Completed Hard Times

See how the relationship between Ricky and Natalie started to falter.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Hard Times

Postby Ricky Maze on February 26th, 2014, 4:57 am

Hard Times
Fall 68th 507 AV, 19th Bell

Their day was just fine. Peachy. That is until Ricky met Natalie’s parents for the first time, which in turn didn’t turn out the way he’d expected. Oh sure they loved Ricky well enough and thought him a fine candidate to look after Natalie, but for some reason Natalie remained rather quiet on the walk home. He’d spent his whole walk trying to figure out just what it was that angered her, that made her so upset as to give him the silent treatment the entire way home after such an amazing day seemed to start. As usual they would likely fight a little like they always did, then make up for it somehow when he found a way to keep her from staying angry with him. When they returned to the shack that he grew up in and found the comfort of his home, he had wasted no time in trying to press for her to say something. Even though all he got was rubbish in the beginning, he still had to get at the heart of what exactly caused her to be upset. "Yer upset ‘bout somethin’ now Oi can see it, was it somet’in Oi said earlier?" She’d paused and glared at him as though he were an idiot as they arrived at the door, just the answer Ricky needed to hint at the problem. "So it was, what did Oi say?" He raised his hands up in forfeit to her, hopeful that she’d likely give in and just tell him what her problem was.

"Believe me, you already know what you said." She spat out bitterly as she swung the door wide open with an aggressive strut inside, Ricky followed right behind her still lost at what she was getting at. Odis jumped from the sudden motion of the door but upon seeing the two the dog went back to snoozing on the carpet he called his bed, and sure enough the dog knew well that both were headed into another argument by the scent of the air around them.

"No actually, Oi don’t know what Oi said. Dat’s why Oi’m askin’ ya now love." He redirected to her as they walked down the hallway to the room they shared.

"Think about Ricky, just think for a moment what we talked about when we were with my mother!" Her voiced raised in aggravation as she’d started to unfasten the jacket around her, Ricky just stood in the doorway as the light bulb expression popped up upon the recollection of his memory. What they had talked about with her mother, that had to be the cause of all this?

"Ye serious? Ya pissed at me ‘caused we talked ‘bout a baby?"

"Not just a baby Rick! The baby that we can never have! You told her you were worried that it would be too stressful, and that you didn’t want to put me through that kind of ordeal. Remember now?!"

"Aye, dat Oi did cause it was de truth."

She brought her hands up to her face furiously as they brushed over her face and through her hair, anger in her eyes as she started to bark at him further. "You don’t get it do you? Telling my mother that you’d rather not put me through that is like you are saying that I don’t want to, that I don’t want to have a baby when clearly I do!"

He had to wrap his mind around that logic for a moment, the workings of Natalie’s mind clearly different than his. Honestly he could only wonder if all women were like this in some way, or if were only just Natalie that seemed to take things in different proportion. "Oi told ‘er dat we’ve not decided, but Oi didn’t wanna put ya t’rough dat stress!"

"Which makes it sound like we don’t want to have kids you numskull!"

"Now hold on," It was his turn to start getting irritated as his face began to flush a little, "Ye pissed dat Oi said dat we’re not sure or dat Oi said Oi dunno wanna ‘urt ya?"

"I’m pissed because you clearly don’t want a baby!"

"Oh is dat where dis is goin? Where we ‘ave two different conversations goin’ at once now?"

"Don’t you even go there Ricky Maze." She snapped at him in a frigid manner, Ricky merely brought his hands up in surrender with a bit of a smirk.

"Look if ‘avin’ a baby is what ya want den let’s go wit’ it."

Natalie’s jaw dropped as she looked at him like he were stupid, a sneer followed as she only shook her head in disbelief to what he just said. "You know we can’t if we’re going to live in a dump like this."

"Oh. So me home’s a dump now is it?"

"Oh shut up! You know what I mean Ricky!" She threw her jacket at him as she stormed into the hallway once more, headed for the small kitchen area where the hearth fire resided. "We can’t raise a baby in this condition. What the petch are we going to do about a nursery when it’s born huh? How would we take care of it when clearly taking care of ourselves is too difficult for you!" She’d went to one of the cabinets where Odis’ dried meat resided and tossed one onto the wooden planks next to him, the dog rolled his eyes as he lifted his head to sniff at it for a few moments. "We can’t just go about having children without a plan! We have to literally save up and prepare for-"

"Y’know what; Oi’m sorry. Okay? Now can we please just unwind f’r de night and pick up on dis tomorrow."

"You’re unbelievable!" She cried out bitterly. "Just go on ahead and run off, leave me be like you always do when you can’t seem to take my bitching like a man!"

"Oh is dat ‘ow it is den?!" He reiterated once again as he threw down her jacket on the sofa, quick to take one of her hands as he tried to get a point through her head. "Look now, Oi ‘ave what Oi want right ‘ere! It’s what yew want Oi’m havin’ such a damn ‘ard time tryin’ t’ figure out! An’ by de sound o’ it, it makes me t’ink ye want me t’ leave."

"Hah! There it is! You think I want you to leave when clearly I want you to do whatever the petch you petching want!" She snickered bitterly as she further fussed with a finger pointed to him.

"Oi wanna do what’ll make ya happy, if leavin’s what’ll do dat den by Gods Oi’ll do it if Oi ‘ave t’!"

"Fine!" She snapped as she stormed off once more to their room, Ricky already had his eyes to the front door as he redirected the word back to her. "You’re such an vagik Ricky Maze!"

"Oh well, kiss me arse!" He hollered back as the two slammed the doors one right after another, once Ricky had made it several feet outside he’d stopped in his tracks for a moment and waited just a chime for the argument to finally cool down.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Hard Times

Postby Ricky Maze on February 26th, 2014, 8:03 pm

Though it felt like it were an age to pass by Ricky managed to wait a chimes worth of time before he finally reentered his home with a sigh, both he and Natalie seemed to have calmed down for now and when he’d came back inside she too had left the bedroom to enter the hallway. Their eyes fell on one another and although he felt rather guilty for yet another argument, he still held a small but bearable smile on his sorry face as they faced one another again. "Are we done now?"

Natalie nodded quickly in regret, quick to run up to him as they both hugged one another closely. They were both sorry to one another, rather than the usual one sided argument they always had. In those arguments it was generally Ricky to be the sorry one, yet in this case they were both sincere to one another in their apology. "I’m so Ricky, I didn’t mean any of that nasty shyke I said."

"Oi know, an’ Oi’m sorry ‘bout walkin’ out on ya."

"Yeah, can we please not do that to one another." She pleaded sincerely as she looked into his eyes, his hands cupped around her cheeks as he looked deeply into hers.

"Oi’m in agreement dere, Oi would never walk out on ya if it meant losin’ ya." He reassured her with his forehead brought down to be gently placed against hers; the two of them remained that way for several chimes as he held her amorously. Even if they’d fought so much on and off they still loved one another, and they generally did well to make up for their fights after they’d both cooled down. Tonight though something felt different between the two of them, Ricky felt as though Natalie was getting a little bit distant with him.

This is why when they both had taken to lie down in bed a little while later he’d decided to bring it up, as he embraced her within his presence while they found comfort on the old worn bed. "Y’know off an’ on we seem… different." His whisper was a gentle one in her ear as his prickly chin rested on her shoulder. "Oi canny help but feel… like we’re apart even when we’re t’get’er." He confided with concern as she’d looked up to his face once more, the dark made it difficult to see but Ricky knew she focused right where his eyes would be.

"I know…" She admitted softly. "I know and I hate it. Mostly because it’s my fault really."

"’ey. It ain’t all yer fault now love, Oi’m doin’ me best t’ make an effort too."

"No Ricky… it’s because of me. I’m the one that’s going to ruin our relationship because… well, I’m dying." He grew silent there, unable to find any appropriate words to say. "You know it and I know it, one day I’m just going to stop living and no longer be a part of this. No matter what I want I can’t have it because I won’t live long enough for it, therefore don’t deserve it nor you for that matter."

"No! No, no! Don’t ya say dat Natalie,"

"Why not? It’s the truth is it not?"

"No. De truth is ye do deserve it." He reposed with a gentle kiss placed on her head. "Ye deserve all o’ it, all de happiness in de world. Life is just cruel an’ unfair t’ give it t’ ya."

Ricky could feel that her breathing picked up and a few quiet sad moans left her lips, and then he knew she’d began to weep. He knew she’d felt not just torn up but heartbroken about her condition, and how it was indeed cruel and unfair that she couldn’t have the things she really wanted. They were the same things Ricky wanted too. A home with a family. Although there wasn’t much of a home around him it still counted for something, and even if Natalie had her days numbered he still loved her all the same. The problem was the fact she couldn’t have the things she wanted, she could only hold onto what little she had as her life slipped through her fingers; and all Ricky could do was watch and try to keep her on her feet when it seemed like her entire world crashed down.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hard Times

Postby Ricky Maze on February 27th, 2014, 2:40 am

It was so sad for him to be unable to help her. Why? Because he had no means to bring her to good health, that and the condition she carried with her everyday didn’t seem to have any means of being healed. Meaning there was no hope for them. He knew it and she knew it was all just as well, that their relationship was just the same as her life. Limited in numbers. That’s what made it so hard to live life every day, to know that the next day was likely the last you’ll ever experience on this world. Time and time again Natalie sought to live like the day was her last, yet even up to now she would find herself ready to give in. Ready to let herself give up and go out with what treasured memories she had, and now that she had her time with Ricky she wanted more than anything, to live a life that was well beyond her means.

She didn’t deserve this… She deserved to live a longer healthier life with a man she chose to love, to settle down with him after they’d both lived on the edge for a time, and have one hell of an epic time raising her own children. Yet such a thing would never be given to her, and that upset Ricky greatly. He just wished there was something he could do while she cried, something to make her feel all the more better about living while she could. Surely not even that would help. Not when the reason for her sadness was caused by the one thing she had to look for, she was tired of it all now. Tired of counting each passing day, only to find that she still lived to see another follow along. Tired of carrying around that fear, that immense feeling waiting to overwhelm her. Natalie had always faced the immensity for a long time now, and though she fought it hard there were times when she just couldn’t handle it. Her fear of dying… that was something she constantly struggled with. Yet now, now all Ricky could do was nothing.

"Oi love yew." He whispered softly while in deep thought to her cries, Natalie didn’t say or do anything really but the words seemed to ease the tears just a little. "Oi know dere ain’t much Oi can do… Oi know dat it gets ‘arder an’ ‘arder. But f’r dat Oi love yew so, so very much now." He’d felt his heart grow heavier inside as the weight of sorrow started to pull into his stomach. "No matter what Oi do, Oi know Oi’ll never be able t’ make ya better. T’ change ‘ow t’ings will happen, which is why Oi ‘ave t’ say now dat wit’out ya… Oi’ll ne’r f’rget our time t’gether. Oi love yew Natalie an’ not’in ain’t gonna change it, no matter what Oi’ll always be ‘ere f’r ya e’ry step o’ de way."

His attempt to comfort her had turned more into a plea that waited to be recognized, as he started to fall apart as well while she listened to him. She was already aware of where this was going and had turned on her other side to face him, her index finger brought up to his lip as she shushed for him to quiet down. For a moment he remained silent as though he were devoid of life, but when Natalie placed a firm tear filled kiss on his cheek, he soon found himself on the start to feeling better again. "I love you too." She whispered back to him softly as she wiped the tears from his face with her thumbs, he did the same in turn with a sigh as he thought hard about how things could’ve been different for them. He wished they were. Had he not taken those leaps with her, or maybe not even bothered to walk along the shores that day. No. He didn’t regret those times even if it were painful to start reflecting upon them now; they were times where he started to feel happiness in his life once again. It would be the future he didn’t really look forward to, as he was unable to change the fact that the clock still counted the impending day.

Though he hated it and couldn’t fight it, Ricky could only give into what his heart told him. With Natalie the one to trying to put a stop to his pain, while holding her own at best, he found himself able to control his own tears once more. They both remained closely wrapped in each other’s embrace while they enjoyed the moments they shared together, a little bit of kissing soon to follow as the night soon faded to a blur for Ricky.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hard Times

Postby Xira Hezmek on April 11th, 2014, 2:24 am

Ricky Maze :
Skills Amount
Rhetoric +2
Planning +1

Lore
Natalie wishes for what she cant have
Natalie deserves better
Life is cruel
Natalie's fear of death
Babies: Trigger for an argument
Natalie: Dying Girlfriend

Additional Comments: If there are ANY lores that you would like to request, particularly "useful" lore, do not hesitate to PM me.

Please edit your post in the grade request thread to say "graded".

Did I forget a lore or skill? Did I make a mistake? Any questions or concerns feel free to PM me :)
Dear Graders: I collect location lore!
Xira Hezmek
Here's the mail it never fails.

Words: 227264
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)