Room for one more?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Room for one more?

Postby Shijara on February 28th, 2014, 7:18 pm

1. Name - Well, feel free to call me Mocha. I know that may sound strange, but I go by that username (or slight variations) on other rp sites. It started off being a joke between my friends and I, as I am half Hispanic, so my skin is slightly darker, but I suppose that doesn't matter. Just some background info for ya.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?

I've been rping since December 2008 officially, and have written quite a few topics. I wish I could say everything under the sun, but alas, I cannot. I have written a plethora of genres, 1 x 1's, groups, sexy scenes, loss, you name it.

3. How did you find us?

Google, like many.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?

Origianl, play-by-post. Basically this stuff right here. I'm flexible on which tense I use, but traditionally stick to third person, past tense.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I love writing anything that furthers my characters development or gets me to discover a side of them I haven't had a chance to before. Since Shijara (pronounced Shi-har-ah) is a completely new PC, anything from having an argument, to falling in love, to losing someone, or making a friend would be fun. She's essentially only lived in the desert, and knows nothing of the outside world, which leaves for great possibilities. What I don't like to write about... hmm... I don't know. I think I've had enough tavern scenes lately. Unless were questing, or we have a purpose in mind, I'm kind of tired of the same old stuff.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
The creativity level. Seeing what others have come up with gives me a ton of inspiration and excites me. Also seeing how their characters have changed, or grown up is lovely.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
Timestamping. I see its importance, but I'll have to figure out the system sooner than later. With grandfathered threads, and new seasons, and stuff, it'll be interesting to figure out.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
A sense of completion. I want to one day leave (or not leave) Mizahar knowing that I told Shijara's story the best I could. That we had a good run, lived a full life, and that we tried our best. I want friends and long term role play buddies. I want people to share emotions with. I want our characters to become friends, enemies, lovers, whatever. I want there to be a connection that will remain within me long after my time on the site.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Um, I'm very new, so I'm positive there are things I just haven't discovered, but if there is a page talking about how long it would take to travel between cities by foot or horse would be useful in planning a realistic time stamp.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?

My character, of course! I've finished her CS, but I'm not sure how her personality will grow and turn out. I originally imagined a curious Chaktawe, good at heart and nothing but a budding artist full of hope. But the more I look at her, the more mischief I see in her. Sarcastic and full of dark humor. I think I would like for her to mold into that, or find a way to fit it in to her story. Also, I'm completely open to threading. Let me know if you're interested.
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Room for one more?

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 28th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Hello there Shijara and welcome to Mizahar!

Its always nice to see more Chaktawe around, they are a rich race and not many play them but they certainly appear fun! I hope you have a lot of fun in your time here and make many friends, weaving an awesome story along the way. If you are looking to get outside the comfort zone then this is definitely the place to do it.

As for timestamping, I can help you here. A time stamp is placed upon the first post of every thread, its on the date that you want your thread to take place in within the season. Time on Mizahar is fluid within the current season so your time stamp can be on any date you might want for that season. So say I was having a thread about taking a stroll down a place call Memory Lane, and its during the Spring season and I want it to take place on the 7th of that season in the year 514 after the Valterrian. My timestamp would then be 7th of Spring, 514 AV.

As for Travel Times there is indeed a page on the, it can be found here. Hope I was able to help and if you need any more questions answered my inbox is forever open. Welcome again. :)
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Room for one more?

Postby Shijara on March 3rd, 2014, 12:16 am

Thank you very much, Annalisa. I know I'm late, but I wanted to thank you for the greetings. It always means a lot to me when people say hi in any introduction thread I do. The info you provided was also very helpful and I appreciate it.

I really do enjoy playing Shijara. I'm just beginning to get her started in the world of Mizahar, but already she's learning a lot and getting funny looks because of her eyes. lol Anyway, I'll catch you around. Thanks again!
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes