[Alaia's Scrapbook] The Sketches of a Mind

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Redd on June 30th, 2014, 3:27 pm

x

D'aww You're so cute and smexy looking all at the same time! You're totally rockin' it! xD
Anyway, I'm just spreading the love and figured that I should give you this to watch.
"Reds win! Suck it you non-existent losers!"

x
----------------------------------
"Even when the rain falls,
You & I will stand tall."
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Scarlet Rose on June 30th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Redd ... you just made me blush ^^

Also that video is amazing and had me cracking up thanks for the share and the love!
Do you want the truth or something beautiful? Just close your eyes and make believe.
Do you want the truth or something beautiful? I am happy to deceive you.
Secrets, lies, and falling veils I can be who you want me to be.
Scarlet Rose
One day I'll be the best.

Words: 43868
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2014, 1:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pandaemus on July 1st, 2014, 11:21 am

Okay so you fixed my code at 4:20 in the morning! I am a notoriously horrible coder so this is an impressive achievement! Thanks so much Alaia!!!

Common - Nader-canoch - Hallucination Voices - Crail

Pandaemus
Skitsofrantic!!!

Words: 179130
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2013, 4:17 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alaia on July 1st, 2014, 11:30 am

Any time Panda! <3

... I feel this calls for me to break out into song ...

and for the record I just creeped myself out with that song! =P
Alaia
My soul whispers to you in the silence.

Words: 181488
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alaia on July 10th, 2014, 1:39 am

I've spent a lot of time on Miz since I started here in the beginning of June and I've come to the conclusion that the people here on this site are among the most welcoming people ever. I'm still new, I'll probably consider myself new for several more months but I enjoy my time here immensely. I've rp'd all over the place but I've never found such a bright array of roleplayers and I've never found so many people who challenge me when I write my posts. I like to think I'm a decent writer - definitely not the best, gosh no - but typically in the past I've found myself having to cut back my writing. Sometimes only being able to work with so much coming from other people that it feels flat but here there are quite a few writers who intimidate me (in a good way) and make me push myself. I really love pushing my writing and what I have been able to do here with it.

Also because of the way I've had to push my writing I've actually gotten into a character on a deeper level then just below the surface. Alaia has truly become a character I love and that's all thanks to the plots with people and the people who have been willing to plot deeply with me despite my new status since I do realize people come and go quite quickly.

The praise is not only extended to the way people write on this site but also because simply ... no matter their age most people I've found here are very mature compared to other sites. Now I'm not blind to immaturity in some people but as a whole I'm very impressed by people here in Miz.

Anyways this is brief and short but I just wanted to give a thanks and a hug to all the people here who have truly welcomed me into Miz and made me push my characters and my writing!

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Redd on July 10th, 2014, 2:05 pm

x

Here it is anyway! xD

----------------------------------
"Even when the rain falls,
You & I will stand tall."
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Alaia on July 14th, 2014, 1:32 am

Maybe I'm the biggest dork ever but this had me snorting with laughter....

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alaia on July 14th, 2014, 1:51 am

So a few of us were doing a quiz in chat and here is my myers briggs test result! Actually rather spot on for me:

INTP :
The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there’s nothing they’d be more unhappy about than being “common”. INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

INTPs are known for their brilliant theories and unrelenting logic – in fact, they are considered the most logically precise of all the personality types. They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP. Ironically, owing to their Prospecting (P) trait, INTPs’ word should be taken with a grain of salt – it’s not that they are dishonest, but INTPs tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners.

INTP_1This may make them appear unreliable, but in reality no one is more enthusiastic and capable of spotting a problem, drilling through the endless factors and details that encompass the issue and developing a unique and viable solution than INTPs – just don’t expect punctual progress reports. People who share the INTP personality type aren’t interested in practical, day-to-day activities and maintenance, but when they find an environment where their creative genius and potential can be expressed, there is no limit to the time and energy INTPs will expend in developing an insightful and unbiased solution.

They may appear to drift about in an unending daydream, but INTPs’ thought process is unceasing, and their minds buzz with ideas from the moment they wake up. This constant thinking can have the effect of making them look pensive and detached, as they are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads, but really INTPs are quite relaxed and friendly when they are with people they know, or who share their interests. However, this can be replaced by overwhelming shyness when INTPs are among unfamiliar faces, and friendly banter can quickly become combative if they believe their logical conclusions or theories are being criticized.

When INTPs are particularly excited, the conversation can border on incoherence as they try to explain the daisy-chain of logical conclusions that led to the formation of their latest idea. Oftentimes, INTPs will opt to simply move on from a topic before it’s ever understood what they were trying to say, rather than try to lay things out in plain terms.

The reverse can also be true when people explain their thought processes to INTPs in terms of subjectivity and feeling. Imagine an immensely complicated clockwork, taking in every fact and idea possible, processing them with a heavy dose of creative reasoning and returning the most logically sound results available – this is how the INTP mind works, and this type has little tolerance for an emotional monkey-wrench jamming their machines.

Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road crossed the chicken depends on your frame of reference.
Albert Einstein
Further, with Thinking (T) as one of their governing traits, INTPs are unlikely to understand emotional complaints at all, and their friends won’t find a bedrock of emotional support in them. INTPs would much rather make a series of logical suggestions for how to resolve the underlying issue, a perspective that is not always welcomed by their Feeling (F) companions. This will likely extend to most social conventions and goals as well, like planning dinners and getting married, as INTPs are far more concerned with originality and efficient results.

The one thing that really holds INTPs back their restless and pervasive fear of failure. INTPs are so prone to reassessing their own thoughts and theories, worrying that they’ve missed some critical piece of the puzzle, that they can stagnate, lost in an intangible world where their thoughts are never truly applied. Overcoming this self-doubt stands as the greatest challenge INTPs are likely to face, but the intellectual gifts – big and small – bestowed on the world when they do makes it worth the fight.

Some famous INTPs:

Socrates, philosopher
Rene Descartes, philosopher
Blaise Pascal, mathematician and philosopher
Isaac Newton, physicist
Carl Jung, psychologist
Albert Einstein, physicist
James Madison, former U.S. president
Dwight D. Eisenhower, former U.S. president
Gerald Ford, former U.S. president

I'll do my PC's tomorrow and see where they come out ^^

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alaia on July 15th, 2014, 9:02 pm

I said I'd do my character's personality tests so here they are :D

Alaia INFJ :
The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact. They tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while INFJs can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

INFJ_1INFJs indeed share a very unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain – INFJs will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance. Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to INFJs, and they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants.

INFJs find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extroverted types, but they would all do well to remember that INFJs need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. INFJs take great care of other’s feelings, and they expect the favor to be returned – sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days.

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
Martin Luther King
Really though, it is most important for INFJs to remember to take care of themselves. The passion of their convictions is perfectly capable of carrying them past their breaking point and if their zeal gets out of hand, they can find themselves exhausted, unhealthy and stressed. This becomes especially apparent when INFJs find themselves up against conflict and criticism – their sensitivity forces them to do everything they can to evade these seemingly personal attacks, but when the circumstances are unavoidable, they can fight back in highly irrational, unhelpful ways.

To INFJs, the world is a place full of inequity – but it doesn’t have to be. No other personality type is better suited to create a movement to right a wrong, no matter how big or small. INFJs just need to remember that while they’re busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves, too.

Sorcha INTJ :
It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. INTJs are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but only if their interest is piqued.

INTJ_1With a natural thirst for knowledge that shows itself early in life, INTJs are often given the title of “bookworm” as children. While this may be intended as an insult by their peers, they more than likely identify with it and are even proud of it, greatly enjoying their broad and deep body of knowledge. INTJs enjoy sharing what they know as well, confident in their mastery of their chosen subjects, but owing to their Intuitive (N) and Judging (J) traits, they prefer to design and execute a brilliant plan within their field rather than share opinions on “uninteresting” distractions like gossip.

A paradox to most observers, INTJs are able to live by glaring contradictions that nonetheless make perfect sense – from a rational perspective. For example, INTJs are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics, a seemingly impossible conflict. But this is because INTJ types tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results. Yet that cynical view of reality is unlikely to stop an interested INTJ from achieving a result they believe to be relevant.

INTJs radiate self-confidence and an aura of mystery, and their insightful observations, original ideas and formidable logic enable them to push change through with sheer willpower and force of personality. At times it will seem that INTJs are bent on deconstructing and rebuilding every idea and system they come into contact with, employing a sense of perfectionism and even morality to this work. Anyone who doesn’t have the talent to keep up with INTJs’ processes, or worse yet, doesn’t see the point of them, is likely to immediately and permanently lose their respect.

Rules, limitations and traditions are anathema to the INTJ personality type – everything should be open to questioning and reevaluation, and if they see a way, INTJs will often act unilaterally to enact their technically superior, sometimes insensitive, and almost always unorthodox methods and ideas. This isn’t to be misunderstood as impulsiveness – INTJs will strive to remain rational no matter how attractive the end goal may be, and every idea, whether generated internally or soaked in from the outside world, must pass the ruthless and ever-present “Is this going to work?” filter. This mechanism is applied at all times, to all things and all people, and this is often where INTJ personality types run into trouble.

INTJs are brilliant and confident in bodies of knowledge they have taken the time to understand, but unfortunately the social contract is unlikely to be one of those subjects. White lies and small talk are hard enough as it is for a type that craves truth and depth, but INTJs will go so far as to see many social conventions as downright stupid. Ironically, it is often best for them to remain where they are comfortable – out of the spotlight – where the natural confidence prevalent in INTJs as they work with the familiar can serve as its own beacon, attracting people, romantically or otherwise, of similar temperament and interests.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
Harlan Ellison
INTJs are defined by their tendency to move through life as though it were a giant chess board, pieces constantly shifting with consideration and intelligence, always assessing new tactics, strategies and contingency plans, constantly outmaneuvering their peers in order to maintain control of a situation while maximizing their freedom to move about. This isn’t meant to suggest that INTJs act without conscience, but to many Feeling (F) types, INTJs’ distaste for acting on emotion can make it seem that way, and it explains why many fictional villains (and misunderstood heroes) are modeled on this personality type.

All in all I think both Alaia and Sorcha are pretty spot on for the characters =) I haven't done Scar's only because I'm still learning her a bit so I don't think I'd answer everything correctly

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Caelum on July 17th, 2014, 11:06 pm

Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext