Looking For a City

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Looking For a City

Postby Nicodimus Loradi on December 13th, 2014, 1:49 am

I'm aware of how Reimancy works, Ice is a primary element for him personally because he uses it almost exclusively. In terms of learning it was water then air.
To be told is to know but to experience, that is the beginning of true wisdom... and there is no knowledge that is not power. ~ Nicodimus Loradi
Nicodimus Loradi
Player

Words: 5854
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2014, 10:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Looking For a City

Postby Evalin on December 13th, 2014, 1:53 am

There is nothing wrong with saying Ice is his primary elements. When reimancers say "primary" element generally they mean the one they use the most. Evalin's primary elements are Both Ice and Fire. If you are a long standing player here on the site please be more courteous when replying to these introduction threads. We should help and guide newer players not shoot them down right out the gate.

Welcome to mizahar please enjoy your stay :-). Lhavit is under some heavy revisions right now but it does offer some positions for reimancy but that will be expanded through December. I know a few other cities do employ reimancers including Syliras and Riverfall. Maybe try there ^.^
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Looking For a City

Postby Keene Ward on December 13th, 2014, 2:30 am

Oh riverfall! You could do ice sculptures with ice reimancy there for money maybe? I had a hard time thinking of anywhere but Sahova to start, but I hope you find the best city fit for you. :) Good luck!
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Looking For a City

Postby Gossamer on December 13th, 2014, 2:52 am

The whole point in being 'new' is learning. People, give him a chance! Jumping into Miz is hard enough because we have a lot... and I do mean a lot... of reading to get through to even start.

Believe me, we want to help. Thanks for posting your CS. It gives us more to go on. With your character being emotionless in demeanor and somewhat normal in appearance but reserved, I'd suggest switching out one of your secondary skills for teaching and see if you couldn't get on at say one of the schools in say Lhavit or maybe Zeltiva if they still have any sort of reimancy program.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Looking For a City

Postby Keene Ward on December 13th, 2014, 2:56 am

Does the school in Ravok teach reimancy? I feel like that city would be a good fit for his personality.
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Looking For a City

Postby Nicodimus Loradi on December 13th, 2014, 2:59 am

I'm looking into Riverfall and Ravok both
To be told is to know but to experience, that is the beginning of true wisdom... and there is no knowledge that is not power. ~ Nicodimus Loradi
Nicodimus Loradi
Player

Words: 5854
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2014, 10:29 am
Character sheet

Looking For a City

Postby Keene Ward on December 13th, 2014, 3:02 am

They're both excellent cities: magic lake or shiny waterfalls. ;D
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Looking For a City

Postby Nivel on December 13th, 2014, 3:08 am

Sorry for being rude, I really didn't mean to come off that way. God knows I've made plenty of mistakes on here with lore and what not. I hope you have fun in whatever city you end up choosing.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Looking For a City

Postby Ruroc on December 13th, 2014, 6:42 am

Gossamer's idea works quite well. A character that is ruthless and unremorseful generally fits a teaching stereotype. Based on personality alone I would suggest Ravok for your character, and I would also advise worship of Rhysol, Ssena or Krysus, and perhaps work to join the Black Sun should you become a Chaon. To that end I would suggest swapping Writing and Mathematics with Cryptography, Interrogation, Disguise, Impersonation, Poison, or Politics.

If you have 0 Pts in Writing/Math that does not mean your character cannot write or count.
Ruroc
Retired Staff

Words: 15045
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2014, 8:53 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Previous