Best Quote From Your Character?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Reven Heath on March 6th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Hello, hello!

So I thought I'd take a little break from writing to chat here, with you all! One habit of mine is reading quotes. I absolutely adore quotes and I was wondering what is your best quote from your character? It doesn't need to be dialogue either. I'm sure there's a lot so list as many as you want!

Here are some of my favorite!
Secret :
"People learn their mistakes in their own time, whether the realization comes about moments after or many seasons down the road. Sometimes, that thought alone gives me comfort at night." - Reven at The Glass Gull

"To me, it's not about that. Finding someone to be with... It's about... listening to your heart when your mind protests... moving forward when everything tells you not to or simply doing want your instincts tell you to do, without hesitation, with the intent to love, care, and protect them everyday of your life..."
- Reven at The Glass Gull

"Reven! If it isn't my favorite Kelvic! How are you?" - Karlak and his boisterous, familiar greeting.

"Besides, I need you to go eat anyone who remotely looks at him like hes lunch. You know how the women of Riverfall are." Groaning softly, the Kelvic pushed her hand into her brown tresses. "Kavala, you realize I am one of those women." - Reven and Kavala shopping for the Ball.

Alright! Let me hear them!!
Last edited by Reven Heath on March 6th, 2014, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Words: 213556
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on March 6th, 2014, 10:09 pm

This thread is epic in the making, pardon some of the bad storytelling--hidden behind these words.

“ Ron, there comes a time when two souls must fight
with their all: another will rise—the other will fall. Although,
there is a loss in this struggle both come to understand the weight
of their actions and outcomes. Ron, will you rise or fall? ”
-[The Haunted Falls]...Opaque

“A voice that breaches the silence—disturbs those at rest.”
-First Turn Left And Then...

“Welcome to the lake of still waters and the mountains that encompasses it.”-We'll Negotiate, Under This Moonlit Horizon

“ Flower, young flower; you listen to the plea of an angry spirit so quietly, telling you how he misses the days of old when things were much simpler for him and how he was truly at peace. I wish to tell you a story; one about myself back when I was younger, my precious memories that I have shared with no one will be known and given to only you...my silent listener. ”
-Those Things that Never Change

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Reven Heath on March 6th, 2014, 10:32 pm

Noaru, those quotes are great! I especially love the last one, it's so sad! :(

Here's a quote of mine from a dreamscape!

"Why would I be so blue? You know me better than that, don't you? I've journeyed far and soon I must go but what is it you want me to know? I wouldn't mind a sit with you, the time we share is far and few. So speak, I say speak! Before the end of time, we meet!" - Reven rhyming in her dreams.

Rhyming is like candy to me, I can't get enough of it! <-- Cheesy hahahah.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Adi Skyglow on March 6th, 2014, 10:39 pm

These are without a doubt hilarious. I don't have enough material right now to have said anything truly funny, but I'll post back here when I get something.

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Words: 111753
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on March 6th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Alright you asked for them. These pretty much sum of Kel in a neat little package, haha.

“What are me eyes lookin at?! A Svefra who can’t drink! Scandal! Treachery! THERR ONLY ONE WAY TO DEAL WIT THUS. WE NEED MORE ALE.” - Drunken Kel

“ADDY! FOCSU. That mahn be stealin’ yerh woman! You need to take her! Have yer way wiht her! FIGHT em Addy! FIGHT fehr yer woman!” - Drunken Kel

“Who invented this blasted language, it’s petchin’ annoying...Oooooo, look at me, I’m so amazing. Worship me, I can read…” - Irritated Kel

“Jenkins you backstabbing giblet! You weren’t coming back because you missed me! You were trying to escape these crazy lady! Gimme that treat back.” - Conversation with Sea Otter

“By Laviku’s beard! If you don’t give it back I will skin your petching pelt off and make a pillow out of it.” - Threatening Jenkins

“Jenkies…I think soooomeone put something in ma’ drink…thaat’s not wahter…” - Drunken Kel

“Well, well, well! Here have us a Fratava speaking human. Yehr' accent so thick I think yeh' have a guppy for a tongue.” - Drunken Kel

“Shyke, I didn’t sleep with yer’ mother. Don’t give me that look, woman. Do yer’ job and give us a round of drinks! Old friends meet again!” - Slightly Drunken Kel

“Hello lady. I accept yer’ apology. Yeh’ were incredibly rude. Unhospitable. Vile even. But I will accept these drinks as a peace offering from yeh’.” Drunken Kel

“Bahh never apologize. Why be ashamed of what you think? Not saying it is as good as a lie.” - Kel

Kel Tempest
Alleged Criminal // Racketeer

Words: 268903
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2014, 8:50 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Annalisa Marin on March 6th, 2014, 10:46 pm

This looks like a fun thread! Hmm... I have a few I'm really happy with in regards to Anna. Most of them are as longwinded as she is. ;)

"Fel, lets remember that we are alive shall we? Let the Nuit continue in their lonely existence, we still have blood in our veins and fire in our hearts. If you learn nothing else from me, my dear, learn this. What separates us from the undead is our passions, as long as you never lose that you'll have beaten Sahova. Take that from one who has lost much of her passions to the island." - From New Lessons

"You have seen what I am capable of here today. I will succeed, Master Councilor, the others before me lacked motivation, bloody minded determination, or even the talent. I am lacking for none. Something you will soon discover is I'm a rather results driven individual, I get results no matter the sacrifice." - From Board Exams

“It is not my place to claim to know the will of the Defiler or to expect reward for my service to him. As easily as he gives he can take away, if my death would please him more than my life then that is to be my fate, Myrian. To be so hubristic to expect praise from him for my tasks in this mortal realm would be folly and heresy of the highest order.” - From A Walk Through The Guantlet
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Reven Heath on March 6th, 2014, 11:01 pm

These are all fantastic guys! Kel, hahah. Too funny. Drunk a lot, huh? Anna, I love your writing! You should post some more. :D And Toast, don't worry, when you start getting Adi into threads, the inspiration will come and you'll have a mess of lovely quotes to pick from.

One quote that's my absolute favorite, by far, is this:

"Thinking about the bond was like peering out past a cliff overlooking the sea where on the horizon, lay giant, bellowing clouds of a storm. When that storm hit, and it would hit hard, it would throw the land into disarray for a short while. The rain would change the ground, the wind would knock down structures, and the storm would crash so violently into the land, the alteration would be noticeable. However, the storm would have swept away the old, rotted dirt in exchange for new healthy soil where grass could grow greener than before. It would have knocked down structures so that new, stronger foundation could be built upon to withstand any gale. It was a catalyst in the rebirth of the land. Thinking about the bond was seeing this storm ahead, anticipating its arrival, knowing that it could shake the very foundation of her being and yet, being able to look forward to it. It was terrifying and thrilling, balled into one emotion thrashing around inside her lonely heart."

It's long but I love it!
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Adi Skyglow on March 8th, 2014, 6:48 pm

So I've finally said some things worth putting here. How are these?

...but if she'd cared to strip off her shirt and conduct her daily business half-nude, she'd be stopped for questioning and probably sent to an Auristics mage for a thorough examination.

The response Adi received almost made her need to hurry to find undergarments immediately-it was a glare that, if looks could kill, would have sent her immediately to Dira's clutches.

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Words: 111753
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on March 8th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Oh! This thread looks fun! :D Maybe I'll share a few ethereal gems from my phantom girl as well.

"This is me... this is you... and we will be a happy family, Mommy, But if you lie to me again... we'll have a problem." - Kouri to Annalisa Marin in Treachery

"Oh... you grew up, huh? I wonder though, whether I will ever grow up, Mommy said I should be a woman soon, but after all this time, I think I'm still a girl, don't you think so?" - Kouri to Thomas Cosa in The Color Dead

"What do I want? Oh, little princess, I want you to wake up, wake up and continue the fun games we've been doing! See? I know you like it, so... Waaake up~" - Kouri to herself in Fetch, Girl, Fetch!

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Stefan on March 8th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Hey, why not? I could try! These are just some of the ones in the thread Waking Under the Black Flag.

“Wait! Do you really think that’s the history? Oh no, the real story is much more interesting... but I can’t tell you the history right now... being mortally wounded affects creativity, you know.”

“Kid, I’ll be many things... but on top of it, I’m a bard. My job is to make mundane tales interesting, and making interesting tales really interesting.”

“I’ll work it out. I always do.”

“ [I swam] Once, and it wasn’t swimming as much as getting shot by an arrow and falling on a river. It wasn’t pleasant.”

“Oh, my dear...” Replied Stefan, with a smile of his own “You say you didn’t sleep, yet you look fresh and rested, like a majestic sea creature... and I can bet you moan like one...”

I ran, far away, and never did I stop
Bloodied and almost dead, I fainted right here
So there’s my history, I hope you liked it
Now is up to you to discover if I lied or not!”
Stefan
Player

Words: 185497
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2013, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook