[Please Add To] Plant List for Mizahar!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Nyctea on August 21st, 2012, 12:58 am

Cattails, the usual Orchid plants from Taloba, and pine nuts. Hope this helps!

~N.
Nyctea
This game is wild.

Words: 20097
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2012, 9:01 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bright Detone on January 12th, 2013, 8:41 pm

I guess I would call them Tekk Berries, I wrote about them in this unfinished thread. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic11725.html. They cause if eaten: nausea, vomiting, halucinations (for several hours), and are very addictings, but if they are crushed they make a slimy black liquid which works wonders for burn ointment.
Bright Detone
Don't let the name fool you.

Words: 7449
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2011, 1:59 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Vaspira on January 12th, 2013, 11:02 pm

If this idea has already been spoken or is already on the sight, ignore me.

But I think it would be a good idea to have roses on the plant list, but not like the normal roses in every day life. The petals should be welcoming, multiple colors like that of the rainbow, with a pleasant beckoning fragrance to entice people. But the thorns on the stem should be poisonous, a single prick from a thorn causing vomiting, diarrhea, severe fever and headaches, body tremors, and if left untreated for 3 days death.

The thorns on the plant can be used in poisons, the petals can be used for fragrance making. It would be a weird and diverse plant, that had a good and bad side to it. Just an idea :)

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Delani Denusk on June 15th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Plants that'll be used in To Know is Bliss/Alone I walk

Cyphrus bundle flower: used in cyphrus as an anti-itch salve in combination with the barbed coneflower. Stems are crushed and mixed with a few teaspoons of water.

Barbed coneflower: powerful anti-inflammatory when used in conjunction with the cyphrus bundle flower. Useful as an analgesic as well. Flowers are washed and crushed to remove any nettles that may be on the petals or leaves.

Synaflower: edible seeds, sometimes edible tubers (cooked or raw). No medicinal value.

Purple Trumpet rose: well known treatment for colds and fevers. Commonly given to women after childbirth in the form of a tea.
Delani Denusk
Player

Words: 187725
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2013, 6:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby M'Wanii on November 23rd, 2013, 8:30 pm

Eaten in this thread

Sugar kelp - A large brown/green long single leafed species of seaweed. Its name comes from the fact that if dried out, the leaf will be covered in a white sweet powder. (OOC: which was used as a sweetener in old fashioned chewing gum)

[Edit: Just realised I probably shouldn't have added this to this thread since it's a real world plant. Whoops. >.<]
Last edited by M'Wanii on June 13th, 2015, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Char Common Fratava
ImageImageImage
14/9 threads
M'Wanii
Landdwellers are strange people

Words: 70579
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Postby Lariza on August 29th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Not eaten in this thread

Scarlett seaweed - Also known as "Bloody death". A small red seaweed growing in tufts near corals in the reefs around Cahrbosi. When eaten it causes severe bleedings in the inner organs after a few hours, leading to death. One plant has enough poison to kill a hundred individuals.
Lariza
Player

Words: 23059
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2014, 2:49 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Orin Fenix on March 14th, 2015, 1:55 pm

Wasn't sure if this thread applied to plants in the price list that do not have a complete physical description or even if this is still active. If either of those are untrue, disregard this post.

Otherwise, in this thread, third post down, Orin gathers some batonal. Don't really know much about plants in real life but I tried to flesh it out as much as I could.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Tanna on May 31st, 2015, 7:08 am

I mentioned knit-bone here.
It's comfrey, likely a L1 common herb and found in damp, grassy places like along the Avitar and Bluevein Rivers.
I couldn't find anything truly like it in the herb list.
Tanna
words & whims

Words: 114416
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2015, 12:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Arandia on June 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm

Nabato Oak in this thread described as being an oak with branches raised up and out. Dark grey bark. When cut the sap bleeds bright yellow, like honey, and tastes sweet like maple, with a distinct herby, woody taste. The sap can be used to make candies or can be taken raw. The wood of the Nabato Oak is strong and can be used to make fences, bolsters, splints, etc, though is probably not very widely used for furniture because of the unattractive color of its bark. Found in Riverfall and across the Sea of Grass.
Played by: M.D.
Character Model: Golshifteh Farahani
Arandia
Girlchild

Words: 27742
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:29 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dravite on June 18th, 2015, 3:35 am

Voodoo Moss is a potent hallucinogenic made from drying black 'Voovoo Moss' which grows on trees in humid to subtropical climates, such as the jungle, or the plains of Cyphrus after rare, summer storms. Doctors use the moss on people who are experiencing an intolerable amount of pain, usually after loss of limb, or to offer them some relief just before death. The moss is dried and activated by burning or mixing with boiling water. There is no telling what a person might imagine or 'see' under the spell of Voodoo Moss, but they should be watched or contained until the effects wear off. Recreational use of the substance is frowned upon in most cultures.
Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)