Closed Teachings about the wonders of new life(Markus)

Our hero and healer meet with a challenge

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Teachings about the wonders of new life(Markus)

Postby S'Essy on November 25th, 2014, 8:17 pm

AV 514, fall 75th

Morwen's journey around Mizahar was about to start soon. The weather were getting chillier as the end of the Fall was near here. S'Essy knew she would have to get some new clothes for the winter. Part because she had to get ready for the cold winter, which was surely not friendly here and soon their baby's would start to grow inside of her. She found it unfortunate that they still couldn't finish their business here, and that she had stay in this condition in Sunberth. But the gods wanted this way, she had to overcome these challenges. And before everything, she had to help to deliver a baby this time.

Though not in the Quay. The money was paid, she had to go to the patient's house personally which was a worrying thought. The Quay could protect her and she didn't have any problem so far, but outside of it could be a problem. She could never be safe and she had to be more careful now more than ever. Luckily her lover was kind enough to join her this time to protect the Healer from anything if something happens and things wouldn't turn out the way it should. Someone she could always rely on.

She was packing her kits ready for use. She didn't know what needed, so she brought both of them, preparing for the worst in this also. The kits were ready in her room. She was dressing up warmly, put up her cloak and put her white bandanna on her forehead also, hiding her gnosis mark. Nobody had to know in the streets. Sometimes she felt it would be easier to pretend and play a role, but she was sure Markus would have been against it as always.

She gave a sigh and turned to him with a smile. "Shall we go? And thank you for coming. Hope everything will go alright." She said, then gave him a quick kiss and when he was ready they would leave the Quay. The only place she could feel safe and free a bit. She was trying to remember what streets did the man told her about. Where to turn, where to go, which house to go. So they were really slow as she was hesitating and was trying to focus on it. But after a few chimes it went smoothly. After a little time in Sunberth she knew the city and the streets.

"Well at least you will know a thing or two how birth goes. From what I heard from you, you'll need it. No offense." She chuckled and grabbed his hand. She was caressing it. It was still a strange thought in her mind. Bearing his child in herself. "Though our is a bit different. So don't freak out if I wanna run into the Laviku's water or if I demand a bath of salt water to give birth." She winked and then her face turned a bit serious as they arrived to the house. Before she knocked in she still talked to him. "Okay dear. I know I can trust you just a few things. We will go with my... well my goddess' rules here. And if I say do something, please do it! I want her to bring this child safe and well." With that, she took a deep breath and knocked the door.
Last edited by S'Essy on December 6th, 2014, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on November 25th, 2014, 11:49 pm

If S'Essy had been uneasy about her leaving the Quay, the prospect had been downright frightening to the knight. He knew the streets were dangerous, had his own perilous run in with bandits and other scum of the city and anyone dumb enough to attack someone his size - wouldn't think twice about attacking his dear lover. His dear pregnant lover. He felt a little giddy feeling at the thought once more. He was to be a father! Still a foreign thought. Something he had not expected. Nor the downside, the revelation that had come. But he had learnt to live with that aspect. S'Essy was worth it and Blythe and Sondra had shown him that Konti could be fierce beyond belief and excellent combatants. Maybe he could train their kiddo in martial arts while S'Essy thought them to take care of others. Self defence and medicine. He shook his head gently when words were spoken at him. Without realizing it he had been staring at the wall for the past many ticks. He still needed to get his chainmail vest and belt on. His weapons as well. Many things.

"Not yet, give me a chime." The quick kiss only make him fonder of his healer and a soft smile appeared as he hurried with the last things. At least he had decided not to get the steel plate chest piece, that would have delayed them further. The chains fell down and he pulled out some that had gotten stuck. He found his belt, tightened it and finally found his sword and shield. "Ready." He followed in the wake of S'Essy, a hand reached out and grabbed his cloak on the way out. He threw it over his shoulders and fastened it too. It was getting chilly out, but not yet the full brunt of Morwen's divinity. He pondered how winters were in Sunberth. He only knew of winters in Syliras, Zeltiva and Mura and those places had vastly different winters. Seemed he would be experiencing a fourth city during winter. He saw the white bandanna of his lover and pondered about it for a brief tick before a sly smile came across his lips. Clever girl. Covering up what might make her fetch a higher price. Lower the risk of people dying trying to get to her.

The walk on the street was silent. Kvist kept his gaze upon the alleys, upon the pedestrians, searching for weapons, telling glances, suspicious behaviour. And generally he tried to look as big and intimidating as he possibly could. The Peacekeeper was not hidden, but instead the hilt could be seen protruding from the cloak. He was a knight and his job was to defend the innocent from the vile shyke of Rhysol and his kin. Thus far in this city, the only innocence he had found, was what he had brought with him and she walked beside him. Her smaller hand caressing his after she bluntly told him he knew nothing of child births. Which was as close to the truth it got.

"Honey, I think child births is one of those miracles I feel better about not knowing about."

He locked eyes with his lover when she mentioned running off to the water. Eyes furrowed confused as a single thought echoed around his mind. What?

"I... Okay. I will have a tub of salt water ready then. Just in case." He still didn't understand, but he had no intention of asking any questions. Kontis were weird sometimes and he had come to accept that. "Yes sera." His back straightened to knightly absurdity. "And don't worry honey, my master told me that a doctor outranks everyone in the operating room." The joke mingled with an assurance and a gentle squeeze of her hand. He still pondered on the absurdity of a Konti running to the ocean when fully pregnant and her belly big and round. Absurdity mired with a little humour. But the knight put on his most pleasant casual look. He was there to help S'Essy, so he would let the healer show her abilities as a mid-wife.

Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on December 6th, 2014, 2:56 pm

She looked funny at him when he said he feels better not knowing about child births. She couldn't imagine what's going on. "Yeah because the process of doing is so much better I get it. Seriously Kvist, you can't avoid this time." She was teasing him but by this time, she got used that not everyone could handle these things. But the sergeant knight? She just couldn't imagine that. In her head it was just unbelievable to see and heard.

But she found similar look in his eyes when she told him about their birth. Was it unbelievable for him? The Konti was quite serious about it. She remembered though that he knew not much about pregnancy and these things, even less about her race's. "Thank you. But I'm serious here. Don't worry, we have gills and scales after all. Your child will be a better swimmer at birth than you." She said as she tried to sound less serious. She couldn't blame him at all, she didn't know everything either. She also chuckled at his answer. "Your master is a smart man. I do outrank you this time. Which is a strange thing to say."

After the knock they had to wait a few ticks till a thin, pale man opened the door. It was the man she had met with. "Finally you are here! Please, the contractions started not long ago, the baby is coming soon." Said the skinny man and his eyes narrowed when he noticed her lover. "I didn't hire a mercenary, or who is this? You can't take away these things for me!" S'Essy remained calmed and was smiling still. "Don't worry, he is here to help me. His name is Kvist, and he won't do anything unless I say so okay?" She said patiently. The man nodded and lead them in the house.

S'Essy turned to the knight for a moment. "Then Rak'keli's rules. I don't expect you to smile, but no judging and you don't attack only for our self-defense." The healer's smile remained but her tone was tough. She didn't accept any complaints from him. She followed the man in the house. Surely not rich, and not the best house she has ever seen. It was very cold and old. Not very cozy and comfy at all. It was just sad to even look at it so she tried to not focus on it, she had two lives to keep safe which was not an easy task.

They arrived to a bedroom where the mother was lying and resting. She took breaths more quickly, S'Essy could see that. She took down her kits and placed her hand on the lady's forehead. It was very hot. "I'm here. Can you tell me when the contractions started?" The woman looked up at her. She was obviously focusing the event which would happy soon. "Around morning I think. Please help!" She answered. Morning, so the baby was coming real soon now. S'Essy was still smiling. "Don't worry, it will be alright. You'll have a beautiful baby."

From the woman she turned to the skinny man. He kinda reminded her of Eleazar. "Could you bring me a bowl of water and a towel or two? Maybe just clean cloths please." The man without answering turned around and did as she asked. S'Essy had to wait. She just hoped there would be no complications. Thank god she could purify them with her healing. The man came back with the bowl of water and a few cloths. She grabbed one of them, put it under water, stroke the water out of it and placed it on the woman's forehead.

"And now the waiting game." She pulled a chair next to her bed and was waiting patiently.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on December 6th, 2014, 3:58 pm

"Hey, I am here now, aren't I? Don't worry, I am not leaving." Still. A child birth. Kvist could think of things he'd rather see than such an occurrence. Imagination already at play as childhood memories followed. Quickly subdued and ignored in favour of the present. He was there to protect S'Essy and to do as she commanded. It was easy for Kvist to fall into the subservient role he had held for much of his life. Orders were orders and today S'Essy was not only his lover, but also, and primarily, his superior. She knew more than him about medicine and child birth, it made sense that she gave the orders there. If someone kicked in the door brandishing an axe - That was where Kvist shone. He would have a swimmer as a baby. Who would take after her mother and enjoy the waters of Laviku. Kvist had not yet gotten used to that fact. To enjoy both his lovers and daughters favourite pass time - well, his lover's secondary favourite pastime, for at this point Kvist hoped she enjoyed certain activities more than her swim. - But he would have to learn how to swim. Which meant entering the water.

"A cripple could swim better than me, honey. And it is the duty of a parent to help their children surpass them~ I suppose I am so awesome, that I've helped my daughter surpass me upon birth." There was a short grin before a door creaked. Unless S'Essy pursued the subject while in presence of other people. Her pregnancy was not yet visible, as such they hadn't really told anyone beyond the nearest people.

The man of the house opened the door and the gaze to the knight told Kvist everything he needed to know. But the man was thin, very pale. Not one to step outside his door unless needed. With all the fighting that had been going on, he could understand why the civilians would rather stay in doors and let the gangs have their fight for themselves. Kvist also felt a little better knowing that those who had no interest in the gang squabble kept in doors. That meant they did not stain themselves upon his blade. Kvist didn't bother respond to the man, he was interested in seeing S'Essy step in and respond. So kept a pleasant smile on his lips and a little nod of his head when S'Essy came to his rescue. She did a good job, it was rare Kvist saw her interact with strangers. Hadn't seen her on her job other than when he was on the receiving end of the divine magic.

"Pleasure to meet you."

Kvist followed inside the house and closed the door behind them. Seemed the people he was meant to protect had gone up to three people. S'Essy informed him of the rules, no aggressive fighting. He wondered if she thought he was a thug and not a knight. But he just nodded before he found a place by the wall. Away from the pregnant woman - well, women. Away from them all so he would not be in their way. S'Essy was doing a good job. Calming the woman and she behaved professionally. But he would remain where he was, by the wall and observing the deal and eyes upon the window. Shifting between the two. Also keeping an eye on the, assumed, husband of the labouring woman. The city had taught him not to trust anyone. Especially not trust them with S'Essy's safety.

Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on December 12th, 2014, 5:04 pm

She crossed her legs and her arms and was just staring in front of her. She wasn't really there in thoughts, she was just thinking about deeply. Every since she told Kvist about her pregnancy, she couldn't think anything else but the many scenarios how this would change their life. And every thoughts were just scary for her. Was it natural that she didn't feel ready to be a mother? That she felt she would be a bad mother? She didn't want to share it with her lover, it wasn't something she wanted. She wished her mother was there to help her, give her advice. She wanted to get out from Sunberth and go to Mura for a little visit. She missed it, and she missed her mother.

She gave out a big sigh and placed her face onto her hands. Like if she could hide from the place, from the people there this way. No she had to focus, she was a Healer and she had to put her troubles aside. She had a lot of time to get used to the thought, be it any strange to her. She looked up to the woman, who was taking breaths deeply. S'Essy was smiling again a bit. "Are you alright?" The woman didn't look back at her, she was focusing. "This isn't the first time, I can do this." S'Essy just chuckled. "Sure you can."

Then her attention went to the knight, who just standing by the wall, away from them. She stood up and walked towards him. He agreed to come with her to protect but nothing really happened. Maybe because his mere presence was enough. "Thank you, we will finish soon and I guess this will be a new experience for you too." She placed her hands on his shoulders, give a kiss on his cheek and gazing at his eyes. "Have you ever been thinking about being a father? I can't sto-.." She was interrupted with a big "AAAAH!" from the woman.

Without thinking she ran there and left Kvist alone. "What's wrong?" She asked quickly. "It's time, the baby is coming. Aah.." She went to the end of the bed, pulled up the blanket to check out how it looked. "Good, good you are fully dilated and the baby seems to be in a good position also." She said, her full focus was on the baby and the mother. She had to take care for two lives. "Kvist, I want you to come here to this woman please. " She turned around to the husband. "Please bring some water to me but hot this time and a little blanket if you could." She said and she turned back the Konti noticed the knight didn't move at all. Her tone changed from sweet. "KVIST! I said you come to this lady, and you do it RIGHT NOW!"

She waited till he finally did as she command. "Great, now, grab his hand and hold it as strong as you wish. Pierce your nails if you want, he can endure much." S'Essy would have asked the husband, but he was weak and tired, her lover was just perfect and at least he could experience it. The woman did as the Healer asked, she didn't have the energy to ask or refuse, she was focusing on the baby in her belly. "Good job and push!" And so she did as the husband brought the warm water and the blanket. S'Essy didn't look up. "Thank you, sit down a bit please. You need to rest."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on December 17th, 2014, 9:43 pm

Kvist looked at S'Essy when she sighed. Was his jokes so terrible that it removed her always cheerful attitude. There was concern in his emerald eyes as he observed his lover. Something bothered her, but he couldn't put his finger on what exactly. The situation wasn't ideal for a talk, they were surrounded by strangers. One of them giving birth. It was by no means ideal. He could wait until S'Essy was done working. Best to let her focus upon the pregnant woman and delivering the baby. He didn't want to be the cause of any distractions and turn these people's lives into nightmares. The city had enough suffering without him adding to it with idiocy. So by the wall he stood silently and kept his attention on the doors and windows. Something he had gotten quite used to as a mercenary in a city where it seemed everyone wanted to kill their neighbour for a pair of slippers.

Kvist was a little worried that he was actually liking the constant threat of peril in the city. Always on edge, ready to draw the blade and defend himself from some nut job looking for an easy pay day. He got tunnel vision as he looked out the window. Focus on nothing as his mind simply raced by, thoughts chasing thoughts without ever lingering for him thinking deeply about anything. He was not cut out for standing in a room with a pregnant lady. He wasn't entirely too fond of it. Anything to distract him was welcome. Words spoken. Words not heard. Arms on his shoulder and he blinked. Returned to the world around them. His lover was near. Arms on his shoulder. Was it over? Had the baby been delivered. How long had he zoned out for? There was a question. He considered the question, but before any response could be given, she was cut off by the pregnant woman. No. The baby had not been delivered yet. Kvist stared. He stared hard as his lover began to work. She moved quickly. Voice full of care and empathy. But proffessional. He was stunned by the way she moved. Quick to assume command, order people around. He was too awestruck to hear her the first time around as he stared at the pregnant human woman.

'Kvist!'

The knight snapped out of it. Listened to the commands of his superior in this situation. He stepped over beside the woman. Looked at S'Essy when she gave the rest of the order, aimed at the woman and not him. Had Kvist done something wrong for her to want to punish him like this? Was there a specific reason behind her wanting the woman to dig in her nails? Kvist tentatively offered his hand to the woman whose hand immediately clenched on to his hand. Years of swordsplay and training had left his hands endurable. But a woman who overrode much of her natural inhibitors when the pain flooded through her didn't care about that. Nails dug in. Fingers clenched. Kvist grimaced as he bit down the urge to pull his hand to himself. Still wondering if S'Essy held some sort of grudge against him.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on December 18th, 2014, 8:17 pm

The man was just shaking his head. "No I'm fine, I'm fine and I'm not comfortable her holding him." He said, made an irritated look towards Markus. S'Essy didn't really look up, she was more focusing what was good for the woman and the baby. "I'm sorry, but you are currently weak. I promise it will be fine, I'll help your baby to come to this world and you won't see us." The only offer she could make. The man didn't say anything but he seemed to accept that term. She could see the head already. It was time. "Take a deep breath and push! " Ordered S'Essy and extended her hands towards the baby's head awaiting for the arrival.

The woman was pushing hard, the room was filled with her loud voice. S'Essy only took a quick glance towards her lover, seeing his face. She wanted him to see it, maybe this would help him understand it more. The possible nails in his arm was just extra. A tiny fragment of what this woman was going through.

"You are great, push more!" S'Essy said again. Needed to encourage her a bit. The head was out, S'Essy held it and waiting for the woman to push harder. Only ticks and it would be over. The baby was arriving and S'Essy couldn't help but smile a bit. She would go through the same in underwater and it was a strange thought. It was very strange but she couldn't help and smile about it. The woman took another deep breath and made a big push, which was enough. S'Essy gently grabbed the baby and pulled it. He was out! And she showed up the newborn covered in blood. He was crying loudly, was breathing! "A baby boy! Congratulation!! Kvist, scissors please from my kit!" She said loudly and was smiling.

While she was waiting for the scissors to cut the navel cord, she healed the woman's genitals. She felt she needs to cleanse it.Then she washed the baby a bit in the warm water, she was careful, like he would be hers. After Kvist brought the scissors, she could cut the navel cord and she dried the baby. The husband already brought the blanket to wrap him in and S'Essy placed on the mother. Who was just resting and was happy she was through it and have a baby boy. And before S'Essy could do or say anything else the man turned to them. "Thank you, now please if you could leave we can take care of it after this." S'Essy was confused and she wanted to stay for a few moment. "But I wo--.." But he interrupted and pushed them out from the room. "No.. please! This enough, we don't want any trouble." She quickly packed her kit and grabbed her cloak.

The Konti was confused and found herself out of the house. For a few moments she didn't know what was going on. She took on her cloak and turned to Kvist."Trouble? These people are so paranoid... Well, thank you for coming! I hope you have some ideas now about this whole thing." The smile on her face came back after the confusion. "I think we earned some rest, let's go back to the Quay. I'm hungry." She said and grabbed his hand.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on December 20th, 2014, 1:04 am

Kvist didn't bother with the husband. Or father. Whatever he was, if he wanted to start trouble because he was ensuring her wife, daughter, whatever- was having as easy an birth as possible, he would do whatever S'Essy said to bring this baby into the world. Even if it meant his hands would be bleeding from nails digging through his thick skin. But he ignored the pain and the pain of listening to the husband. He put his other hand on top of her hand and patted it gently. Tried his best to give her his moral support to the woman. Eyes shifted between S'Essy and the woman. Between the proffesional woman he loved and a complete stranger where he was going to witness her giving birth. It seemed like a strangely intimate moment he was going to take part in. He could understand the man's reservations, but his was stupid jealousy and not care for the child coming to the world. Insignificant and the mercenary hoped the man would be foolish enough to berate Kvist for his presence. Kvist looked to the obvious pain and discomfort in the woman's face as she pushed. The quick and rapid breaths as she did as the doctor told her to. There was a deep breath and a push.

Kvist had never realized the pain a woman went through during labour. The pain on her face as she did her best to give birth was immense. Perhaps he felt it all the more acutely because of the nails digging ever further into his skin. Drawing blood here and there as they found friction to help them support further digging. But it was insignificant to her pain. The grunts. The pain. Compressions and folds in her face. Sweat appearing despite the colder weather. The colour. The heaving of her chest. All this his lover would have to go through. Kvist took a deep breath as he grimaced due to a particular painful jab of nails.

In three seasons the woman on the bed would be S'Essy, the woman at the end would be... Kvist had no idea. But he wasn't sure if he wanted to witness S'Essy in this manner. Her beautiful face twisted with pain. It was bad enough to stand there and witness it without doing nothing but having her nails dig into him. Too preoccupied with the current situation to further thing of why S'Essy had told her to dig her nails in. S'Essy ordered and the woman delivered, in more ways than one. Out came the baby. Crying already. A sign of life. The woman seemed relieved. Obviously. Kvist looked at the baby in a mix of horror and relief. How something so covered in blood could be alive was beyond him, but it must be from the mother. Blood and other things that he couldn't accurately describe. He was stunned when he heard his name. Orders from S'Essy. Scissor. Yes sera. He looked through her things. Found the scissors and handed them over to S'Essy. Let her do the work, he would probably mess it up somehow.

Barely had the woman given birth before the father shooed them out of there. Wanting to handle it alone. The Sunberthian way it seemed. Self sufficiency and anarchy. Rather than simple order to it all. Give birth. Check up. Baby's health ensured. Mother's survival heightened. But S'Essy complied while Kvist looked a lot less thrilled about the ordeal. Perhaps a good smack across the cheek would make the man become a little wiser. Kvist left the room with the newborn life with his lover who carried his baby inside of her. He didn't like the idea of her in such pain. Not at all. But she left and Kvist followed her.

"This city baffles me sometimes." He flinched when she grabbed his hand. There was red spots where some blood had seeped out through the minor holes the woman had caused. He smiled to his darling, for once he wasn't really interested in 'resting' with the beautiful woman. Seeing a live birth like that - not his cup of tea. Maybe later. But actually sitting down, getting an actual cup of tea would be good. Get some warmth. Talk about something easy. "Sounds good with me. Need to sit down after that." Kvist paused a little. "Oh petch... Something tells me I will be the one to hold your hand as well~" He grimaced before sending her a sly smile and pecked her on the cheek.

Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Shakune on April 2nd, 2015, 2:39 pm

SEssy
Skills
Socialization +1
Rhetoric +2
Obervation +2
Leadership +3
Medicine +3

Lores
Outranking a knight
Birth: Just a waiting game
An expectant mother's fear
Medicine: birthing a baby
Medicine: Cutting the umbilical cord

Other
Please let me know if you'd prefer I change the medicine skill to midwifery :)

Markus
Lores
The excitement of a father-to-be
Child-birth: not my cup od tea!
Being outranked by a doctor
S'Essy: lover and superior
Sunberth: The city that baffles

Skills
Intimidation +1
Socialisation +2
Tactics +1

Other
A few scars on mark from the woman's nails. Would heal after a few days

If you have any concerns about your grades, don't hesitate to send me a PM. Also, please remember to delete your grade request.
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)