Free cookies!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Free cookies!

Postby Devi on November 15th, 2014, 10:06 pm

Sorry, the cookies were a lie. Hi though!

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called! My character name - Devi (or Deviana)

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any? I spent a good few years RP’ing on a smaller play-by-post forum, making such a pest out of myself that I became a Character Mod and later a Realm Dev Mod. It was a lovely setting and a great bunch of people but activity on the site dwindled to the point that it became more work than pleasure. I experimented and developed my writing a lot there though and recently started to get the urge again, for both writing and other writers.

3. How did you find us? Copious amounts of Googling.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? Subject-wise – this kind of fantasy setting (sometimes with a dab of sci-fi). Method-wise – play by post, absolutely!

5. What do you like to write about - not write about? I’m a sucker for ‘overcoming adversity’ stories. I like to write about people, to really dig into a character’s persona, what makes them tick, where their passions lie. It’s one reason I like play-by-post so much because every character you meet has as much thought put into their actions as you put into your own.
Adversely I don’t like writing without any obstacles in my path. Where’s the fun without causing a little trouble?

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? The level of detail and the feel of community, even before delving in too deep. Most of the sites I visited before this one seemed like confusing masses of posts. Mizahar has more of a personality right from the homepage and seems a little more alive (which is a great relief when you have an entire setting to grow accustomed to!).

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? Nothing as yet. I’m a stickler for details though so I can see getting to know the setting as much as I’ll want to will take a WHILE.

8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience? Writing for the sheer pleasure of it, getting to know some of the nutcases I’ve seen evidence of (yes I see you there, lurking in your nutty ways).

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded? It would be useful to have a light version of the lore – not as a shortcut, more to give someone a basic grounding on the whole world before delving into more detail. Sort of like the Things You Need to Know page but for in-character detail.

10. Anything else you want to talk about? I’ve recently discovered mug brownies. That’s right, brownie in a mug. Mind. Blown. (Belly. Full.)
Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Free cookies!

Postby Aventis on November 16th, 2014, 1:05 am

Well, don't you sound like a valuable asset?

Heya, Devi! Welcome to Mizahar! *Unleashes confetti*

You seem a nice girl and an experienced author. Awesome. But, more than that, you've got experience on an RP site, which is beautiful. I want you to settle right in, so I suggest looking at the lores, reading your Welcome PM to the point where you can recite it by heart, and PM me if ever you find yourself in the wonderful city of Syliras.

Again, welcome, and happy writing!
Last edited by Aventis on November 17th, 2014, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Free cookies!

Postby Devi on November 16th, 2014, 10:48 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

.. I'm reading, I'm reading! *gets back to work*
Devi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Free cookies!

Postby Aventis on November 17th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Addagirl!

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Free cookies!

Postby Aliara Cantrell on November 18th, 2014, 12:10 am

COOKIES?!
ImageImageImage
Aliara Cantrell
The Dreamer

Words: 114345
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2014, 2:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Free cookies!

Postby Devi on November 18th, 2014, 10:47 pm

Whaaa- Uhm.

Tadahh?!

:D
Devi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Free cookies!

Postby Nivel on November 19th, 2014, 4:43 am

omg those cookies look adorable!
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Free cookies!

Postby Imellion on November 19th, 2014, 3:58 pm

Devi wrote:

5. What do you like to write about - not write about? I’m a sucker for ‘overcoming adversity’ stories. I like to write about people, to really dig into a character’s persona, what makes them tick, where their passions lie.

Hello and welcome! I can definitely guarantee you at least one long, drawn out overcoming adversity story, although there are undoubtedly more. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Avatar and post template by Avarice, Sig by Aydel
Threads: 2/3
Imellion
Player

Words: 62148
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2014, 4:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Free cookies!

Postby Devi on November 23rd, 2014, 2:07 pm

I'll hold you to that ;)
Devi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Free cookies!

Postby Imellion on November 29th, 2014, 6:10 am

I'll try to live up to it then. Looking forward to seeing you in Mizahar!

Avatar and post template by Avarice, Sig by Aydel
Threads: 2/3
Imellion
Player

Words: 62148
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2014, 4:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes