Closed Birthday Celebrations (Turrin)

Turrin decides to try and turn Drusilla's Birthday into a happy day

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Birthday Celebrations (Turrin)

Postby Drusilla on August 13th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Drusilla found Turrin's laugh contagious and giggled along with him. "So you must know something of the Endal gossip or you wouldn't of laughed!" She giggled and within that moment she felt like a teenager again laughing with Turrin.

Putting her comb away she gave Turrin a bemused look at his idea, "Turrin aren't there enough rumors about us already?" There were plenty going around and all of a different nature. They were plotting to take over the Inarta said some. They were going to breed a superior Myrian/Symenestra hybrid capable of doing anything and everything others claimed. They were secret lovers a few swooned. That they secretly dined on deks in dark of the night feared the low class. "We don't need to feed the public imagination anymore than we have." She took Turrin's hand, this time without any second guessing herself as she had earlier. She did however roll her eyes at his comment and climbed up onto Aponivi... Somewhere deep down she began to wonder if she should believe what he said about her...

She was brought back to the present by Turrin's voice reminding her to hold on, she replied with a small noise holding on was on thing she didn't need reminding of as she clung to Turrin with a deathgrip and the eagle took flight. It wasn't that she didn't trust Aponivi, flying was something completely new to her a tad frightening. She wondered how the Inarta flew so easily, time she guessed. The more one flew the easier it got, she hoped...
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Turrin on August 19th, 2014, 3:17 am

The flight from Gods' Perch was uneventful for the trio. Aponivi followed the Sanikas River all the way to the port of Thunder Bay. As they got closer to the city, Turrin circled the village to allow Drusilla a good look at the view. Turrin was quite amazed at the large white sailed ships docked at the docks. The cargo loaded off and on the ships were mostly handled by deks and supervised by chiet. It was a thankless job, but these goods will fetch a hefty prize on market day in Wind Reach. As they moved away from the port, Turrin noticed the wagon trains loaded with fresh crops, meat from the processing center, and foreign goods getting ready for the long journey to the mountain city. When they flew over the potato fields, Aponivi landed in a grassy field by the entrance of the village. As soon as they landed, Turrin got off Aponivi offered both his hands to help the pale woman down from the eagle.

When Turrin helped the symenestra woman down, the endal smiled at her and said with smirk, “You haven't been to Thunder Bay in the fall. Have you? It is a village bustling with activity before it completely empties out in the winter. We should head to the market before we eat. You can sometimes find some interesting trinkets from around the world especially this time of year. I should see if they have any kittens this year.” The myrian let out a small laugh, “I might be the only Inartan that actually wants a cat.”

Aponivi turned his head towards Turrin and contacted the Endal, Are you serious! Why don't you get a bird like every other ginger? Besides, cats eat birds, and I....just don't feel comfortable.

Turrin laughed out loud and said to Drusilla, “Did you know Aponivi is afraid of cats? Look at Aponivi his feathers are starting to fluff out.”

Aponivi let out a loud squawk and puffed his feather a little and replied, I never said that I am afraid of them. It is just unnatural to have a bird share his home with a dirty smelly cat...

Turrin paused a moment to listen to his friends concern, and he asked Drusilla, “Did you have any pets in Kalinor? In Taloba, my clan's long house had a couple resident jungle cats to keep the building free of mice. Kaya and I used to play with them when we had free time from weapon training. I always wanted a cat of my own, but my mother hated them because the large black female brought her a dead parakeet as a present when my sister and I were born. My mother thought it was a insult, and she never allowed the cats near her ever again.”

Turrin unpacked his talon sword and secured it to his waist. The myrian never left his Aeries without it. He definitely wanted it if they were going to Trader's Exotic Market. The endal was going to be around foreigners who don't know or care about the customs of the Inarta, so he needed to armed just in case. When he was finished getting ready, Turrin looked at Drusilla and gave the young woman a smirk, “Shall we go?”
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on August 19th, 2014, 5:00 pm

Drusilla laughed, "I've never been to Thunder Bay period! Let alone in the fall! It does seem very... busy. Kittens? I never knew you had a cute cuddly side Turrin! Aponivi, aren't you big enough to eat said kitten? I don't see why you should be so frightened, cats catch mice and annoying summer insects. It would probably think you were it's momma anyway and curl up under your wings and sleep. Can you imagine how adorable that would be, Turrin? A kitten who thinks it's an eaglet!" She giggled much to the eagle's dismay.

"Myrians have a connection with tigers, or a least that's what I heard... But, you make it sound as if these cats just saunter about the households! Weapon training... Your elders expected a lot from you it sounds. I know that feeling... I was enrolled at The Weft and Warp as soon as I had mastered my motor skills. Uh, that's the academy of weaving, sewing, and such... Well we kept Ranekissra they live for a handful of years if they don't breed, they're the size of a small bird.. like a sparrow." Drusilla tried to show the size with her hands. "Some kept tiny Ryzowska, they're these pink fish... they get big and sometime are eaten. So you can see they were not as good of a pet as Ranekissra... I guess some kept bats too. It's a giant cave we didn't really have any interesting pets besides Ranekissra, I'd love to have one again. But, they're considered exotic everywhere but Kalinor and I don't know how they'd take the export of these creatures." She had to stop and think of how dull the pets of her home were.

With a smile she nodded,"Yeah, let's take a look around. Did I ever tell you what the Kalinor Symenestra call us that don't live there? Surface Walkers. Sadly only us surfacers only understand gravity..." She happily chattered as the walked to the market.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on August 21st, 2014, 4:24 am

When Drusilla commented that Aponivi could eat a cat, Aponivi gave the symenestra a look and replied to Turrin, Yes... I will eat it if you buy one! Be warned! Turrin ignored the wind eagle and turned his attention back to Drusilla and said with a laugh, “Please, don't encourage him, Dru. He now embolden to make threats to me now....”

Turrin laughed out loud at the wind eagles comment and listened to Drusilla tell him about pets in Kalinor. The myrian smirked when Drusilla thought that myrians allowed tigers to sleep in the long houses with the clan. If the symenestra knew the size of the tigers, she would rethink her comment since they were about twice the size of a normal tiger. The endal smiled when Drusilla described the Ranekissra a small cave bat in Kalinor. The myrian could picture the little thing now as it took refuge in the symenestra's thick hair. Turrin tried to picture a Drusilla as a child, but he had a hard time seeing it because he met her when she was fifteen. He figured the strangely beautiful woman was a adorable as a child. When she described her pet fish the Ryzowka, Turrin pictured a little white haired girl staring at a glass bowl for hours looking at her fish. Turrin noticed the white haired woman was excited to talk about her childhood. The endal knew Drusilla had some happy memories of her childhood. Turrin shrugged and said with a nod, “You might be able to find a ranne..kiis..rra, Dru. We are in Kalea aren't we?”

Turrin patted the giant eagle on the neck and said out loud with a smile, “Enjoy the warm fall day, Aponivi. I will let you when we are ready to leave.” Aponivi seemed happy with his spot in the sun, so the wind eagle just puts his white head in the grass and closes his eyes for a afternoon nap. Turrin wanted to clear up her misconceptions of his people with his friend, “Drusilla, we don't allow the tigers in the longhouses since they would be to big to fit. The cats that I am talking about are normal house cats. They free roam to the longhouses to keep the buildings clear of mice, small poisonous snakes, and insects. They are useful animals and great companions if they want affection or hungry.”

Walking besides her, the endal turned his attention to Drusilla when she mentioned symenestra's nicknames for surface dwellers as surface walkers. Turrin knew some more off-color nicknames for the symenestra, so he decided to keep them to himself, but he said with nod, “Unlike your people, Dru. We are definitely slaves to the earth unless you have a wind eagle or...” Turrin took her hand, turned it over, and gently runs a finger down her palm, “...your climbing hairs. You know they are surprisingly soft..” Turrin blushed slightly, and lets her hand go, and coughs an apology, “Sorry, I should have asked first forgive me.” Not sure what to say next, Turrin ran a hand through his burgundy hair and said with a smile, “I guess being a endal had made me forget common decency. I will have to work on it.” The endal had noticed that the power given to him by the Valintar was addicting, and he had to fight the urge not to abuse it.

Walking besides Drusilla's, Turrin walked down the street of the village, and he made his way to the port. The endal hopped the merchants would have discounts on their goods since it was so close to close port. He doubted it, but he wanted to get Drusilla a present. As they got closer to port, Turrin could see the crowds start to form and the sounds of merchants selling their goods. It was quite a sight seeing the amount of people in one area. However, Turrin knew that he had to watch for pickpockets and thieves in these crowds, so he kept a careful watch for suspicious activity. Turrin looked over at his white haired friend and asked with smile, “What shop do you want to go to first, Dru?”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on August 21st, 2014, 7:10 pm

Drusilla laughed, "Somehow I find Aponivi's threats to be nothing but hot air! If you brought home a kitten I think they'd be best friends. Aponivi just doesn't strike me as the kind of bird who'd eat a kitten. He seems to sweet to do that..." She gazed at Aponivi with eyes that asked, You wouldn't really eat a tiny little kitten, would you? I'd cry if you did...

"Finding a Ranekissra anywhere is highly unlikely the Symenestra guard those silk moths with their lives. Funny little fuzzy things. A moth the size of a sparrow with bright yellow and pink fluff. They feed off fungus in a special cave just for them. When they die they fall into a small pond where the Ryzowka eat the carcass. The Rose Cavern is pretty hard to get to if you're not a Symenestra and that's where the Ranekissra are kept. The next time I go back to visit my mother's grave... I may catch one and bring it back. As long as I don't breed it, everything should be okay. Plus the underground forests are full of fungus so getting food for it would be no problem..."

She gave Turrin a stunned look, "H-how big are they then, Myri's tigers?" Drusilla knew very little of the warrior woman Myri the goddess he worshiped. But she was eager to learn more. "The tigers, could you approach them as a kid? I guess I mean is it like the Inarta and their Eagles? I kinda want to see these large tigers for myself...However I doubt I'd get a warm welcome."

"Yes I suppose, but even to the Symenestra I am considered different as I'm dubbed a surface walker. You are just simply a surface dweller. It's a stigma of sorts. Anyway my views on life and of my race are considered..... radical in ways. A danger to modern Symenestra thinking. I am what my kind calls extremely Esteririan in thinking. Pitying the women taken, believing they deserve better, and that we should just buck up and deal with the consequences of breeding. Dra are also frowned on as a pollution on our diminishing gene pool, their names reflect that hate Dra-sana, Dra-vindri, and so on. Had I a dra I'd name them as a regular Symenestra as most males won't claim the poor creatures."

Drusilla paused as Turrin took her hand, it was... unexpected.. "No need to apologize Turrin. We've known each other too long to apologize for such silly things. I suppose I am fuzzy in a way." She looked over her own hand. "I find it strange that humans lack these little hooks as I've seen humans covered in hair."

The port was bustling with people and wares. Drusilla watched happily this mingling of people. A good half didn't look Inarta, "Ah! Turrin! What's that one? and that other one next to him?" She asked in a loud whisper hoping he would know these strange people. Once the fascination of the strange people died down she turned toward the stalls and shops, "Let's just work our way down this side and come back up over there by those stalls. We can see a bit of everything that way!"
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on September 7th, 2014, 6:26 pm

As the two of walked down the busy street, the Inarta seemed to walk around the pair, but the foreigners had no notion on who or what he was just walked by without a care in the world. Turrin didn't mind as long as they didn't bother Drusilla or him. Turrin watched the his white hair friend amethyst eyes brighten up when she saw all the foreign wears at the shop. The endal realized that the symenestra were pretty isolated from the rest of the world to just like the Inarta. Turrin said to Drusilla, “I think merchant is Svefra, and the other merchant is a Vantha.” The endal never saw a Vantha before, but he heard rumors that they lived in a cold land far to the north. However, he heard rumors that their women were exotic beauties from the north with their shimmering hair and color changing eyes. The myrian was happy that the Vantha was a male, but Drusilla might have caught him ogling the poor woman. Turrin smiled at Drusilla and said with smirk, “I heard Vantha eyes change color. Wouldn't it be neat if your eyes changed color every morning?

Turrin must have been to ten stalls of foreign goods. Most of the goods were non-perishable like clothing, jewelry, and trinkets. The endal had no interest in those items because he never needed much accept for his short bow, talon sword, and quiver full of arrows. However, he watched Drusilla with curiosity when she looked through the wears. When he got to a last stall, he saw a Svefra sailor standing behind the counter with a table full different trinkets. He looked at Drusilla's and said with a wink, “If I known there was such beauty in Kalinor, I would have traveled to Kalinor in my younger days. What brings a symenestra to Thunder Bay? Business or... The sailor looked at Turrin behind her and said with a smirk, “...pleasure?” The merchant seemed to not understand the word tacked, but Turrin could tell the man was harmless, so he wasn't going to interrupt their conversation.

Turrin just gave the man a look at the pleasure part, but he decided to let Drusilla deal with the merchant while he looked over the goods on the man's table. The endal was curious if he could find a map of Mizahar. He would need one if he was going to start trading with other cities. Suddenly, Turrin looked at a small wooden box with a crank. The endal picked it up and saw the sides were pictures of fools and jesters on the side of the box. The Myrian started to turn the crank, and with each turn, the box started to make music. Turrin looked at Drusilla and said in common, “I heard many eastern barbarians are masters of magic. Could they truly make a box that plays music with no instruments.” As Turrin kept turning the crank, the myrian swore that he heard this song before. Did my mother sing this to me when I was young? The endal wanted to hear the rest of the song, so he kept turning the crank till the rest of the song played in full.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on September 8th, 2014, 1:07 am

"A Sefra? Vantha... Where do they come from? Do you know?" Drusilla asked looking up at Turrin. "Having my eyes change might be fun for awhile, but I'm happy with my own eyes. My mama had purple eyes and I'm the only one in my family who doesn't have gold ones like my daddy." She smiled, that was right she was the very image of her mother. Special traits lost to her half-siblings who all wore black hair and golden eyes.

All of the stalls had such strange wares, things she had never seen before in most cases. One stall had shells so large she needed both hands to lift them. Another held strange stones all unknown to Drusilla but one. "Opalgloams! It's an Opalgloam! Like in Kalinor! Hold it in the dark Turrin! See? It glows!" She smiled happily. A few other stones caught her eye and the dealer happily explained what they were: Shell Agate, Auralite, Heartwise, and this one made her giggle Drusy Quartz. "Look it's even purple!" she giggled to Turrin. "Who knew I was a rock!"

At the next stall the merchant spoke to her, "Umm ahh-I mean t-thank you for the compliment... I uhh live in Wind... Reach... P-p-pleasure?" She had seen him look at Turrin and she had looked back at him as well. She suddenly understood what the Sefra meant. "Uh I-I no no no... We're not like that! He's got a girl! A glassblower!" She kept turning from Turrin to the other man. "I'm just a good friend.."I wish I was his like that.. It was no use, her face was already a shade of red that looked horrible on her skintone.

She stopped what she was doing as a melody floated through the air. "Huh? What did you find, a box?" Drusilla made her way to Turrin's side..."A musical box? So you move the handle and it makes that song? How does that work?" She was tempted to touch the strange 'singing' box. "Can I try?" She gently took hold of the handle and cranked it and the song played again.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on September 12th, 2014, 3:46 am

Suddenly Drusilla took the strange music box from Turrin's hand and started to turn the crank. He was about to protest to Drusilla, but he figured it was her birthday, so he aloud her to finish the song. Turrin listened to the song play as he watched her white fingers turn the crank. When the last note was finished, the lid of box opened, and cloth clown with a porcelain head sprung out of the box towards the face of Drusilla. With the sudden surprise. Turrin jumped back and put a hand on the hilt of his sword. He wasn't quite sure what to think about the clown in the box. All the myrian could think was eastern barbarians made a magical box to scare people to death.Turrin wasn't surprised at the treachery of the eastern barbarians because heard stories from his father that the mortals in the east relied on magic to win their battles. It was sickening concept to the myrian. Turrin swiftly snatched the music box from Drusilla, set it down on the table, and said to her, “There is treacherous magic in that box. The eastern barbarians are trying to lure you in with their illusions, so they can catch you off guard with their toys.” The endal eyed the Svefra merchant and said to Drusilla in broken Nari, “This merchant is no good, I don't trust. We should go now....”

Turrin learned from his father at a early age that magic was a curse on the world, so when the box played a music, he assumed the music was created by sorcery. He knew the gods gave mortals the ability to make music, but he never heard of box making music on it's own. It was unnatural. Drusilla's magical stone the Opalgloam was fascinating as it started to glow on it's own, but he figured the glow was naturally caused when it was created by the gods. As the merchant was putting the clown back into the box, he gave the half-myrian a confused look and said to Drusilla, “Your friend seems kind of skittish around technology doesn't he...?” Turrin glared at the merchant at his comment and said to Drusilla, “We should head back to the merchant with the glowing stone. Would you like it as your birthday present?”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on September 13th, 2014, 4:02 am

Drusilla had jumped, but then laughed at the funny looking doll. At Turrin's sudden freak out, Drusilla became confused. "You should of warned him something would pop out, common courtesy!" Drusilla scolded the Sefra man. She picked up the box again, pushed the doll back in, shut the lid, and shook it. She held it close to her ear and shook it harder then listened. Drusilla did this several times. The Sefra man gave her a look in which Drusilla responded with a look of her own. She slowly cranked the handle, trying to listen to the noises underneath the music. When the doll popped out of the box this time Drusilla felt the doll's body, she tugged on it lightly. She closed the box and placed it back down, satisfied with her findings.

She ran up to Turrin, "Turrin, that box isn't cursed nor is it a box demon! It's all springs and metal bits! The crank turns the metal bits until the last one lets the doll go! Even the music is made by the metal bits. You can hear them!"

"Turrin," Drusilla whined. "You took me out today you don't have to get me a gift!" Although the Opalgloam made her happy somehow just looking at it. It was one of the few good memories of Kalinor. These glowing little stones. She picked up the stone. It was shaped like an egg at the base it was about the size of a coin. The more she held the stone, the more she didn't want to put it down. "Okay..I admit I want it..." She said sheepishly.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Anuk on March 14th, 2018, 8:03 pm

GRADE WITHHELD
DUE TO INACTIVITY

If either of you ever return to Mizahar, feel free to PM me or resubmit this thread to the queue for your grade.  
Anuk
Player

Words: 13460
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2017, 1:01 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous