[Help] New Player Help

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

[Help] New Player Help

Postby V'alen Dv'orn on May 18th, 2014, 5:39 pm

Hello there,

I'm in need of help with writing my character sheet. I think I have most of the details ready, but I am confused as to what to do with the lore section. I would also like help with how to start, if you would be so kind. Either way, if you have read this, please help.

Thank you very much,

V'alen Dv'orn

(Link to Character Sheet: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic48978.html )
V'alen Dv'orn
Player

Words: 4468
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2014, 4:20 pm
Race: Konti

[Help] New Player Help

Postby Alea Davenport on May 18th, 2014, 6:01 pm

A Lore is basically a piece of information that your character knows. You start out with two at character creation. The template you used offered some suggestions, so you just pick the two pieces of information you want your character to start off with, and delete the rest :)

(Other character sheet notes: Konti age slower than humans, so a 16-year-old konti would be much younger than a 16-year-old human. I think konti mature at around 30 years or so, but you can double-check the Konti page to be sure.

Also, for your languages, you can only have one in fluent, so you'll want to move either Common or Kontinese into the "Basic" category :) )

As for how to start, it looks like you're starting in Mura (the forum for which is here. You'll want to post in the character registry there. Then you just need to find people to thread with! (Or you could write solos, if you really wanted, but if you're like me you're here to write WITH people ;) ) There are a couple ways to go about this:
  • Start an open thread! Post a new topic with your character in the Mura forum with the "Open" tag, and let other people come to you! (Don't forget proper Timestamping on your post.)
  • Post in the matchmaking forum! (Or answer and existing matchmaking ad.)
  • Look through the character registry and send a PM (private message) to anyone there you think you might want to thread with! (The worst they can do is say no, right? ;) )

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also hop into the Chat where you will meet lots of friendly helpful people :D
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

[Help] New Player Help

Postby Aeris on May 18th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Another konti here, though I haven't rp'd waiting for my Gnosis.

Konti can get 1 mark for Healing or Divination from Rak'eli or Avalis. They also have a special gift ( able to feel emotions, for something. look at the examples on the race list ), and that needs to go to the help desk too. Mura is pretty desolate ( I think, it seems like it right now- so you might want to go to a more active area. Not forcing you or anything. ) :P

Lores- information, basically. Say you got Lore of Religion: Rak'eli, then your character would know what it is. You start in registering in one of the cities.

EDIT: Also, if you wnat a premade one slect all the code here:

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post236939.html#p236939
Aeris
the river comes, the river goes

Words: 1469
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:21 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[Help] New Player Help

Postby V'alen Dv'orn on May 18th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Hello there,

It's great to have got a reply! Thanks so much!

Alea Davenport:
This information was very useful. I have, firstly, changed my age to thirty, secondly, selected two lore(s) (History of Mura and the Opal Order) and, finally, changed Common to basic. I thought it was a dialect of Kontinese, as in Common Kontinese. :)

Aeris:
This was also quite useful. How do I claim my "mark", and what do I need to go to the help desk for?

Thanks for replying and thanks in advance for any other replies.

V'alen Dv'orn

PS: What do you think generally? And I can't join the chat for some reason, however desperately I want to...(Link: http://gyazo.com/fbffee8579cfb41745b75547a2669b7d)
V'alen Dv'orn
Player

Words: 4468
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2014, 4:20 pm

[Help] New Player Help

Postby Alea Davenport on May 18th, 2014, 7:08 pm

The Help Desk page explains the basics of what the help desk is for. Generally, if you want a gnosis mark you apply through the help desk. For a gnosis you get from birth, you just have to post in the help desk asking (politely) for that gnosis. (Shoose one of either Healing or Divination, for konti)

Konti gifts should tell you what you need to know about that bit :)

As for the chat... I've never seen that before 0.o I'm going to send you a PM and try to offer tech support. (Just don't want to clutter up the Q&A forum with non-miz-related stuff ;) )
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)