Greetings.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Greetings.

Postby Truethought on April 2nd, 2014, 9:24 am

Hello everyone,

You can call me Seth. I found this place through a friend who is also joining soon. Thought I would drop in and introduce myself, obviously. I am a freelance writer and game designer. I like games be they card games, roleplaying games, board games, tabletop games, LARPs or video games. I am a major anime fan, I marathon them whenever I have the chance. I like comics and all that jazz. All in all I am a total geek. But not sure what else to throw your way yet, feel free to ask questions.
Truethought
Player

Words: 2853
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2014, 8:37 am
Race: Zith

Greetings.

Postby Gossamer on April 2nd, 2014, 9:44 am

Welcome to Miz!

Please be sure to read our naming rules and policies. You definitely need some work on yours, even for a Zith.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Greetings.

Postby Truethought on April 2nd, 2014, 9:54 am

What is wrong with my name? I did read the rules and I also read how the Zith name themselves. They choose names they like the sound of or have meaning, I imagine this was not the name he originally chose but one he could choose later. It is one that has a very particular meaning for him. If it is the space, I can take that out, make it Truethought.
Truethought
Player

Greetings.

Postby Ball on April 2nd, 2014, 12:31 pm

Well truth be told the name is a bit much for a blood thirsty killer...
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Greetings.

Postby Truethought on April 2nd, 2014, 12:37 pm

Yes, but it fits the character. A maimed Zith that left the caverns beneath Castle Xy to escape the disdain of his people. He lives in the castle attempting to follow a path that controls his passions and urges, freeing him from their bondage. Believing that his way is the true path for his people, he named himself Truethought, as opposed to Truepath since he liked the way it sounded.
Truethought
Player

Greetings.

Postby Palla Frostfawn on April 2nd, 2014, 11:12 pm

Hey, I just thought I'd butt in here and try to help you out. I don't believe you can roleplay in Xy, as it is nowhere near being am open forum. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I also don't think Zith can just go against their ways. That's just how they are made, like kelvics can't not want to bond.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Greetings.

Postby Gossamer on April 2nd, 2014, 11:52 pm

First off... Xy isn't an open playable area. It's unfinished and a WIP.

Secondly, I wouldn't have mentioned your name being an issue if it was in fact fine. It is not. I pointed your CS out to the Zith's creator and he rolled his eyes and shook his head and sighed in that sad defeated way he does when something doesn't work.

Zith are bloodthirsty and not great intellectual thinkers. They are bestial and while still a player character race, aren't on the same scale as say humans are in terms of intelligence. Your whole character build is not something that's going to pass with a green check because of how much intellect you gave the PC. We encourage creativity here. But the problem is that it gets completely and utterly old that I don't like to shut down WIP PCs though especially if they are given a heads up in their intro and given a chance to make some corrections.

You might want to consider a better name and a more intellectual race if you want to play a great thinker PC. Zith just aren't capable of it. But again, that hasn't stopped numerous people from saying their zith were... you know, smarter, because they were raised human, taught more, forced to be smart, etc.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Greetings.

Postby Truethought on April 3rd, 2014, 6:22 pm

So, I just want to get this completely cleared up...

"They[The Zith] are as curious and quick learning as they are brutal and have a tendency to enslave those whom they do not eat. "

"As mentioned, Zith are driven by their instincts. However they do maintain some amount of humanity that grants them a unique curiosity and passion for learning and sometimes conflicts with their instinctual nature. They are quick learners and very adaptive which has led to a surprisingly fast psychological evolution among their race from wild beasts to calculating, focused hunters."

Yet the Zith are entirely incapable of intellectual pursuits? Specifically, a path that is a different way of thinking from the normal Zith merely following their instincts. Especially when that path was decided because it was following his instincts that led to him being maimed and shunned. So this just is not a possibility at all? Like the race does not have the ability to apply their thinking to the abstract? They are completely incapable of free will and are dominated entirely by the bestial nature?

I was not planning on making him extremely smart or anything of the sort, merely that his experiences led to him making decisions different from the norm of his race. I am even fine starting with him before he winds up on that path but it is the eventual goal.
Truethought
Player

Greetings.

Postby Ball on April 3rd, 2014, 6:46 pm

Heh, my suggestion TT: Don't argue with a Founder. ;)

As for Zith and the name/concept: I know very little about them to make comments other than this: Truethrough as a name... It is a bit too intelligent sounding for a blood thirsty beatial killer of a race, -nods-
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes