Closed The Divine & The Savage

[Halin'a & Ayatah]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Divine & The Savage

Postby Ayatah on August 13th, 2014, 11:56 am

Ayatah nodded, secretly thanking Syna that it was daytime and her to-be victim was thus hornless. "I will take things slowly, to begin with, just for practise. But obviously should soemone actually attack you, they won't be so polite."

She had experienced only one such incident in her time in Zeltiva, in the first year of her living in the city. She had spent the evening with fellow classmates (she refused to call them 'friends' because they had simply laughed at her accent and spoken in simple Common so as not to confuse 'the savage'), and as such had been in a foul mood. Whilst stomping back to the university quarters, at this point well past midnight, Aya had caught the attention of drunkard. When she completely ignored his calls and whistles, the man had grown impatient and followed her, taking alleyways and shadowed paths that ran parallel to where she was walking so he could surprise her. As she turned a corner, the man had jumped out, knocking her to the ground and falling down beside her. He had wasted no time and climbed on top of her, fumbling with his clothes to unsheathe a sad-looking dagger. Aya had laughed - she had expected a completely different kind of blade to be revealed - before fighting back. She had left her attacker in an even more sorry state than he had been previously. If this was the height of crime in Zeltiva, it was going to be a boring time.

"Hopefully though," Aya said as she stalked around Halin'a, stopping when she faced the back of his head, "anyone who attacks you will have had enough alcohol to make it an easier job for you." With that final word, she pounced; bringing her lanky arms around his waist to his front, tugging at the Ethaefal's own arms to tug them behind his back. She had not entirely kept to her promise of taking it slowly - but what was the point of setting up an entirely artificial scenario?

oocSooo sorry about the delay... Even worse, I have no decent excuse! :P

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Divine & The Savage

Postby Halin'a on August 13th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Ayatah moved a bit faster than Halin'a was expecting; her words gave him barely any warning before the Myrian was wrestling his arms around behind him. For a split second, the Ethaefal froze, but then he remembered Ayatah's words: Throw his head back and try to connect with her nose. That would be a little difficult, considering the size difference, but Halin'a did his best. He threw his head back and down, not hard enough to actually break Ayatah's nose, but enough to make it smart a little when it connected. He threw himself forward, twisting to the side to wrench one arm from Ayatah's grip so that he had more freedom of movement. He took advantage of that to spin, his still-trapped arm twisting in the Myrian's grip as Halin'a brought his free hand up to push Ayatah back, slipping his arm free before skittering backwards a couple of steps, just out of reach.

"How was that?" He asked eagerly. He had a feeling that there might have been an easier way to escape, but what he'd just done had obviously worked.

OOCThat's fine; I understand how it gets sometimes. :P
Avatar by me; based off of this picture
Halin'a
Player

Words: 65334
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Divine & The Savage

Postby Ayatah on August 14th, 2014, 10:35 am

If Ayatah had been expecting Halin'a to move with such dexterity and speed, she hid it well. His head had connected with the bridge of her nose, which had almost instantly made her eyes water. In the instant that Aya started to feel sorry for her nose, his weight shifted forwards, almost toppling her over. She caught herself just in time, but Halin'a had already twisted around and, a little dazed, Aya instinctively let go his arm.

"That was impressive." She muttered, rubbing her nose. "You have the right instinct to get away, and you can work your body well. It's now just a case of practise, and technique." Her words were a little muffled, as if she had suddenly come down with the flu.

How embarrassing, almost beaten by a city-dweller. She scolded herself silently.

"Let's try again." She suggested, taking up her position behind him once more. This time, she snuck in another surprise; an arm caught loosely around his neck.

oocGo ahead and have Halin'a beat up poor old Aya again - it's quite fun! :p

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Divine & The Savage

Postby Halin'a on August 15th, 2014, 12:23 am

Halin'a was a bit more prepared for the attack this time; however, the arm that the Myrian woman had wrapped around his neck cut off his air supply momentarily, almost making him panic before he realized that if one of her arms was around his neck, she was holding both of his wrists in one hand-- thus, she had a weaker grip than before. Halin'a tried to gulp in a deep breath (he didn't exactly succeed) before putting all of his effort into yanking his right arm free, bringing it up to pull Ayatah's own right arm from around his neck. Halin'a kept her arm firmly in his grip as he spun, pulling her arm up and over his head and twisting it slightly. The Ethaefal's movement released his left wrist from Ayatah's grip, and Halin'a used his own grip on the Myrian's right arm to pull her forward as he stepped to the side, slinging her towards the ground. Belatedly, Halin'a realized that might not have been such a good idea-- the ground was pretty hard, and would hurt if Ayatah didn't manage to catch herself.

OOCAgain, feel free to ask me to rewrite something if you're unhappy with it; I'm more than willing to oblige. :)
Halin'a
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Divine & The Savage

Postby Ayatah on August 17th, 2014, 9:30 pm

His movements were quick, and appeared to be well thought out. Before Ayatah knew it, the ground was rushing up to meet her. She managed to tuck her head down and to the opposite side to which was falling, making her shoulder blades a smooth surface. She landed on her right side, but managed to push her weight with enough momentum to keep rolling onto her left... and finally into a crouch. Years of rough play has finally played off.

"That was good," she said, brushing the dust off her golden-touched skin, "you almost made me loose face as well, which would have been very embarrassing." Those final words were said with a playful grin - which faulted only slightly as Aya stretched out her arms. Back in Taloba, she would have never felt stiff after such a short session of training, but her muscles had been rested for too long in Zeltiva.

oocIf you're happy, shall we start winding things down? I imagine you've probably covered enough to get maximum skills in both combat skills, but I'm more than happy to go through a couple more posts if you want :)

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Divine & The Savage

Postby Halin'a on August 18th, 2014, 2:45 pm

OOCWinding down sounds good to me. :)

Halin'a let out a relieved breath when Ayatah managed to save herself from an ungraceful sprawl, and then chuckled sheepishly. "Sorry," he apologized, rubbing the back of his neck self-consciously. "I didn't mean to shove you so hard. But thank you, for the praise and the training." He held a hand out for Ayatah to shake. "I had a good time," he added sincerely. "Do you think maybe you'd want to do this again sometime?"
Halin'a
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Divine & The Savage

Postby Ayatah on August 19th, 2014, 1:06 pm

There's no need for an apology," Ayatah insisted, wafting her hand as if to bat away his sorry, "it was good to train again." It had been too long since Aya had flexed those Myrian muscles, and the familiar burn in her legs and arms was a welcome sensation. "I would be more than happy to meet with you again." She dipped her hand, having shook his, into her satchel and lifted out a piece of ripped paper. "This has my address on it, feel free to drop by to arrange another session." The writing on the paper was surprisingly elegant of a woman of her maternal race. With a final nod and small wave, the half-Eypharian turned and began to make her way back to the city centre of Zeltiva. Her steps were a little stiff, but she had an exhausted smile on her face.

oocThis was really fun! I'll put the thread up for grading, but feel free to stick up one last post if you want :)

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Divine & The Savage

Postby Perplexity on September 14th, 2014, 4:11 pm

Ayatah :
Skills:
  • Cosmetology | +1 EXP
    Tactics | +1 EXP
    Teaching | +5 EXP
    Dagger | +2 EXP
    Rhetoric | +2 EXP
    Observation | +1 EXP
    Acrobatics | +3 EXP
    Unarmed Combat | +2 EXP
Injuries:
  • Mild bumps and bruises from the sparring match. No serious injuries. They will fade within a span of 10 days.
Lores:
  • Cosmetology: The Myrian Bun
    Halin’a: Martial Student
    Halin’a: A Prostitute
    Halin’a: A Quick Learner
    Halin’a: Is An Ethaefal
    Tactics: Structuring A Combat Lesson
    Dagger: Reverse Grip Lunge
    Weaponry: The Nature of a Scimitar
    Rhetoric: Sailor Puns
    Observational Insight: Assessing The Strength of An Offensive Stance
    Acrobatics: Right Sidestep Evasion
    Acrobatics: Rolling Crouch
    Hand-to-Hand Principle: Move With Your Attacks
    Hand-to-Hand Principle: Escaping An Assailant From Behind

Halin'a :
Skills:
  • Observation | +3 EXP
    Rhetoric | +1 EXP
    Scimitar | +3 EXP
    Tactics | +2 EXP
    Unarmed Combat | +3 EXP
Injuries:
  • Mild bumps and bruises from the sparring match. No serious injuries. They will fade within a span of 10 days.
Lores:
  • Observational Insight: Assessing A Warrior’s Confidence
    Observational Insight: Concentrating To Anticipate Movement (Slow)
    Ayatah: Martial Mentor
    Ayatah: Is a Myrian
    Ayatah: Is From Taloba
    Ayatah: Served In the Military
    Ayatah: Her Address In Zeltiva
    Rhetoric: Blunt Quips
    Weaponry: The Nature of a Scimitar
    Weapon Principle: Move With Your Weapon
    Scimitar: Forward Jab
    Scimitar: Left Feint
    Tactics: Forming A Quick Plan of Attack
    Hand-to-Hand Principle: Move With Your Attacks
    Hand-to-Hand Principle: Escaping An Assailant From Behind

Comments :
A pleasant read that was nicely paced. My only advice is for Halin'a, if you put more detail into your posts beyond simply reacting to the other player you will in turn get more experience in a variety of skills. Well done, guys! If you have comments, questions or concerns feel free to contact me. My inbox is always open!
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous