Show Off Your NaNo Helpers! (Calendars, Programs, etc!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains all the NaNo threads from years gone past. Thus far we have only 2011 archived! But hopefully we'll have a ton more forthcoming as the years go by and NaNo's come and go.

Moderator: Traverse

Postby Gossamer on November 1st, 2014, 3:44 pm

Hello NaNo Folks!

This thread is to show off your NaNo creations, helper programs, and all kinds of fun things involving NaNo since its now in full swing.

We can even warp this into a Calendar Contest if we want too. :)

I wanted to let people know about "Write Or Die" as a program. Its a fantastic writer's aid that lets you program in how many words you want to write, how fast you want to write them, and it punishes you if you stop or pause. How? It starts changing color, shrieking like crying babies, nails on chalkboard, etc. I love using it during NaNo. I've also created several calendars to assist my word goals. I tend to do 100K so I doubled the word goals on mine.

What are your tools and tricks? Do you have favorite brews or snacks for NaNo? Show some love and encourage your favorite NaNo friends.

My Goss Calender that's now my desktop background:

The one I made for Kavala:

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Lucian Hill on November 1st, 2014, 8:15 pm

I use a program called Q10 - it basically blacks out your whole screen for writing and has a little word counter at the bottom. I've been using it for every post lately, and it helps me a lot. I also made a calendar for my 2,000 words a day goal. As for snacks...I'm probably going to be drinking ginger ale and tea A LOT. And making a lot of quick and easy sandwiches so I don't waste my free time doing such things like 'cooking'.

Secret :

Lucian Hill
Over many a quaint and curious volume

Words: 51909
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)