Introducing Falyndar's Regional Quest!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Traverse on September 1st, 2014, 5:33 am

A set of bone runes lay still on a worn wooden table. A calloused finger that had seen decades of hard labor brushed over the symbols in something approaching terror, dark eyes wide. Sturdy, but old legs rose, knocking the table on its side, the bones clattering to the ground with dull thumps.

---

Across the Kandukta Tanabis pulled a dripping knife out of a now dead Myrian torture subject.

"Another my Queen?"

She only nodded distractedly, licking the blood off the edge of the blade, lost in thought untilt he horrid tang of Myrian blood seeped into her taste buds and she spat viciously upon the floor. It was not right, nothing had felt right since that foul creature had come to her city, everything had gone wrong from there.

---

It was not often you saw fear in a Myrian's eyes. It was not that they did not fear, for that would be a foolish thing to pretend, but they did not fear things such as death, or a superior opponent, or simple things that might bother those weak barbarians that lived outside of the great jungle wilds. That calloused hand gripped the arm of the clan matriarch. She turned, her gaze at once friendly, switching immediately to concern.

"Talwa...what is it?"

"Death." Was all the older woman was able to say. "Death is coming.

Her matriarch looked at her with confusion. It was not in Talwa to joke, and the clan always took her readings seriously. That was when she felt it. When they all felt it. The ground rumbled, like a Tskanna running, but it grew in volume exponentially, and a great terrible sound of earth heaving against itself could be heard.

Then came the screams, and the fire, and the herald of it all.

---

This newest victim lasted barely a day. Tanabis's servants knew something was off with their Queen, everyone could sense it. Her subjects gave her an even wider berth, barely anyone deigned to meet her in the eyes, even for the smallest of ticks. The now dead female Myrian had been cut in the most vicious of arcs, shoddy work from a Queen who was so good at drawing out her subject's suffering. Her knife fell to the floor and she found her fist slamming again and again into the lifeless bodys face, watching the skin slough off, the teeth fill with blood and come out one by one, until her fist was almost as much of a bloody mess as that monkey's face.

She stopped her motions when she felt it. A rumbling, a quaking. It wasn't uncommon for the earth to shift every now and again, but the Queen could tell that this was different. She felt the caverns shake, heard sounds far above her. Her tail twitched and suddenly she was in motion gliding up from her torture chamber through her quarters and down the tunnels. The first guard to reach her had gashes all over his scales where rubble had gotten him.

"My Queen, ssomething has happened, nearly all the upper tunnelss have collapssed, we losst...sso many guards. I don't know..."

"Who did thiss?"

"I don't- we didn- I mean who cou-" Her bloody hand was around his throat in an instant raising him up high and fast and shoving him against the wall with enough force to make him whimper like hungry pup.

"Go to the nurseriesss, tell the ssissters there to get ass many ssnakelings as they can and get out, if you fail, Ssiku herself will see you ssuffer eternally for your cowardice."

She dropped him and headed straight for the entrance, no rock would stand in the Queen's way on this day.

Welcome to the beginning of Falyndar's first ever regional quest. This plot has been a long time in the making, and one of Mizahar's first based so heavily upon the actions of a single PC. The effects of the events that will be transpiring will shake Falyndar to its core and alter it forever more. If you wish to take part in this momentous occasion you will have two weeks from today to post here and claim your spot in the quest. There will be two major threads based from the destruction and chaos, one out of Taloba and one out of Zinrah each begun by the infamous Evalin that will start off a blood bath the likes of which hasn't been seen in Falyndar since the Myrians first purged the region. Opportunities will be had to fight, flee, help rebuild your city, or simply watch as it is destroyed, and multiple plot avenues will open up in each city's quest lines.

Once the two weeks is up I will link the appropriate threads here for you to join based on which city you will be in at the time. I will also be very strict on posting times, you will have two weeks to post once a posting order has been established, if you are late you will be skipped and if you are skipped more than once you will forfeit your place in the quest.

I hope you are ready for what is about to transpire, Mizahar, for changes are coming to Falyndar, the ripples of which will settle on the whole of the world.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Shasshtekssemet on September 2nd, 2014, 3:23 pm

Count Ssemet in!
Shasshtekssemet
Player

Words: 29400
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 3:00 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xen on September 2nd, 2014, 3:48 pm

8) :thumbsup: Xen on the scene
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kwantu on September 2nd, 2014, 3:49 pm

Count me in. My spear is yours.
Kwantu
The Shooting Spear.

Words: 49673
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2013, 4:55 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kol on September 2nd, 2014, 6:09 pm

Of course Kol will be involved. I can't wait.

Kol
Player

Words: 105290
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2014, 12:11 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ssafiracitlali on September 2nd, 2014, 6:54 pm

I'm in. :)
Ssafiracitlali
mother of the basilisk.

Words: 31500
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2014, 1:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dor'gen on September 3rd, 2014, 4:53 pm

Game on!

I'm in :D

Image Image Image
Dor'gen
The Furious.

Words: 152513
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2014, 1:46 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on September 3rd, 2014, 7:05 pm

I will be there ^.^. For part if it at least :-P
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kartah of the Tiger Eyed on September 4th, 2014, 1:34 am

Kartah's in!
just trying to survive in the only way I know how
Kartah of the Tiger Eyed
Explorer/Runaway

Words: 1520
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2014, 10:40 pm
Character sheet