfits, Game of Thrones or something else? He's one of my favorites...

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Dale Ivory
Zeltiva's Swiftest Messenger

Words: 8252
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2014, 6:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Hey! Look! Listen!

Postby Traverse on January 23rd, 2014, 2:20 pm

From Misfits, though I am excited to catch up with Game of Thrones and see him in it too...sort of...
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Hey! Look! Listen!

Postby Edric Wingard on January 23rd, 2014, 3:10 pm

Fabulous introduction.

Welcome to Mizahar, Mark.

In regards to your critique, I definitely have to agree. When you feel more comfortable, Miz always appreciates people's contributions to the Lore section of the site! Just create a Wiki account and you can begin assisting with fleshing out those sections.

Best of luck here. Hopefully I'll see you around chat, sometime.

- Ed

(:
Edric Wingard
Freedom Rider.

Words: 158380
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2013, 3:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dale Ivory on January 23rd, 2014, 6:14 pm

Thanks so much, Ed! See you around!
Dale Ivory