Open The Nitrozian Party (Closed)

A party at the Nitrozian place is always more than just a party.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Nitrozian Party (Closed)

Postby Amelia Cross on September 13th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Amelia tried to follow the events that unfolded around her, but having so many things to concentrate upon had notable effect. Her attention was being split between the chaotic calls of scared women, cowardly men and some brave know-it-alls that began calling out for conspiracy theories. The girl was lost and quite frankly, scared. Her eyes shooting back and forth, until a reassuring voice called to her, her father. She was happy to see that this mess wasn’t affecting him, and with a faint smile she followed his lead to where the man had attacked the head of the Nitrozian family.

The girl kept behind her father, sneaking a glance to see what was happening, who was doing what, but she saw that the attacker didn’t seem to interest her father, her father was eyes-pinned to the wound of the Nitrozian, with his appreciation of poison, he couldn’t help but wonder what was the substance used on the man. While Amelia, she was much more interested in the Lazarin who charged at the assassin. Sevris hadn’t managed to frighten Amelia in the past, but now, she seemed to finally gain the full image and understanding of the family. ”stay safe” she prayed in her mind, for her friend as she could see people stepping back from the two.

But he wasn’t the only one who tried to get to the man with the mission to kill. She had to admit, that it seemed like they were driven by fear of their own lives and like cornered rats attacked in response, even if to the Cross, it seemed like they would not be of interest to the man. She assumed an assassin would simply do their job and want to get things done without extra attention…what alone made her question the man. Who in the right mind would attack at a social event as huge as this? He is a mad man…

Dominick baked away some more to keep a safe distance, forcing Amelia to step backwards as well. By now you could see that there weren’t half as many people in the room as there were in the beginning of the event. It had lost all of its glitz and glamour. When she heard the call for assistance from Valerius, she overthought it for w brief moment and pulled towards him, only to be stopped by her father ”you are no hero, Amelia” words simple and close to the point. Her father was right, even if she did try to help, there was nothing she could do as her usefulness was limited to a pretty face that could shower compliments...

Hands trembling in fear she wouldn’t want to admit, words that reminded her of her own pathetic and useless self in this situation echoed through her mind. And the woman was reduced to observing the events unfold to the fullest and hopping that things don’t get worse.

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Verilian on September 25th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Things happened very quickly. Clyde and Valerius moved to help Sitanos, pulling the man from his seat and dragging him to safety. Though Clyde was not the most intimidating man, none moved to stop him.. probably due to the fact that they were still distracted by the fight on the table than due to the res that was floating around him. Most people would not be sure what that meant anyway. Trevinus was calling for healers, ignoring the fight entirely. That was what guards were for, after-all.

Those who looked on from afar could do little but watch as the scene unfolded. Sevris approached, his blades whirling, and the assassin knew that he could not fend off such a weapon with a dagger for long. It was not that he wasn't confident in his own ability, but if Sevris had any amount of skill the assassin would be at a severe disadvantage. He was not equipped for an all out fight, his tactics were originally intended to be subtle, or one might presume from the fact that he brought poison and daggers rather than coming fully equipped for a fight.

Before he could act in any sort of defensive manner toward Sevris an unexpected attack came from behind in the form of a chair. The wooden piece of furniture smashed into the assassin's legs, causing him to stumble forward. He even dropped his dagger. Surely he was finished.

As the shadow of Sevris closed over him, his blades sure to tear through the assassin's flesh, he vanished, sinking into the darkness of Sevris own shadow. The assassin reappeared on the far side of the room, nearest the exit, stepping from the shadow of the door. Raising his blade in salute to his opponents, the assassin turned and ran out of the room.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sevris on September 26th, 2013, 12:37 am

The look on his face was one of bewilderment. One moment he thought the battle was over before had even started. But a miracle happened right before his very eyes. The man seemingly melted into across Sevris's shadow.

He disappeared for a second. Then suddenly appeared towards the exit. He threw his weapon in the air as a salute, then fled the scene.

"That...snake-tailed coward." Sevris said through clinched teeth.

He looked towards the powerful mage he had just noticed was also invited. "Clyde! Come with me we may capture him!"

There was no time for conversing. The man had a strange ability to move within shadows. He could probably escape from them with such a power. Sevris jumped off the table and gave chase to the assailant. He would hunt him down.

Silently he prayed, My Lord and God. Give me guidance to capture your enemies. I fear that he may be favored to a lesser God.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Inoadar on September 26th, 2013, 2:01 am

"Sha-shadow's Shyke..." Inoadar stammered, perplexed over the sudden disappearance of the assailant. There were surprised calls from the other end of the hall, and the soldier on the table turned with a snarl about cowards. He then turned back, beckoning to a man near the victim to join him in pursuit, a man he named 'Clyde'.

Clyde appeared to be a mage, judging by the staff and the robes. Inoadar could only assume the would-be assassin had somehow turned up at the far end of the room. He knew little of magic. He figured he'd stay out of the path between the mage and the departing assassin. He had no idea what sort of power might flash across the room. If he'd had his blowgun, he might have managed to put a dart in the assassin's leg to slow him down. Then again, if he'd had his blowgun, he wouldn't have had to resort to throwing chairs to begin with.

He left that to them. There was someone else moving towards the injured man, calling for the knife to be removed. "Don't be a fool!" Inoadar hollered, "He'll only bleed out all the faster if you do. Touch nothing until a real healer arrives. Let me near, damn it. I need to see something." He worked his way near the Nitrozian patriarch, the other now man asking him if HE was a 'real healer', his tone conveying his indignation.

"No." Inoadar growled, "Nor am I a real idiot, now let me in. I may be able to tell something about what was on that blade." He was expecting to smell mint amongst the other odors. The color, consistency and effects of the liquid spilled on the blade indicated to him that Engeron Bane, a sleep agent, had been used. The minty smell would largely confirm this.
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on October 12th, 2013, 7:10 pm

Valerius did not like mages. In his experience most of them went insane before too long or ended up deformed and ugly. They had strange skills that he did not understand, and he was not sure if they could be trusted. As Clyde moved towards his grandfather, he tried harder to pull Sitanos away and looked for something – or somebody – that he could use to distract him. Since Clyde was a mage, he automatically assumed that he was in league with the enemy …

„Don’t you dare!“ he warned him. „The Ebonstryfe will come for you! Even your magic will not be able to protect you then!“ He allowed himself a moment to check if his grandfather was still breathing, if his heart was still beating before he turned back to the mage with his … he didn’t know what the ball that floated in the air in front of him was made of, but he was convinced that it was some kind of weapon. Only after a few moments did it occur to him that the mage mostly focused his attention on the assassin … but still …

He didn’t dare to remove the knife that was still stuck in his grandfather’s chest, out of fear that he would bleed to death. He had watched Doctor Alzelin operate on Kelvic, but he had never treated such wounds himself. All he could do was watch Sitanos and the assassin …

As the man disappeared only to reappear next to the door, the Nitrozian’s eyes widened, and then he screamed, „What are you waiting for? Follow him! He tried to murder the head of House Nitrozian! He must not get away! And get a healer!“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Inoadar on October 12th, 2013, 9:01 pm

'Something isn't right.' Inoadar had not yet been able to get close enough to confirm his suspicions, but other details began to strongly support them. A group of guards came rushing down from upstairs, looking toward the scene of the stabbing. Inoadar recognized a couple of them from his conversation upstairs. They were guards for the men in the meeting he had been expecting to find Mr. Barton attending. They had come rushing down when the trouble became loud enough to notice.

'Why would they come in full strength to see this development?' Inoadar thought. 'They have their OWN masters to protect. And if there is trouble afoot, it is all the more reason for them to remain UPstairs with their masters.' He could easily see the necessity of sending a single man down to get information of what was unfolding. But to send such a large group was to leave their own charges vulnerable.

'Unless they know who is behind this and are not worried that the aggression will extend to them as well.' There was only one reason why they would be sure of this that Inoadar could think of. The whole meeting may have been a security meeting for this very action. A way for all of them to keep tabs on each other while a select few monitored the success or failure of their scheme. They probably weren't ALL taking part. But even if they weren't directly involved, they had made arrangements to be out of the way of the efforts of whoever was.

'And now guards are rushing down to outnumber the citizens, while the few capable and loyal guards are being drawn away to pursue a man who made himself unnecessarily visible and easy to follow?' Something was rotten about this whole thing.

Inoadar knew he had no proof. He also knew he was an excessively suspicious man. But this was a trait that had always served him well. "NO!" he shouted, "DO NOT FOLLOW. DO NOT LEAVE THE VICTIM UNGUARDED!"
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 20th, 2013, 10:20 am

Almost in reaction to his surprise, Clyde sent a willed order to his ball of res floating above his head, and the outer layer burst into flames. It was his standard ready position, preparing to cast by coating it in fire ready to be cast off, and took little effort or concentration. He could then either spin it and launch off fragments of flame, or toss the entire globe of res as a fireball.

Seeing the assassin sink into the ground, and then pop out again, followed by making a gesture and departing... It was odd, and a bit disturbing. How the petch had he sank into the dark like that?

Clyde heard Sevris ask for him to come along and chase after the assassin, to which Clyde paused, taking in the other shouted words of people. So much going on so fast, surely 3 ticks to think and collect others input would not hurt...

However he was caught by surprise once more, as a vaguely familiar face came at him, yelling in some odd manner that seemed to imply Clyde was a villain of sorts, or in league with the assassin. Him? This puzzled Clyde greatly...

He tried to think of the mans name, but he knew they had met before, in a session explaining magic, in particular Magecrafting, to the man.

With flaming ball now above his head casting a flickering and shifting light of flames, Clyde stood his ground and glared at the man. He had learned in recent years how to glare, and how to come across as intimidating to a degree. He found it was mostly about looking imposing, raising your voice, and speaking with conviction and no allowance for yourself to not be right. For if you did not believe, no one else would.

"Silence you fool, I am protecting him! I am with the Stryfe, and we have met before nearly a year ago, in your own home no less!"

Before Clyde could do anything else, a voice yelled out, "NO! DO NOT FOLLOW. DO NOT LEAVE THE VICTIM UNGUARDED!"

Clyde paused, looked back, and thought things through logically. Going after the attacker would allow him to catch that one man... But staying meant he could ward off any follow up attempts on the mans life. And with the one failed, it was possible more would come... Through a different line of reasoning than Inoadar, Clyde also reasoned it made sense to stay. Of course, he did not have all of the same information as him, so perhaps it was not odd he arrived at this same place by a different route.

"No Sevris, I will stay! He is right, other attackers might come, he should not be left unguarded. You go, he will be safe in my hands, you will not need to worry about anyone reaching him."

With that said and decided, Clyde planted his feet, sent another glare at the Nitrozian who thought he was in league with the attacker, and continued to look about the room for threats, his ball of flame floating above his head giving off its own light and heat as he stood watch over the injured Nitrozian, making it a bit harder to look right at Clyde. However since it was above his head, it did not hinder his own vision looking outward.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Abstract on April 5th, 2014, 1:30 pm

Grade Awarded!

~|-|~

Sevris

Award :
Skills

~ Observation – 1
~ Rhetoric – 1
~ Weapon: Double-Bladed Sword - 1

Lores

~ Attack At the Nitrozian Party!

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Elaine

Award :
Skills

~ Persuasion - 1

Lores

N/A

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Valerius

Award :
Skills

~ Socialization - 2

Lores

~ Catching up With Relatives

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Inoadar

Award :
Skills

~ Seduction – 1
~ Dancing – 1
~ Brawling – 1
~ Observation – 2
~ Medicine - 1

Lores

~ Alice: A Good Dancer
~ Identifying a Used Poison

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Clyde

Award :
Skills

~ Observation – 2
~ Socialization – 2
~ Logic - 1

Lores

~ Parties Are Awkward

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Notes

A crazy thread. Some skills and some lores to give, though! For those of you who are inactive, if you ever return, please PM me and I can give you your grade.
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous