Experienced But New Here and Rusty x.x"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Nael on September 11th, 2014, 4:33 am

'Ello

After searching my old "stomping grounds" for rp that is now non-existent, I actually did a Bing search for rp sites. The link I clicked provided a list and on that list, you lot were number one. The introduction to the site was well written and to the point, which I appreciated, causing me to happily register here. I chose to be one of the Kelvic people, but I'm still exploring the site and wondering how to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Fair warning, though, it's been a long while and my skills are sub-par at best. The writing bug has grabbed hold of me again and I'm powerless against it. So here I am, too old to be rping still, not exactly caring, and looking forward to a positive experience with you all.

Looking forward to making new friends and fantastic memories! Whuddya say? x)
Nael
A Beautiful Person Waiting to Happen

Words: 525
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2014, 4:23 am
Race: Human

Postby Aerer on September 11th, 2014, 5:10 am

Hey there!

Speaking as another person whose old stomping ground dried up, has been around for a while but hasn't played in forever (and I was personally never that good to begin with) and additionally only started two weeks ago - I think you'll find a good home here to scratch that writing itch. Well met!

I'm certain the higher ups will be around to help with any questions you might have but in the meantime my suggestions to hit the ground running will be to read up on the lore that interests you and begin the Character Sheet process which can feel very overwhelming at first but between the comprehensive guide and viewing other players templates, you will be on your way in no time.

Starting guide of course, being found here: http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Starting_Guide

That would be my recommended suggestion for starters! I still get overwhelmed still, but seeing it through has given me the chance to read and work with some amazing storytellers here. Most answers can be found in the wiki pages and people are happy to help when things get too confusing.

Nice to meet ya,

-A
Aerer
Player

Words: 42682
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2014, 1:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nael on September 11th, 2014, 5:30 am

Arigatou!

I sincerely appreciate the response! The information on this site is so extensive that I almost decided to go back into retirement...x.x"

However, I'm dangerously curious and very impressed by the obvious hard work what has been put into this site, so I will continue to press on in sponge mode. The war between jumping into the RP and getting a grip on where I am to better demonstrate my respect for this work of art is INTENSE! Lol. I suppose I'll work on the character sheet betwixt the gathering of lore.

Again, thanks for making me feel less lost and alone (oddly, I can relate to my species of choice in that way), and I hope to see you around!

Gratefully,

-Nael
Nael
A Beautiful Person Waiting to Happen

Words: 525
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2014, 4:23 am

Postby Aerer on September 11th, 2014, 1:59 pm

I very much understand that feeling! Thankfully that same barrier of entry really seems to limit powergaming and offer some unique characters so at least for me its been a worthwhile adventure.

Once again this is my opinionated two cents but: Don't feel obligated to know all the lore, often creating your CS will result in looking up items, history and whatever necessary to get you started. For example, I know very little about the magic of Mizahar as I don't use it with my character but I picked Lore of Alvadas Underground so knowing as much as possible about Alvadas's seedy underbelly was important to me. Also, read up as much as possible about the city you plan to reside in (both in the lore as well as some stickied posts in the forum) as Mizahar is a harsh place and knowing what might get you locked away or killed tends to be key ;)

Hopefully this is not information overload! I'm excited to see such a constant stream of new players and hope you get the chance to get as hooked as I am!
Aerer
Player

Words: 42682
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2014, 1:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook