Thanks for the Welcome. ;)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Kelski on July 4th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Hello people.

I'm new. I had help getting started because I know people here, but have never let them talk me over to the darkside before. Is Mizahar really the darkside?

Does it take everyone like two days and then some to complete a character sheet even with help? It has been a while since I rolled up a new character in any capacity so I think we need like a prize award or something for just getting the darn thing 'almost' ready.

I saw the questions, but most of them were things I wasn't sure how to answer except the one on style. I love collaborative storytelling and interacting with people. I never get much writing done unless I have an incentive or know people are waiting on me. I also am glad its third person omnipresent too. I couldn't live with one-liner first person collaborative play by posts. That would be like watching monkeys sign to each other every day with those little voice interpretive boxes that are so creepy. No thanks.

Anyhow, I look forward to meeting the group in Lhavit and folks elsewhere on the site. If anyone has any advice, feel free to shoot it my way. I'll listen. I'm here to tell stories, not to be involved in online drama or bickering. So leave me out of it if that's your purpose here. And bring on the rp!

Kelski
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on July 4th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Hello Kelski,
Welcome!

CS? Heh, yeah. I first read all relevant parts of the lore regarding races, magic, skills, some cities and all the like... that took me two days already. Then my cs itself... well, it did as well I think. I can't really remember properly. But it expanded as I started playing, things that didn't fit in, other bits that needed adjustment... Yeah, all things considered, it took me a while, and it still is a chaos pile. I should really fix it... Well, at least I ordered my lore, which took me an hour of three (not kidding).

Lhavit? Did I hear Lhavit?! Whooooo! :paranoid: Actually I'm not surprised, I saw your Character Registry and read your CS before I saw this, so yeah :lol:

If you need a helping hand or advice on whatever you think it is I can give a response to that isn't nonsense, or want to thread a bit, just send me a PM. I am too addicted to Miz not to be online every single day. That's right, it's addicting and you will soon be an addict as well! Moehahahahaha! (I guess it really is the Dark Side)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay :)

-Bran

Credit goes to Ollic
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kelski on July 4th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Thank you very much Batman! That made me laugh, your design code that is. I can't imagine why everyone isn't starting in Lhavet with how helpful everyone has been and just super nice. And now I don't feel so bad taking two days to finish my Character Sheet. I can understand how these things can be a total WIP for the life of the PC.

Happy Fourth of July if your in the US!
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Raien Ironarm Pitrius on July 4th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Kei... It took me a week to make my character, and a month before my CS even looked remotely okay. Then well.. A lot of time went by before Raien wasn't random as hell. Hopefully the CS looks fine now, and he's not bipolar, but I stare at it so much that I think I can't tell anymore.

Regardless, glad to see you here. I'm looking forward to our thread btw.
Raien Ironarm Pitrius
Blackarm the Strong

Words: 109742
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2014, 8:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on July 7th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Hey there!

Welcome to MIz! I hope you enjoy your time here, Kelski. I'd offer to help but it sounds like you've got things covered and are already making friends!

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Raien Ironarm Pitrius on July 7th, 2014, 7:02 pm

Us Lhavitians swarm the new people Goss... I don't think they could avoid help and suggestions, even if they didn't want them.
Raien Ironarm Pitrius
Blackarm the Strong

Words: 109742
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2014, 8:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets