New, With Questions.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

New, With Questions.

Postby Enthere on July 14th, 2014, 4:51 pm

I joined Mizahar, and am following the starting guide, and studying the lore, races, and regions/cities. But I would like to know more about the community. How big is Mizahar as a community? How many players, and characters are there? Is there a race that is chosen most often over any other race?

I am really just looking for the low-down on Mizahar, and community, I guess.
Enthere
Surviving. Fighting. Healing. Freeing.

Words: 56259
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2014, 4:32 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New, With Questions.

Postby Nyra on July 14th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Human is chosen most, probably. There's a lot of people on here, dunno exact #
Nyra
Player

Words: 14747
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2014, 12:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

New, With Questions.

Postby Khida on July 14th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Welcome!

There isn't really a tally of how many active players and characters there are. I can attest that there are more than any other game I've ever been on.

In the Mizahar Discussions forum, there are a couple of links that might interest you. This is the Domain Activity thread from January of this year, and this is the Activity thread from last year. Neither are current, obviously, but they should give you an idea of site activity.

For current activity, you can get a sense of it from the individual city forums. Most of them have a seasonal Character Registry, and you can flip pages on the board to see how many RP threads have been updated in the last few days. Some places are very active, and some are not.

In the Character Sheets forum, there is this thread which has two posts with old census counts. I believe those were for all character accounts created up to the time of posting, not active accounts, but it is a relative measure of how popular different races are. Nyra is correct, Humans are most commonly created, followed by Kelvics.

But ultimately, you should play whatever race fits what you want to do. Whether a race is popular or not shouldn't stop you from making a character.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

New, With Questions.

Postby Enthere on July 14th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Another question, the year is 514 AV correct? So if my character was say 14, their birthday would be 500av?

(Another quick question, how fast does time run, I'm assuming faster than rl?)
Enthere's speech
Others' speech
Enthere

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New, With Questions.

Postby Mirage on July 14th, 2014, 7:59 pm

First off welcome to Mizahar!

Time in Mizahar is fluid, that means you can create a thread at any date within the current season. Right now it is Summer, 514 AV. There are 91 days in summer, and so you can create a thread on any day within the Summer Season. Be careful though that you do not conflict when you decide these thread dates. If you start a thread on the 71st, and then start a thread on the 50th and you end up with a broken arm on the 50th then that will invalidate your thread on the 71st where you were using your arm freely haha.

Yes to the birthday question as well :)

The best thing you can do is take a day or two to read everything, set up your CS and ask questions in this forum and in chat. Take it slow and do it right and I can tell you from experience you will have a lot more fun :)

Again welcome to Mizahar and enjoy your stay!

Question your Reality,
Mirage
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

New, With Questions.

Postby Enthere on July 15th, 2014, 1:30 am

Okay, I have more questions...Skills, how many do I start with (3?) and...just, I don't quite know what to do with them, so any additional information about that is helpful!

And thank you Mirage, Khida, and Nyra :)
Enthere's speech
Others' speech
Enthere

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New, With Questions.

Postby Nyra on July 15th, 2014, 2:45 am

Okay, whatever Race you are, you get a Racial Bonus ( RB ) look on the page of lore for that race you picked, it's said in the box there~ You also get 50 SP skill points from Starting Pack to get whatever skills you want.
Nyra
Player

Words: 14747
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2014, 12:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

New, With Questions.

Postby Enthere on July 15th, 2014, 10:06 pm

Can I change my starting city if I have posted my character sheet, but haven't posted any IC posts yet?
Enthere's speech
Others' speech
Enthere

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New, With Questions.

Postby Palla Frostfawn on July 15th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Yes, just edit your CS to reflect the changes