I'm kinda scared but... Hello.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Blake Alluria on February 17th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Well hello there, one and all! My name is Blake Alluria. I am new to this site, but not so new when it comes to roleplaying. Now I wouldn't call myself an expert because I know that I won't be able to write... At least to the caliber where everything I type gets a Like and comment of praise. And well, praise is good but it's not why I write.

But before I go on a tangent of why I am so interested in writing, I am gonna wrap this up with a smile :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this short introduction and I look forward to making a story and not just a story... A story that paints a picture so beautiful, it could make you cry.
Blake Alluria
Player

Words: 1320
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2014, 6:30 pm
Race: Human

Postby Noaru on February 17th, 2014, 9:14 pm

A marvelous and honest introduction, Blake Alluria!
Welcome to Mizahar: where many adventures await you.

The lore base is massive and ever expanding, its easy for one to get lost! If you need help and have a few questions just pop-up in chat and there will be many willing to help you.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Blake Alluria on February 18th, 2014, 2:02 am

So I've been told, good sir. Thank you very much and I look forward to writing with you some day.
Blake Alluria
Player

Postby Basek on February 18th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Hello Blake!

My primary advice, or what was relavent to me in roleplaying, is to keep chiseling away at your skills. Writing for fun will help you write more, and earn skills quicker, which will expand what you can write about.

Some cities may fit your character better. You should take the time and look at each city and take that city into account when making your character.

Sunberth has the most freedom, though it may be on the low end of grade times. Slowly changes will be made to alleviate grading issues as time goes on, I have noticed. You have to be patient when waiting for your experience.

And that is where you can find I, Basek of the Tiger Eyed. Wily snake-thief and child of Myri. I look forward to seeing you in Mizahar!
Basek
Retired Staff

Words: 18314
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2014, 1:37 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Blake Alluria on February 18th, 2014, 10:38 pm

My primary advice, or what was relevant to me in roleplaying, is to keep chiseling away at your skills. Writing for fun will help you write more, and earn skills quicker, which will expand what you can write about.

I've heard these words in many versions, and what I say to some people is "If you don't enjoy it, then try something else!"

All in all, thank you for your comment and I look forward to writing with you someday, Basek.
Blake Alluria
Player

Postby Lysaea Frostfawn on February 19th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Hi Blake! I'm actually about the same as you when it comes to RPing; I'm not new to it but I'm not the best or even that great. I can't say I have anything better to say when it comes to giving advice due to the fact that I joined just the end of last month and is thus still powering through all the lore. However, I just wanted to say, welcome to Mizahar! If you ever have a PC in Riverfall, than feel free to ask to RP with me :) I'd be happy to oblige!
Lysaea Frostfawn
Player

Words: 68197
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Blake Alluria on February 19th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Well thank you so much. I would enjoy that greatly.
Blake Alluria
Player