[Khara's Scrapbook] Where is This Handbasket Headed?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Khara's Scrapbook] Where is This Handbasket Headed?

Postby Khara on July 24th, 2014, 7:15 pm

Yay Scrapbook!
Yep, figured I needed a little place to ramble as well. Nothing too fancy, probably more to just place the "Hey, I won't be here's!", random bits of writing inspiration I come across, and maybe the odd revelation I have about my three ladies that I need to get out of my head before I forget (Or my brain explodes. Either way.)

Away, a bit about me:

My name is Sarah, I'm... older than I want to admit but probably not as old as that makes me sound. I live in Los Angeles, California. I have an art degree that is wasting away under my day job that involves spreadsheets more often than not. I own a cat named Gozer. I am slightly fanatic over several shows and have been known to weep over far too many fictional characters.

The characters I write are:
  • Khara (in Wind Reach)
  • Dinah (in Endrykas) - on hold
  • Saidra (in Sunberth) - on hold
  • Luciana Avgerinos (in Ravok) - Who is on a bit of a haitus right now but I plan on picking back up. Eventually. Honest.
As far as rules for this for others? None...?
Feel free to comment, commiserate, and... *insert some other c-word here that makes sense*
Last edited by Khara on November 8th, 2015, 5:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Words: 660741
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2014, 6:17 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Where is This Handbasket Headed? [Khara/Luciana's Scrapbook]

Postby Luciana Avgerinos on July 24th, 2014, 7:31 pm

So... first thing's first, it being the main thing that finally nudged me into starting this scrapbook and while it only effects one person this year (Sorry Luc!) just wanted to throw it out there that I will be away until Sunday evening due to the madness that is Comic Con.

Wish me luck! I'm going to consider this a warmup for the full blown vacation I'm taking to Germany/other parts of Europe next month. Never been out of the country before so yay for that?

...I get this very sneaking suspicion I am going to have a lot of Placeholder threads for Summer activity. :paranoid:
Luciana Avgerinos
Player

Words: 12545
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2014, 2:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Estrellir Konrath on July 24th, 2014, 9:36 pm

Hi! I admire your first post's prettiness!

If you're ever in Austria during that vacation, feel free to message me. I live there and could serve as a tourist guide/interpreter/whatever. It'd be fun to meet a fellow Mizaharian too. :)
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Khara on August 12th, 2014, 12:13 am

So I posted this over in Wind Reach but figured it would be good to slap in here too for consistency sake... yep, the time has come! Starting Wednesday I'll be off over in Germany, possibly France, maybe other places, I have no idea as I'm not the designated tour guide (If we happen towards Austria, Estrellir, I'll definitely drop you a line!) all in all I'll be away from my miserable California heat for about a week and a half. I should have internet access while there and I'm sure I'll find it downright impossible to not post at least a little bit in the evenings so I shouldn't vanish entirely, but you never know.

Just wanted to let those I have threads with know indeed, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, just ventured to a different section of it for a little while.

In the Not-Me-News Front... some links I have been meaning to stick here to help me find them easier:

Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Khara on September 14th, 2014, 7:47 am

So I said I was gonna ramble, right?

Right now I'm trying out the new drawing tablet I picked up last night as I work on a new posting template that will mainly be used for Khara's Plotnotes, I think. But while doing so I felt I needed to listen to music.

Music is huge with my writing, as I'm sure it is for most people. I'm a bit to the point where almost every major character I've written as has their own little playlist and Khara is proving to be no exception to the rule.

Khara's a strange character for me, she's somewhat this amalgamation of various others I've written in different places and for different things. I find the fact that Mizahar has a reincarnation cycle to be very fitting with rationalizing it in my head. She's new to me, but also not new. I know what's come before to make her tick the way she does, but she isn't quite like the others and their lives aren't her life and so she still has plenty of surprises in store for me. The biggest example of that would be the overly timid nature she's taken on which is practically the opposite of ANY of the characters she's based on.

Where was I?

Ah. Yes. Music.

So, being that Khara is based on a few other ladies I've written I would have thought that her playlist would have started pulling from those ladies. But, it didn't happen. In fact, it was like it was refusing to happen. Now, it isn't the most original playlist. Obligatory video game, television, and movie mood music for the most part but I figured hey... why the hell not?

The thing about most of these pieces is some set an overall tone for me, and some have some very significant sort of scenes attached to them that I will eventually get to writing about. I'm just going to apologize now for the abundance of Jeremy Soul.

So...without further ado, a sampling of music from my "Khara" playlist:

Yeah, it's cliche as heck but it's still an awesome piece of music and really rather fitting to get my brain thinking about the mountains around Wind Reach.

I guess if Khara had a theme song at this point in time, this would be it? It's not the happiest sounding of songs, but there seems an edge of hope, peace, and a hint of whimsical nature to it that I find really goes along with Khara so far.

Been using this for a few threads now. I swear I have no concept of happy songs. Shush.

Does this one count as happy? I suppose? You know, for a change. More just mood music than anything overall.

I'm going to flat out say sorry for this one as it's somewhat iconic for those that know it? If you have no idea what it's from - awesome! If you do, just bare with me. Again, it's another piece of music that I've really grown to love and as far as in relation to Khara, it sets the scene to an as-of-yet unwritten Flashback thread.

Not necessarily relevant just yet but it accompanies a thread I have planned for later in the Fall season (If everything works out leading to it).

So yep. A bit of insight maybe? Or just some decent music. Either way!
Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Where is This Handbasket Headed? [Khara's Scrapbook]

Postby Khara on September 19th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Random morning thoughts - first edition

It's (almost) Autumn.

I'm standing in line for the second time this week.

How many salted caramel mochas will I end up drinking before this is all over?!

Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Khara on September 21st, 2014, 7:01 pm

Random morning thoughts - Second edition

Dang it, people. When I say PM me because I will forget because I am a lame, I mean it!

I am desperately trying to remember who was trying to convince me to make a character over in Kenash an I was all "FLASHBACK WITH MY DRYKAS!!! :D" at the last time I was in chat and I cannot for the life of me and I feel awful and want to shake my monitor and computer until the answer falls out.

So yes. I was too busy being befuddled by kind words about my writing and have been wracking my brain because I am a goof and don't want to accidentally PM the wrong person and have them be all "Who the petch are you?"

:paranoid:

Character insight for the day: Yeah, I may base a lot of Khara's nervousness on my own spazes. I'm gonna go hide in my cup of coffee now.
Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Khara on October 26th, 2014, 5:17 am

I'm not dead!

Yeah, just as that says, I know I've been a little MIA lately and that doesn't affect a ton of people but yep, not dead. Still here.

Work has been kicking my arse up and down and sideways and so on for the last few weeks and I don't think it's going to stop for another few more. HOWEVER... November is near upon us and whether NaNoWriMo takes place "officially" or not on Miz, I plan on being more active in general!

That being said... I think Luciana is getting put on a shelf until Winter. I still need to finish up my Summer job threads with her but I don't think I can focus on her a ton at the moment. Dinah I have already committed to over in Endrykas so if you have a character there by all means hit me up if you're interested in a thread or two! I'll need to get some fancy hunter jobs for her done soon if nothing else and would love to help sometime kill two birds with one stone type deal and make a joint thing.

Which brings me to Khara... who I want to make active like crazy even though Wind Reach isn't the most active place. That being said... if you need flashbacks there and have any interest in my shy, awkward little Chiet being a part of them please don't be afraid to throw a PM my way. I'm trying to get better about asking people in general myself as well but... I'm a lame and shy and such? :lol:

So yep, that's pretty much it. I shall end this post with a picture of something I won in a private auction thingie at a wine tasting today that just made my day.

Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Khara on November 16th, 2014, 1:09 am

On NaNos and Houses

So as it's now the middle of the month, I'd like to think I'm fairly on track towards my word count for NaNoWriMo (Should it just be NaWriMo? No novels? Maybe NaRPWriMo? NaPoWriMo? Na-Don't-Go-Insane-Mo?), I'm just about halfway there and while some of you guys have completely blown me away with your word counts (you guys and gals rock so hard <3 ) I feel pretty darn proud in what I've accomplished so far.

Along that note, I cannot thank those enough who are threading with me for their continued patience in maybe not starting threads/replying as fast as I would love to. Aside from my job being insane at the moment, I also am in the process of purchasing a house. Escrow started on the 10th of this month and I am just now getting into the "Dear God I have to sign HOW MANY times?" paperwork stage of things. Everything is looking pretty good, but that doesn't seem to want to stop the obscene stress I'm throwing upon myself, apparently.

What this also means is that December will be crazy with moving (possibly... hopefully!) so some things that I had planned (I'm looking at you, Sunberthians) may have to wait a bit longer than I wanted them to. Not entirely certain of that fact yet but I did want to give anyone doing threads with me/planning on threads with me to know because I figure that's just the right thing to do. Or something. :paranoid:

So yep, that's about it! Think that's enough of my ramblings for this time around. Good luck on the next 15 days to my fellow WriMos!
Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Khara on December 9th, 2014, 5:31 am

Holy crap house buying

Well that progressed far faster than I expected and was far less painful a process than I have ever heard of it to be, apparently. So not very long story super shortened, the house I was attempting to purchase just went through. Finished signing some paperwork tonight and just have some final closing to do but the keys will be in my hand on Friday.

What this means is, aside from me probably being a bit of a basketcase the two weeks or so as I get settled, I am going to be packing all this week and moving on Saturday/Sunday which will inevitably lead to at least a handful of days of internet downtime. While I do have a tablet with a keyboard, I am not quite sure how much energy I will have left in me to post. So while there seems to be a slowdown in general thanks to post-Nano and finals and the like going on, I apparently will be joining the slump. I'll probably add something into my various character signatures if it gets seriously crazy.

In the meantime, wish me luck! Moving is ...well.. it's moving.
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next