First time RP'er

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

First time RP'er

Postby Ensimilence on August 18th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Hello to all who read my thread, first time trying to rp anything, ive always been interested but never felt confident.
now just looking for tips on how to go about it all
•"Him who knows that I know what he seeks to know, knows it well while he who knows not, knows not what I know or know not."
Ensimilence
Player

Words: 156
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2014, 6:26 pm
Race: Symenestra

First time RP'er

Postby Adelaide Sitai on August 18th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Hello Ensimilence (that's quite a name!) and welcome to Mizahar.

It's a great site so I'm sure you'll have fun. If you have any problems/questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Good Luck and I hope you stick with it! :)
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

First time RP'er

Postby Switch on August 18th, 2014, 9:45 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, there is a 'getting started' message located in your inbox that should be able to help you, if you have other questions please feel free to drop by in Chat and there are any number of helpful souls there =D
Switch
Player

Words: 60112
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2014, 7:33 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

First time RP'er

Postby StolenSouls on August 21st, 2014, 11:03 am

This is my first time, too! :) I've heard complaints from other RP'ers that some roleplayers always want to be the main character and be the most powerful. So obviously, people prefer a team player!

But my question is, how do we deal with an RP'er that is grabbing the spotlight with no concern for others?
An eye for an eye does not make anybody blind. The exchange of perspectives would actually shine light upon many things that'll make you wish you were in the dark.

Try on my eyes, and see things you'll never see before, and never see again.
StolenSouls
Player

Words: 4223
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Race: Ethaefal

First time RP'er

Postby Adelaide Sitai on August 21st, 2014, 11:31 am

Hey StolenSouls (You will have to change your name to the name of your character :) In your case, Odesse) and welcome to Mizahar!

What you seem to be asking about is hijacked threads and godmodding. In someone else's thread, it's not wrong that they should want to be the main character, so to speak, but if it's your thread and some people start doing their own thing, then contact your domain storyteller.
Wanting to be, and playing as, the most powerful is often a case of godmodding or, usually, playing above your skill level. It's very important that you play within your skill level because, otherwise, you will just succeed in irritating other players. If you see someone else godmodding or playing noticeably above their skill, you can again contact your domain storyteller in both cases.

PS: I noticed that your formatting for your Character Sheet was a little 'upside down', so to speak. If you use a character sheet template, as can be found on the character sheet forum, this shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and if you need any help, feel free to ask. :)
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

First time RP'er

Postby Ensimilence on August 23rd, 2014, 10:25 am

Ive spent a few days now trying to figure out a character and a story, I'm making progress now in just trying to figure out how this whole site works, where to post what and such, never been on a forum or anything so I'm clueless
•"Him who knows that I know what he seeks to know, knows it well while he who knows not, knows not what I know or know not."
Ensimilence
Player

Words: 156
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2014, 6:26 pm
Race: Symenestra

First time RP'er

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on August 23rd, 2014, 9:22 pm

Saraphina Skyglow

Hey Ensimilence...wow that is a mouthful XD...starting out your character can be a very daunting task if its your first time. Remember that you don't have to get to complex, changes can always be added later. Mizahar is a wonderful community full of tons of support, so if you ever have any issues don't hesitant to ask. Hope you have fun and welcome to the site.

Saraphina Skyglow
No chains will ever hold me

Words: 234308
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2014, 11:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

First time RP'er

Postby Rayle on September 27th, 2014, 2:43 am

I'm new to this too
Rayle
Player