Meeting a Ghost (Marcus Drago)

Marcus hunts for Animals, but only finds a Ghost

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Aravorn on July 5th, 2014, 12:59 am

Spring, 514 AV. The 34th, at the 17th Bell

A fair day, the sun is almost ready to set beyond the horizon and disappear forever till the morning, only two bells left before it starts to tuck itself beyond which the eye can't see and shroud the world in darkness and unveiling the star filled heavens, it was a calm day, and the lake was still, almost a mirror itself.. The trees creaked as their tall tops swayed in the eastern wind and the air was humid and now at that fine balance between warmth and cold, shifting from the Hot breeze-filled spring day to the freezing spring night, flowers were sprouting and the snow was gone besides a few patches blackened with mud that have sought shelter in the shady cool places away from the sun, the land was becoming green again and the animals were roaming once again, birds could be heard chirping all around but scarcely seen unless stirred from their perches high in the trees, it was indeed a fair day, but there was one thing that did not belong, a black shape, motionless, on a small knoll on the edge of the tree line, indeed this statue could be mistaken as a small burnt tree with its bark turned to ash and its wood burned into charcoal. Alas it was not the case, a burnt tree would've been better than the reality, it was a specter of hate, staring at the city with a desire, a desire that a warrior who lives for battle would get if he were to face Myri herself! A Unconquerable titan.. But one that he'd long to conquer no matter how impossible the task...

Aravorn stared out at the lake, his mist was gloomily falling off him and lingering around his feet, ruffling occasionally as some violent thought or memory came to mind, his head was low and turned slightly to the right as the sun was on his left, and he dared not look upon the bright face of it, for it'd sting his eyes, his face was shrouded completely, from a combination of shade, angle and his own soulmist, he was a shade, barely visible yet his presence was cold and dreadful, and the only noise that came from him was the senseless mumbling that came from under his breath, cursing frequently, his eyes were the only things that could be seen, though barely, filled with hate and sorrow staring out at the city, he had been here all day, and he was deep in thought.. Cruel terrible thoughts that'd make no sense to a sane man, yet frighten even the bravest, and turn the stomach of a butcher, these thoughts were no ones own but Aravorns, and he kept them to himself, they filled him with a strange joy while making him gag at the same time, his insanity filled him with such disgusting thoughts of revenge, the things he'd desire to see done to every Man, Woman, and Child in Ravok, the repeated torture of Rhysol own whore: The Voice, in mind and body, something not even she could take.. Something even a god would beg for death before the end, but only if she yet lived.. The thought of Rhysol and The Voice made Aravorn curse them, when he thought of them he thought of the Black sun, so he cursed them too, and for each thing he thought of he thought of another, and each one he cursed to suffering.

So Aravorn stood, almost shapeless by the looks of it, little more than a transparent statue with a black grim fog surrounding him, never thinking of something pleasant, nor remembering anything pleasant from his life, as his memory was gone... and only fragments remained and they were all of the darkness he had suffered in captivity, and the curs behind it! His actions as of now are unpredictable, and any traveler should fear to encounter such a insane subject..
Aravorn
I hurt myself today...

Words: 8290
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2014, 10:03 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Marcus Drago on July 5th, 2014, 1:52 am

Summer 34th, 514 AV
The sun was finally setting. The animals who were living about their days retreated to what tiny little refuge they could find. Spring had finally ended and the warm temperature was slowly showing itself to all who lived in Ravok. However, no matter what season it appeared as though there would never be a hot day like ones in the Suvan Sea. Marcus hated this and believed that he would sooner freeze to death in these cities than reach the Seas ever again. He was getting use to the climate of Ravok, but still hated it. For now he would have to deal with the weather and hope that it doesn't stop him.

Tonight the blond human had a mission, to find and kill wolves. It wasn't a smart mission but it was one he thought he needed to do. He spent most of his time in Ravok learning nothing but how to steal a man’s miza purse. He would never get stronger that way. As soon as he was further away from the city he slid off his hood that attached to his white long coat and showed his golden hair and his light blue eyes. The lake looked beautiful to him. He liked the way light bounced off the surface of the body of water, showing the sight of a flaming ball shrinking past the trees. Maybe he should take a dip? He laughed against that. He reminded himself of the many people who warned him NOT to swim in the water.

Marcus watched the sun wondering how long until it would completely vanish. Wolves hunt at dawn so it was almost the perfect time to spot them. He was not gonna face them once sighted, he was just gonna watch them from afar and wait for the perfect time to kill them.

Suddenly, words flowed through the cool air as Marcus hands reached behind his back. He kept them there, making it look as though it was casual, but really all his fingers were on his dagger. His eyes searched around the area, wondering just where exactly was the mumbling coming from. Hopefully no one was planning to kill him. If there were more than one person or a group of bandits then Marcus had a hell of a run back to the city. He stayed silent trying to make out the words while also trying to scope out where the person could be. His observation skills were… bad, but he had to work with them today. The only thing that seemed weird was the charred tree a couple of feet away from him. Did someone burn it? When he couldn't spot anyone he became a little more worried. He decided to move onto plan B.

I know you are there, so please show yourself so I can calm my beating heart.” He sounded calm even-though fear ran through his tan skin and his voice showed a few scratches. Marcus was ready for a fight but hoped that the mumbling person wasn't. For now he had to put on an act. He tried calming his facial expression and pretending that everything was fine, but sadly his acting skills were rusty and anyone could tell that he was trying hard by the twitch of his left eye.
Marcus Drago
Player

Words: 58360
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2014, 8:45 pm
Race: Human

Postby Aravorn on July 5th, 2014, 2:12 am

Aravorn had stopped mumbling, a voice had called out, but now all was silent.. Too silent as Aravorn tried to remember the words something about showing themselves? Aravorn was in plain sight, he slowly turned his head to the direction of where the voice came, it would seem as if the mans eyes were playing tricks on him, if he still believed that it was a tree and not some creature. "I am already in your sight, and now you are in mine, why have you come this way? What business have you so close to Ravok? Perhaps you are of the city yourself..." Aravorn spoke, his voice was hushed like a whisper yet clear and dreadful, and then he was silent, neither moving nor speaking, but his breath was harsh and could be faintly heard.

Aravorn waited for a reply, what he would do, and wondering who he was. The man had darker skin from the his own days in the sun perhaps, or just his birthright, Sverfa maybe? But why so far from the sea? Maybe just another cultist or soldier of Rhysol, the mist around him started to become agitated at the thought, almost eager to kill, yet the ghostly figure was solid and still, Aravorns thoughts were now directed towards the man, this stranger who crossed paths with him.

Nearly ten chimes had passed, Aravorn now turned his body, before returning to his stillness and silence, his gloom was obvious, the coldness coming from him would chill a person to the bone, and his eyes gleamed with hate, but also hesitation..
Aravorn
I hurt myself today...

Character sheet

Postby Marcus Drago on July 5th, 2014, 3:16 am

Summer 34th, 514 AV
Marcus looked around but turned his head in shock as the charred tree spoke to him. He payed close attention and noticed a manly figure in a dark robe, hunching over and staring at him. The human man wondered for a minute as to why he didn't notice the robed figure before. He shook that thought as he moved a little closer to the water. This man was in a robe, mumbling to himself, and spoke almost silent but loud enough for Marcus to hear. Definitely a type of Person Marcus needed to stay clear of.

The surface of the mans face was crowded by the shadows created by his hood. This made Marcus even more concerned of this man and what he really was. He strained his eyes trying to get a good look at the figure before him, but gave up within the tenth chime. He took a deep breath, calming his mind, then thought of a perfect answer that wouldn't lead to his death.

I am taking a stroll. Yeah I do live in the city, but it doesn't mean I can’t enjoy a bit of peace and quiet outside.” His voice was now monotone and his eyes never left the man. Now that Marcus was a bit calmer he could think clearly. “What about you? Why is a robed man roaming the forest and mumbling to himself? Or is he mumbling to someone else?” He moved slowly back towards the city but kept his body and face towards the robed figure. His hands were now at his side, empty, so that the man would not think that strange things were happening behind Marcus back on the inside of his coat. “The name is Ghost,” He said hoping the man would give his own name, fake or not.
Marcus Drago
Player

Postby Aravorn on July 5th, 2014, 3:57 am

Aravorn stood listening intently, the man said something.. He lived in the city? Aravorns mist started shaking violently with anger, “What about you? Why is a robed man roaming the forest and mumbling to himself? Or is he mumbling to someone else?” So said the man, he called him a man, ignorant of the truth... He was no longer a man, he was little more than a monster now.. Aravorn stood silently processing his own fate, he was depressed, and the air around him reflected that, not a bird could be heard, nor did noise come from the lake, not even the wind was blowing, but it was still chilly and it seemed even Aravorn could feel it, he once again cursed the people who did this to him, and Rhysol, and all of Ravok and its denizens, Aravorn rage was exceeding his reason, but it hasn't quite overpowered it as of yet, his Soul mist rumbled around him and he growled under his breath.

His thoughts had turned to Violence again.. A dangerous state.

“The name is Ghost,” His name was obviously fake, but Aravorn liked it.. given the circumstances, a bit of irony maybe or coincidence. His mist calmed a bit and he grumbled amusingly, staring at the man he slowly approached him, not really walking just gliding off the surface, his Robes or maybe just his mist? It was hard to tell which, but it dragged across the ground, "It is a pleasure to meet you Ravokian, you're name is Ghost hm? I suppose you'd like to know who I am, well... I am exactly what you're name is, I am no longer man either for I am not of flesh anymore.." Aravorns voice started growing louder and more commanding, his mist started becoming more erratic as he spoke, as his voice grew, and his posture improved no longer hunching or bowing his head, part of his face was now seen, and it was pale, transparent and stressed, "I was struck from this world, or so they thought, or so YOU thought Ravokian... But I endure to seek my own vengeance against your Ilk, I will not rest till the city in at the bottom of the Lake, and you have suffered as I have... For... FOR YEARS! I sat in DARKNESS!" He was becoming increasingly violent, shouting now, his 'pace' increasing towards the man, it'd take a quick tongue to calm down Aravorn, lest he test his new abilities on a certain tan-skinned blonde-haired person.

Aravorn blinked towards the man, what little distance was left, disappearing and reappearing right in front of him, his breath was ice cold and his soulmist was now brushing against the mans clothes, Aravorn loomed over him "What do you have to say Ravokian? Are you willing to die for your God? To try and defeat a Enemy of his? Or are you going to cower, and Fleeee?" Aravorn dragged out the word Flee, awaiting a answer, he could be seen very clearly now: He was transparent, and dim, he was little blurry as well, but his face, despite the darkness, had shape now, and features.. It was stressed and pained, but had fury in its eyes, and he spoke only one word now. "Well!?"
Aravorn
I hurt myself today...

Character sheet

Postby Marcus Drago on July 5th, 2014, 6:25 am

Summer 34th, 514 AV
As soon as Marcus mentioned he was from the city, mist shuddered around the man rapidly. The human stared at this for a moment in amazement. Never before had he seen such a thing like this. Was this magic? He heard the word magic being thrown around a lot in Ravok but thought that it was just fools believing in superstitions, like their crazy babble about their God. A chill ran down his spine within the instant he thought of the word God. It wasn't the word or the thought of it that made him shake, it was the man in front of him. The robed man was getting closer to him, but he wasn't walking. Marcus looked below his feet and realized that the man was actually floating, as though his feet was not touching the ground.

It is a pleasure to meet you Ravokian.” Marcus goosebumps began showing across his entire body as the man continued to speak, his arms folded to his chest and his face staring at the feet below the robed figure. “Your name is Ghost hm? I suppose you like to know who I am… I am exactly what your name is.” This caused Marcus to raise his head and stare at the man heading towards him. “I am no longer man either for I am not of flesh anymore.”

His face was white, his eyes spoke of tension, but his voice spoke to Marcus as clear as his face or eyes did. This man was angry, pissed at the world and looking for retribution. He mentioned that he was what Marcus name meant. A GHOST. Maybe it wasn't magic and just the things natural ability. Marcus body shook but his eyes never left the figure.

I was struck from this world, or so they thought, or so YOU thought Ravokian…” That word again, Ravokian. What meaning of that word did this man have? Did he not like the people of the city? “But I endure to seek my own vengeance against your ilk. I will not rest till the city in at the bottom of the lake, and you suffered as I have… For… FOR YEARS! I sat in Darkness!”

The, whatever the hell he was, hovered right over Marcus face, forcing him into a corner. The man or demon that stood before Marcus was disappearing and reappearing. The coat that Marcus wore wished to float far away from the man in front of him, as the mist brushed against it. “What do you say Ravokian? Are you willing to die for your god? To try and defeat an Enemy of his? Or are you going to cower and Fleeeee?” The last sentence was almost a challenge to Marcus. This man… Ghost, was in great pain. The words, actions, and facial expression only made it more certain. Marcus would have to look up vengeful ghost in a book center if he ever got out of this situation. “WELL?!” The being called out to the human waiting a response.

His body shook, his eyes stayed in only one place, and his mouth was too stifled by fear to produce words. He was terrified of this new enemy known to him today, of this new discovery. Marcus legs felt almost as if they could not stand, but somehow they stayed up. Wave after wave of electricity flowed through his head, telling him to get the hell away from here, away from it. However if he ran then he would probably get killed by whatever the fuck this was. Instead, he looked to his palms. Sweat popped through it and he realized just how scared he really was.

He needed to calm down, he needed to get a hold of himself, and he needed to put on a MARVELOUS PERFORMANCE for this out bursting ghost. He took in deep breaths, trying desperately to slowdown the beating of his heart. The shaking did not stop, but his face, his face told something different. Marcus face told the ghost that he was amused by this little display. His eyebrows buried low enough so his eyes wouldn't be seen. He knew that one thing he couldn't do was change the story of them, but he could change the tone of his voice to match that of dominance and courage, not weakling and fearful.

God? What God? I worship no god, not even that bullshit Rhysol being that everyone speaks of in that damn city. And as for being a ‘Ravokian.’ Comparing me to those people is like comparing a pebble to a rock. A pebble is a pebble and a rock is a rock.”

He walked away from the man and towards the large sun that was peeking from beyond the trees. He noticed that the air went cool again and trembled below his head. Marcus was cold, and scared. A horrible combination, especially for him. He needed to bounce back from this fast before the.. Thing, got to him. He pulled out his dagger that was well hidden under his coat and began to cut himself. The pain of the blade grew as he slid it across his palm. Blood began flowing and his grunting could be heard to those who paid close attention. It was unbearable, but his dumb method seemed to work somehow. Instantly, his body stopped shaking and his instincts kicked in.

More red liquid came from his palm as he stared down the monster that once intimidated him. Marcus was no longer afraid, merely pissed, and his pupils showed it. “No I am not ready to die for a God, I am not really ready to die in general. I am not a Ravokian or a man who feeds on the words and stories they tell me. And No I will not try to defeat you if I have to, I WILL defeat you. You see, I got a mission of my own, and that’s to get as far away from this hell hole and sail to sea, like my father before me did.” His words now expressed the same anger that the being expressed, but he realized soon just exactly what was going on and calmed himself. He had let his anger get the best of him and that probably might have cost him his life.

But we do have one thing in common. We both hate that city. I hate it because it is filled with nothing but prejudice men who don’t give a crap about those who do not carry the title Ravokian. And also because slaves are allowed and people who are not registered can get kidnapped from their homes, and what does the Ebonstryfe do? NOT A SINGLE THING!” His voice was raised. No matter what, he could not seem to control his anger. His acting skills were novice work, at best, and it couldn't hide everything.

The world around him though, was seeming to calm down. He ripped off his sleeve, using the dagger in his hand to make it easier, and wrapped it tightly around his palm. He would have to see a doctor once, or if he survived this.”Tell me. Why do you wish to see Ravok sink? And just what the hell happened to you?”
Marcus Drago
Player

Postby Nemesis on August 9th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Aravorn

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Skill ? +?
Skill ? +?

Lores

*???
    *???
    *???

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *???
    *???

Loot/Expenses
    *???
    *???

Marcus Drago

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Observation +1
Rhetoric +1

Lores

*A Ghost Who Hates Ravok

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *None

Loot/Expenses
    *None

Notes

*Shame this wasn't finished, would have been interesting to see whether an alliance would have been formed here...
    *Marcus, would be awesome if you could enlarge your template to include all words. I honestly thought your posts were two paragraphs long and was only going to grade you on that until I accidentally scrolled through one of them. To avoid this in the future, it's better if your template is created so that all writing can be seen.
    *Aravorn, your grade cannot be posted until you fix the issues on the Intervention on your CS and send me a PM...

Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns, if you have any.
Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Thank ye!
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)