Rock, Paper, Scissors

(Job Thread #2)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Postby Alija on November 27th, 2014, 9:55 pm

71st day of Fall 514
It was gentle. The waves were shispereimg secrets, children were laughing, and she was sitting beside her friends, sewing up her ripped trousers. Suddenly, everyome started pointing and screaming, shrieking voices stabbing throught the air. She was unable to move, frozen in her spot. Gaining all the strength she could muster, she lifted herself of the bench, trying to run. A dark cloud filled the sky, filling her lungs. It wasn't a cloud; it was smoke. She kept running, but her feet dragged behind, unwilling to move. She felt cold wet tears running down her face, eyes streaming, but it was warm and red. Everything went black, the smoke creeping into her. Black smoke. Red blood. Black. Red. Black...

Alija woke up, gasping for air. Pressing her clammy hands against her face, she surpressed tears of fear, letting out bursts out squeals. It had felt so real, so frightening. Her heart pounded.

Alija climbed out off bed, acing back and forth. Relax. Relax... She took a deep breath, listening out for the sound of the ocean. That was better. Feeling safe once more, she slipped on her boots, ready for a fresh day. She wouldn't let that nightmare put her down.
Last edited by Alija on February 1st, 2015, 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Postby Alija on November 29th, 2014, 9:39 pm

A small boy ran up to her, taking Alija's hand. He was about five, six at the most, his tiny face hidden behind a mess of long thick black hair. His mother was a Svefra, as far as Alija knewz but had chosen to stay on land with his father. She had seen them around, maybe just a few houses down the street.

"Show me your knife!" he said, dragging her towards her friends, smiling, "You can thow it! I saw a man once, who threw knives! Throw it!"
His friends joined in in th chanting, banging on barrels and on each other.
Alija laughed. "I'm not a knife thrower! I just... have it!" She smiled at them, "But, if you teach me a some Fratava..."

The boy smiled, "Promise?" He crossed his arms, giving her a trustworthy look.
"Swear on the Gods above. But I have to get to work."

Alija turned away, and started hurrying toward the Armed Scholar, the path know drilled into her head. She could hear the pittar patter of a ypung child's feet, and turned to find the boy and two of his friends tailing her, looking expectantly at her. Alija sighed, and stopped in the busy street, watching as they ran and hid. Laughing, she made her way around, listening out for their footsteps and muted giggles.

Alija stopped suddenly. Opening her mind to her Djed, she focused, slowly pinpointing the boy's auras. Leaving her mind blank, she focused on it, letting his position become known.
She would find him, then surprise him. Concentrating hard, she slinked near, hidden amongst the bustling crowd. She felt the aura brush against her skin, a pleasant feeling drifting from it. Alija smiled, letting it all go. She crept right behind the noy, then whispered in his ear.
"Boo." He jumped, then turned round laughing.
"Ok, you can come with me to the blacksmith," Alija smiled, convinced by his pleading eyes. But you better behave."
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Postby Alija on November 29th, 2014, 9:57 pm

"So, what would this be? What would a rock be?" Alija asked turning up to West Street. In her hand she held a small rock, turning the smooth, shiny, black surface round im her hand. The little boy looked up at her, head tilted like a dog.
"Rock? Rock," he mumbled, then said a mix of sounds. Alija frowned, and tried to imitate him, resulting in laughter.

"No! Like this! You need actions!" He repeated it, exaggerating it all, slowing it down. Alija frowned again, then copied him, really struggling with the pronunciation.

"Was that alright?" she asked him, passing him the rock. He threw it into the air, before catching it and passing it back. Alija smiled, and placed it down beside the door to the Armed Scholar.
"Close enough. You are getting there!" he laughed, entering the shop at her heels.

It was in a state of disarray. Swords and knives, spades and shileds; every show piece seemed to have managed to fall onto the ground. Alija looked at Donovan with a confused look. He shrugged and nodded at Rals.

The giant of a man smashed his fist against the counter.
"The thief!" he growled, "The little thief!"
The boy who had followed Alija there hid behind her, gripping her clothes tightly.

"Don't worry, he only eats little boys at night," Donovan smiled, spotting him, "You'll be safe." He coaxed him out, passing him a piece of bread form a pocket.
"Go look around. Careful of.. well everything," he smiled, and the boy scampered off, "Where did you pick him up?"

"He wants me to throw my knife, so he's teaching me a little of his language. What happened here?"

"A thief got in. Luckily someone heard him, and stopped him taking everything, but there was a bit of a fight. Nothing much, but quite a mess!" Donovan smiled, just as a customer barged through the door.

"A horseshoe please, if you aren't too busy," he said, noting the mess. He smiled meekly, slowly shuffling out the door.

"It isn't a problem. Alija, you heard what the man wanted!" Rals gruffed before checking the door to the basement. It was locked, but he still went in to check if the thief had been there somehow.

"I'll take care of the boy, and the mess," Donovan smiled, letting Alija take her of her job. She thanked him, then entered the forge, preparing the equiment.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Postby Alija on November 29th, 2014, 10:22 pm

Alija watched as the metal changed from the dull grey colour to a yellow-orange, a sunset colour, perfect forging anything.
She remember when she was small, as her father guided her hands, teaching her when to be ready.

Alija reached up to brush sweat off her brow , noting the soot markse along her arm. She must look a mess every day, working as a smith, but it was worth it. The sensation was too much.

Using a large hammer, she smashed against the bar, forcing it round into a curve. The delightful sound of the metal hitting metal rang in her ears as she pounded against it, determined to have the smoothest finish. Satisfied at last, she stopped, getting ready to punch the nail holes.

She reheated the horseshoe, then made a forepunch, before positioning the hole over the small round hole on the anvil. Alija then forced the rest of the metal away usong the pritchel punch. She repeated the process several times, then picked the still hot horseshoe up with the tongs. She dipped it in a bucket of water, watching as the metal hissed and bubbled. She let put a sigh of relief.

She examined her piece of work, noting the uneven holes. She would have to try a little harder. Still it was good. Alija took it out, passing it to the man who was still waiting patiently. They exchanged money for the shoe, and he hurriedly left the shop, leaving Alija in silence, but for the occasional clatter of metal that Donovan had been tidying.

"Give me a hand here!" he smiled and she bent over beside him, picking up an extraordinarily large sword. Being a blavksmith was good.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Postby Alija on November 30th, 2014, 9:52 am

The small boy came bursting out the side room, shocking Alija. She had forgotten he had even been there.
"Will you throw that knife for me now?" he begged, tilting his head and forcing his eyes bigger.

Alija shook her head, thinking of a good deal.
"Two more words. Two," she whispered, holding up the correct amount of fingers. The boy thought about it and nodded.

"Paper. P-a-p-e-r," he smiled, repeating it in the language of his mother tongue, "And... Scissors."

He pointed to a pair lying beside them, saying something. Alija laughed, slowing him down.
"Both, slower," she asked, then repeated them after him.
The boy laughed, urging her to copy him exactly. It was hard,
learning a different language.

After what seemed like hours of repeating the words and clearing up, though in reality was only a few minutes, the boy was satisfied with her progress.

"Throw it!" he smiled, and Alija got put the knife, beckoning for everyone to move out the way. She stood legs apart, gaining a comfortably stance. Aiming, she flicking her wrist, releasing the knife. Remebering to follow through, she did, letting it bounce of the wall and skim across the floor. The little boy laughed, clapping his hands..

"Bye!" he called, and smiled. Alija stopped him, then spoke the three words, taking care to mimic his actions before. He smiled, applauding her hard work.

She knew some Fratava. She had learnt it.
Rock, paper, scissors
Nice to know.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 24th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Alija

Experience
Blacksmithing +1 XP
Weapon: Dagger +1 XP

Lores
Nightmares feel so real
Fratava: How to say Rock, Paper, and Scissors
Blacksmithing: yellow-orange, the perfect color for foraging
Blacksmithing: How to make a horseshoe

Items/Consequences
Item Description
N/A N/A

Additional Comments

Nice short thread. I couldn't give you a whole lot skill and lore wise, but it was still an interesting read. I liked how she basically traded her skill for his.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade, just contact me and we cam get it sorted out. Don't forget to replace your request so it says graded so the ST's can keep the queue clean Thanks!

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)