The Spider King's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on January 10th, 2015, 9:02 pm

I have decided to stop posting here on Mizahar, probably for good. I finally want to finish my epic fantasy saga that I have been working on for years and get it published.

I want people to hold my books in their hands, to love them (or hate them). I want to produce something that exists outside the internet.

I’ve enjoyed writing here. I’ve met great people, but Mizahar took so much away from my original writing in the past.

I don’t want to risk that again.

For those of you that know German – I know a few of you, like Estrellir, do – you can find me as “Veldrys” (which was also the name of my first PC on Mizahar) on a certain German forum that is dedicated to writing fantasy as well as a few other places.

For those of you that might be wondering about my fantasy saga, it is called “The Chronicles of Kendoria” (in German “Die Chroniken von Kendoria”). It takes place in a fantasy world that I’ve been working on since I was 13 (so for about 20 years now) and already consists of hundreds of pages, background information, family trees, maps and a detailed history that covers over 1.000 years.

It’s not unlike “A Song of Ice and Fire” to mention the most popular example, with political struggles, wars, fantastical creatures, pirates, demons, mages and a certain amount of romance (and tragedy).

I think it deserves more of my time.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Estrellir Konrath on January 11th, 2015, 10:10 am

It's sad to see you go, but I still wish you the best of luck with your book! I know how hard it can be to make time for both Miz and novel writing. I've also read a bit about your fantasy world and would love to read a novel set in it. Once you're published, I'll certainly check it out. :)
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on January 11th, 2015, 10:37 am

Thank you for your post, Estrellir!

I’ll let you know if and when I publish the first of my books, if I still have a way to contact you then. :)

I had no idea that you knew my fantasy world – and still remember it! That’s kind of amazing, especially since I took my old website offline years ago and completely disappeared from all those German forums for a while.

By the way, I rewrote and modernized nearly every aspect of that world since then and took out some things that were too cliché (I invented that world when I was just a boy and had much simpler tastes, as an adult I found some aspects of it embarrassing).

I’ll eventually put some of my stuff online again. Of course it will be in German so I’m not sure how many Mizaharians besides you will really be able to read it.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nemesis on January 11th, 2015, 12:40 pm

I can't deny that I'm sad to see you go, Val. Ravok, and I, will miss you... and I hope that you might consider returning one day when you publish this epic sags of yours!

I have complete respect for anyone who has the perseverance to write a novel, especially for 20 years, with out an instant gratification. I hope that you manage to finish it you your satisfaction, and that your publishers love it, and that your fans (in their multitudes) love it too.

I suppose I'll have to wait a number of years after publication before they get translated into English, but my boyfriend is fluent in German so maybe he can read them to me! Or maybe I'll accelerate my mission to become multilingual - a degree in Linguistics can't be completely useless. <.<

You have all the luck I can throw at you... and, as they say: a man without dreams is like a bird without wings. Fly, Val, Fly.
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Inoadar on February 6th, 2015, 9:13 pm

Oh my God!

How did I miss this?

I hope I am not too late for you to read these sincere good wishes before you depart.

Endless inspiration, good luck, and good partnerships be yours, my friend.
A thousand times.
(And may it be published in English, so I can read it... :rolleyes: )

May Kendoria dominate the literary landscape for years to come!
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous