NaJu (Nanowrimo in June)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

NaJu (Nanowrimo in June)

Postby Traverse on July 3rd, 2014, 9:26 pm

I think my opinion on the medals is obvious, so I'll wait to hear a few more comments. Even though they're not shiny, its that 'oooh, ahhhh' mentality I have when I make them haha, and despite the strange off-brand NaNo NaJu was, I don't think the event is undeserving of a little place in the medal menu to show everyone it happened. Now that we've seen what it entails I wouldn't be in support of another one either, but it was fun sort of jumpstart to Miz's summer season nevertheless.

The medals I made I put 'NaJu' on, which is admittedly silly as Goss pointed out, but it is what I've been referring to this event as the whole month, silly or not. JuNo makes far more sense, however. If we are game for medals, does that sound much nicer to folks?
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

NaJu (Nanowrimo in June)

Postby Caela Dorin on July 3rd, 2014, 9:34 pm

JuNo does indeed sound nice and makes more sense. June National Writing Month. Close enough. Thanks for going to the trouble, Traverse. They don't have to be shiny. :)
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

NaJu (Nanowrimo in June)

Postby Oryani on July 4th, 2014, 3:46 pm

So! To throw out my own thoughts on this matter...

I personally quite loved NaJu (weird name, I agree), as it was a great way to get me to focus on a character I particularly needed to. However, it was badly placed, as I ended up stretched for time due to exams and other end-of-school projects and such. I agree that, if we did this all the time... it would make NaNo a lot less fun, and less of a yearly thing anyways.

I don't mind one way or another with the medals, it would be cool, and as Traverse said... it would kind of be a reminder of this event and how it happened. Kind of like the 'Thunderspork' medal back when all those cooking challenges were going on (which I always wanted to try...)

It was a fun month, with a lot of writing, but I think I'll stick to NaNo next time. Once a year is enough for me, I think XD I did learn how much harder it is without a full, lengthy plot like I did for NaNo, so that was an interesting thing I got out of it.

I give a lot of thanks to Able for running it and organizing it, though its sad she retired right after...
Oryani
I'm still a Drykas

Words: 225246
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Endrykas Seasonal Challenge (1)

NaJu (Nanowrimo in June)

Postby Jaye on July 4th, 2014, 5:52 pm

:D I am glad you guys enjoyed it so much and it was a pleasure to arrange! I used the name NaJu because that is what it was jokingly referred to in Chat when a couple people and I were talking about it, it's definitely a weird name but I wanted to honour its origins by keeping that. I definitely agree with the timing, I know a few people said they had exams when I was arranging it but I didn't realize how many people would be having exams since exams in Canada aren't in June :D It would definitely have been better this month or next (which is too close to Nano to make it worthwhile). I'll definitely do this again as a personal challenge since I can't ever participate in Nano and maybe a couple friends who can't do Nano will join me :D But it was a fun one-shot deal.

Thanks so much for your patience and participation guys! Counting each of the words myself took a lot longer than I anticipated and I definitely fell behind sometimes but you were all so supportive and encouraging :D Have a wonderful summer everyone!
Jaye
Hoofbeats on the Horizon

Words: 72790
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2014, 12:51 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

NaJu (Nanowrimo in June)

Postby Sal Mander on July 5th, 2014, 8:36 am

Sorry to hear that Ablab retired. Meanwhile, let me add my thanks to her for organizing this. Medals and timing aside, I for one enjoyed pushing myself to write more last month, even if I did only reach 16k. Furthermore, it's encouraged me to want to try again come November, so thanks for planting the seed of determination.
Sal Mander
Azenth

Words: 287206
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 1:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

NaJu (Nanowrimo in June)

Postby Gossamer on July 5th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Everyone should have gotten their medals :) As always, Top Word Count gets to design their own unique one.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous