OOC Info Zeltivan Quest Sign Ups (Spring)

If you are interested in joining one of quests in Zeltiva this Spring look here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Zeltivan Quest Sign Ups (Spring)

Postby Eldritch on March 11th, 2014, 4:20 am

Quests!

Greetings all denizens of Zeltiva, Eldritch here with a fantastic offer. Have you wanted to take part in a little slice of Zeltivan history? Make your mark and maybe even get some recognition or reward in the city? To stand out among your peers? Well in that case I've got some special offers just for you, in the form of two quests this season! Now its not like I did it because I like you or anything... stop staring at me like that! *blushes*

Anyway, silliness aside allow me to tell you how I run quests. I'm of the mindset to believe that without risk there is no rewards, so yes, it is possibly that your PC could die if they do something stupid in thread. They might be maimed, or horribly mentally scarred. However those that rise above adversity will find themselves better off for it in the end. Or, they ya know, die. :p

So, let me lay down the kind of posts and information to leave here. You should lay out what skills your PC brings to the table, what equipment they will bring with them in thread, and what perhaps you are looking to get out of the journey. Those that say 'god-killing sword' will be summarily tossed into Matthews Bay. Also, don't shy away if you have zero combat skills! A good quest needs a healer right? A medic? Maybe some comic relief foil that gets on everyone's nerves? You never know what might come in handy, so don't feel like you'd be useless if you don't have sixteen master weapon skills or are some big wig master wizard.

Asylum Breakout: The Scholars Asylum in the University has experienced a massive break out and a number of dangerous Wizards have been unleashed on the general public. The Wave Guard are attempting to round up the dangerous prisoners, and they are calling for assistance in dealing with the ringleader. 15th of Spring. (4 PC limit)

The Labyrinth of Time: A final expedition to the Labyrinth of Time, a ruin in the Ancient Quarter, has been called for and the call has been sent out for brave souls willing to traverse into its depths to gather what they can. The danger is said to be great, and who knows what dangers lurk within the halls of this Pre-Valterrian ruin? 70th of Spring. (5 PC limit)- Ariann, Ricky, Gwin, Yuri, and Ethan. Limit reached.
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ariann on March 11th, 2014, 4:59 am

Well, I guess Ariannaliese will be going into the Labyrinth... let's hope sushi is not on the menu.

Role:
Healer

Applicable Skills:
Gnosis Mark - Healing
Medicine - 32 Competent
Reimancy - 13 Novice

Inventory:
All Ariann has, really, is her medicine supplies.

Note: I really hope I don't regret this :(
Last edited by Ariann on March 11th, 2014, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on March 11th, 2014, 5:05 am

Ricky Maze here ready to prove himself a Wave Guard his city can rely on! Though being trained to dramatically improve, hopefully, the following skills are what he can bring to the table along with this inventory. He's available for the Expedition. Update: He'll be helping with the Asylum Breakout.

Role: Wave Guard

Skills:
Longsword 44
Shield 7
Investigation 18
Observation 97
Shielding 8
Interrogation 33

Inventory Includes:
Iron Longsword
Silver Longsword (Provided upon promotion)
Wave Guard Shield
Wave Guard Uniform (If this proves useful by chance)
An old waterskin (if it proves useful)

That about sums it up. He's better as moral support for now but in time he will be ready for hardcore action, for now though however you deem him worthy in terms of a role is fine... just don't slaughter him so badly.

EDIT: Realized I left this part out as well. Anways what I hope for Ricky to gain is another story to tell as his child grows, maybe a bit of reputation behind him in turn depending on how things go, most importantly though an important chance to provide hope in the event those around him fall into despair. He's kind of the protective one when it comes to danger within his home after all.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on April 4th, 2014, 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gwin on March 11th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Ooh, shiny quests!

I think Gwin would be better suited for the expedition to the Labyrinth of Time. She has no combat or magic skills whatsoever, but I guess dealing with mad wizards requires a little more of that than a labyrinth (which probably has riddles and such too?). So I'm not sure about the role an Akvatari could take, maybe a scout due to her flying ability or just a mind prone to planning and overthinking things.

Skills (probably useless, but since you asked):
Drawing – 10 xp
Music composition – 20 xp
Singing - 1 xp
Violin – 32 xp

Inventory of note:
violin of light wood & water-proof case
metal flute & water-proof case
waterskin

What I hope to get out of it? Knowledge of what the labyrinth really is (inspiration for the composer!) and loot... if applicable.
Gwin
Guerilla Minstrel

Words: 144602
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2011, 2:12 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Yuri Lehrer on March 12th, 2014, 2:20 am

Quest? Count Yuri in :D

After all what use is an honourable Mercenary who doesn't go on a Quest every now and again? Joking aside, I would like to see if Yuri can join the Quest to the Labyrinth as he can be a moral support and help out in a sword fight if neccesary.

Role: Mercenary & (possibly) Moral Support?

Skills Applicable to Quest:

Acrobatics 11 XP
Herbalism 10 XP
Sword, Broad 18 XP
Wilderness Survival? 10 XP
Observation 5 XP
(Although Pitiful) Planning 1 XP
Brawling 1 XP
Tactics 3 XP
Weapon: Dagger 1 XP
Intimidation 1 XP

Inventory to note:

1 x Set of Camoflage Armour
1 x Flint and Steel
1 x Large Tent (If needed)
2 x Torches
1 x Broadsword

What do I hope to get out of this Quest should I go on it? Some cool Lores, some knowledge for use at a later date and Shiny new XP points :)

P.S. Hopefully Yuri doesn't die or get mentally scarred and regret this.

Last edited by Yuri Lehrer on May 11th, 2014, 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
All thanks to Assilsa Curare for the signature.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Threads that need replies: 1/1 (1)
Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Words: 118678
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on March 12th, 2014, 3:19 am

Oh man..... quests. *starts to drool* Shiny weapons, XP, damsels in distress, arch villians! Wait a sec, I left Syliras because of the oppressive knighthood!

On a serious note, yes I would actually like to face off versus the insane mages, but sadly I won't be in Zeltiva to the 35th or so. So if there is room and my skills could be of use, I would like to join up the labyrinth quest.

Role: Scholar/guy who can lift a bunch of stuff!

Skills:
Body Building: 10
Endurance: 7
Glyphing: 5
Investigation: 3
Leadership: 3
Planning: 7
Running: 8 (Yeah that's right! I don't have to be fast just faster then the other guy!)
Shield: 3
Shielding: 16
Unarmed Combat: 12
Weapon (Spatha): 3

Inventory to note:
Full Set of Leather Armor (Already blood stained)
Small Steel Shield
Double Dagger
Sword Spatha
Bow and arrows
Boar Spear
Lots and Lots of healing poultices and herbs

What do I hope I get out of this quest... lots of xp, maybe a NPC?, a reputation in the city, and a little bit of money would be nice. If it must be something magickal... I would like a "artifact" that teaches a magic or a specific device that imparts a magical mystery/lesson to the person. It doesn't have to be huge but something like a lost technique for reimancy, shielding, glyphing, auristics, so on... just no leeching.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Eldritch on March 12th, 2014, 5:03 am

Right, I normally like to keep it to no more than 4 people per quest, however I'll make one exception this time for the Labyrinth one lol. So that brings the list of victims- I mean adventurers to Ariann, Ricky, Gwin, Yuri, and Ethan. That's it for the Labyrinth quest folks. Never fear though, people are still free to apply for the Break-out quest. :)
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ignotus Everto on March 17th, 2014, 12:01 am

Iggly-poo needs to keep his image up somehow, so why not pull a Putin and personally assist in apprehending some mad mages?

Role: Wizard/guy who can't lift much stuff at all, really.

Skills:

Reimancy 56

Hypnotism 84

Projection 8

Animation 11

Inventory to note:

Swooord caaane!: 1

Snazzy cloak: 1

Ego: 600 lbs.
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sinoa on March 17th, 2014, 5:52 am

changed my mind
Last edited by Sinoa on March 25th, 2014, 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on March 17th, 2014, 9:05 am

Ack! I was too focused on trying to finish my old threads and previous season's stuff that I didn't notice this sign up thread at all. Didn't expect quests to be out so early in the season too...:O

I actually have something planned for the riots but put me in for that anyway (I can shuffle my plans around as needed) That being said, I'd rather join in the expedition (cue Indy music to play with whip) so maybe put me as a reserve to join should anyone drop out? :D

Skills (at least the ones I think he'll more likely use):
  • Canesword: 65
  • Interrogation: 45
  • Intimidation: 32
  • Running: 26 (ditto to ideology above :P)
  • Stealth: 18
  • Whip: 13
  • Reimancy: 53
  • Hypnotism: 41

Inventory (is this final or can we still change them before joining the thread?):
  • Smokestick (never leave home without it kids)
  • Stinging smoke
  • Studded leather armor
  • Cards & dice (duh :P)
  • Whip (cue Indy music again)
  • Cold iron canesword(s)

Why would he join? To help his beloved hometown and gain some notorie-I mean fame of course!
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next