[Alia's Scrapbook] All The Worlds' a Stage

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Alia Beaudouin on June 6th, 2014, 7:15 pm

So I've been looking around a bit, and seeing as so many people have their own wonderfully lovely scrapbooks, I decided I might as well make my own. This can't be that hard, can it?

Sidenote- Yes, it can be that hard. I had a different scrapbook a few months ago but recently deleted it, only to find a thousand things I could put in a scrapbook I didn't have.

Anyways, this is where I shall post any random tidbits of information about Alia, any new character ideas, thread ideas, and any box codes I decide to make for other PCs. (I'm not the greatest and I'm not good with consistency, so I'm not making a box code business quite yet.)
Now, don't expect any daily updates or whatnot from me, I'm a terrible journal keeper, blog keeper, diary-writer, whatever you want to call it. I have a billion journals I've meant to update daily to no avail. When I was younger I even had a blog in which I updated diligently for the first two weeks before forgetting the password to my account and letting it grow old for two and a half years.

Enough about my failure at timekeeping. Feel free to reply, have fun, post whatnot, just don't explode your angry self all over the walls of my scrapbook, otherwise there will be a lot of cleaning up to do.
Last edited by Alia Beaudouin on June 7th, 2014, 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alia Beaudouin
Not everything is better in red

Words: 167069
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2013, 7:44 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alia Beaudouin on June 6th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Day of Season, Year AV

So, I've decided to try my hand at boxcode making since I recently found a good tool to use for it, and after making several box codes for Alia I thought I might as well try making them for other people, so my first victim subject was Palla Frostfawn, a good friend of mine. I'm not sure about the purple color of the font, but I've tried several other colors and they all seem to either clash with the color scheme or you can't read them well.
Last edited by Alia Beaudouin on June 6th, 2014, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alia Beaudouin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alia Beaudouin on June 6th, 2014, 8:26 pm

Day of Season, Year AV

My second PC boxcode, for my chat buddy Grosh
Alia Beaudouin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alia Beaudouin on June 6th, 2014, 8:56 pm

The Meaning of Alia

So, in a recent thread, one of Alia's friends asks Alia IC about what her name means, I then looked it up, not remembering if I had chosen the name Alia for a reason or not. Surprisingly, I found some interesting information on the name Alia.

When I chose the name Alia, I hadn't yet carved out her history and her trip to Riverfall, so I find it interesting that I ended up with a name meaning "Immigrant to a new home." I also like the fact that people with the name Alia are described as "Optimistic, energetic, intelligent, tend to make friends easily, are changeable, restless, untidy and rebellious." Though not an exact match to Alia's personality, it's pretty close. It's also pretty strange considering I didn't flesh out a lot of Alia's personality until recently, meaning there was no way I based her name on her character concept.

A great coincidence indeed.
Last edited by Alia Beaudouin on June 7th, 2014, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alia Beaudouin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alia Beaudouin on June 6th, 2014, 11:55 pm

You've Been Graded!

Player 1 :
Skills
Skill Points
Skill 1 Points
Skill 2 Points
Skill 3 Points

Lores

• Lore 1
  • Lore 2
  • Lore 3

Comments

Comments!

Player 2 :
Skills
Skill Points
Skill 1 Points
Skill 2 Points
Skill 3 Points

Lores

• Lore 1
  • Lore 2
  • Lore 3

Comments

Comments!

Player 3 :
Skills
Skill Points
Skill 1 Points
Skill 2 Points
Skill 3 Points

Lores

• Lore 1
  • Lore 2
  • Lore 3

Comments

Comments!

Don't forget to edit your grading request! Though I try my hardest to award you what you deserve, I may occasionally mess things up! If there's something you'd like to discuss about your grade, then please don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll be happy to work things out with you.
Alia Beaudouin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alia Beaudouin on June 7th, 2014, 12:48 am

Grade Awarded!

Player 1 :
Skills

Skill Points
Skill 1 Points
Skill 2 Points
Skill 3 Points

Lores

➢ Lore 1
➢ Lore 2
➢ Lore 3
➢ Lore 4
➢ Lore 5

Comments

Comments!

Player 2 :
Skills

Skill Points
Skill 1 Points
Skill 2 Points
Skill 3 Points

Lores

➢ Lore 1
➢ Lore 2
➢ Lore 3
➢ Lore 4
➢ Lore 5

Comments

Comments!

Player 3 :
Skills

Skill Points
Skill 1 Points
Skill 2 Points
Skill 3 Points

Lores

➢ Lore 1
➢ Lore 2
➢ Lore 3
➢ Lore 4
➢ Lore 5

Comments

Comments!

If you find any problems or are concerned about anything, please let me know and we can work it out. :)
Alia Beaudouin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alia Beaudouin on June 7th, 2014, 1:12 am

Boxcode-ing

My scrapbook has become more boxcode-y and less scrap-y over the past day due to the ease, quickness, and demand of making box codes the way I do. This brings me to the topic of an open box code business:
Though I'd like to make a box code shop thingie, I know I'll never be able to keep it running smoothly. Eventually, requests will pile up and I'll run into characters I simply cannot do a box code for. I don't have photoshop, paint, or really, any sort of editing software. I literally just create a black document, drag the PC's picture and text onto the blank page, and screenshot it. After a bit of resizing, boom, box code. That's how I make them so quickly, but it's also why I can't make a box code if the person doesn't have a landscape picture that's at least 650 pixels wide. Sorry 'bout that, folks.

Anyways, someone recently asked in chat what I use, and, as I mentioned before, I don't have photoshop or anything like it. I literally use blank documents and free websites as shiny box code making toys.
Process of making a box code:
    1. Find a landscape picture of the PC that's at least 650 pixels wide.
    2. Go to a fancy text generator website and create some fancy text for the box code (I.E. The PC's name or catchphrase)
    3. Drag the landscape photo into a blank document and screen shot them overlapping.
    4. Put the screenshot into a fade-out effect generator
    5. Resize the photo to 650 pixels wide
    6. Paste the IMG code into a box code template and adjust the color and googlefont settings
    7. Voilà, boxcode.

Sorry to disappoint ya, folks, but that's really all there is to it. The trick is making every box code look different, be it with different borders, fonts, colour schemes, the like. Go ahead and try it yourself, with a bit of hunting, you can find the perfect (and free!) tools to do it yourself. If you want a box code from me, and I either thread with you, know you well, or see you in chat often, you never know, I might surprise you with one.
Last edited by Alia Beaudouin on June 7th, 2014, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alia Beaudouin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alia Beaudouin on June 7th, 2014, 2:24 am

Day of Season, Year AV

Thanks to the lovely Gale McCenry for fixing the coding on this one :)

Alia Beaudouin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Atoll Northwind on June 7th, 2014, 1:11 pm

I've been working on learning boxcodes myself, they're tricky and I'm too impatient to really get into them. But if you ever plan on looking into any photo editing software, have you tried Gimp? It's sort of like photoshop but it's free. Anyway, love the way you do the boxcodes regardless, they look lovely! :)
Speech (Fratava). Speech (Common). Speech (Tukant).
Atoll Northwind
Live by the Sea

Words: 55665
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2014, 10:17 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alia Beaudouin on June 7th, 2014, 2:10 pm

I currently just use something like pixlr.com to edit things, like Palla's box code required some editing because her model had brown eyes and pale skin, while Palla has (usually) purple eyes and dark skin. But, if I wanted to put something on the box code that didn't have a clear background, I couldn't. I've tried cutting-and-pasting sort of things before, like Ragdoll does to put PC pictures onto colorful backgrounds, but I'm horrible at that part. That's why I have the landscape photo required thing :)
Alia Beaudouin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next