Nonsensical Words & Thoughts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Neologism on January 11th, 2015, 4:50 am

Life Takes Over

Alright. Let's get down to business. I hate it when people disappear on here and do not say goodbye, so I will attempt to explain to anyone who is interested, why I am cutting down on my time in Mizahar.

These past few months have been hard, and I don't think it would be unusual to say that 2014 was a hella shitty year. Honestly, I really have yet to meet someone who was actually really excited about what happened last year. Most of the reactions I've heard, here and IRL, are either "meh" or "LET IT BE DONE WITH". Personally, I am siding with the latter. Well, emotional hits that set off my teenager meltdowns aside, I have not been myself lately. I started full throttle on this site. I was so pumped to be apart of this community and participate in this awesome experience (Don't get me wrong, I am definitely still there), but I've been in a slump lately and it killed my activity in creativity.

Because I am a very strong believer in the idea that you are in charge of yourself, I've taken steps to move on. There were losses and set backs that I justify my reactions to, but there were other events that I didn't need to worry about so much. To distract myself, I focused on my future. Since I am just graduating high school, I, quite literally, have my entire life ahead of me. I am dipping my toes into the shallow end of what I hope to be my career. I am pushing myself to my limits to finish all my education in as little time as possible, because I can't wait to grow up.

As a result of this sudden burst of motivation and progress in life, I have lost all my spare time. I am in high school, trying to finish my GED before next august, I am also taking two college courses at my community college (because they are free since I'm still in high school, so why not get it out of the way?). Between that, I am working, as most teenagers do, to get myself a car, and was just accepted into a very awesome course on Script Supervising (the person in charge of watching continuity on a film set), that is top notch. There was no hesitation on me grabbing that chance.

So, all in all, my life is finally turning around, and I am glad it is, but it is pulling me away from Mizahar as a result. I really regret it, I do, but it all comes down to the harsh truth. RL is more important than Mizahar. I wish it wasn't, I really do. And so I am cutting back to my one and only character. I am stepping down as an ST and I might seem to disappear for a bit, but I am here, just barely. I need to make it clear that I am not leaving, its just that I'm decreasing my presence.

Also, I'm sick, and have been sick, of this social bullcrap. Honestly, I've never really been good at it. I know I sound rude, but I connect with a few people and then find away to get myself on the bad side of everyone else on accident, so I try to avoid that. Sorry if I've pissed anyone off during this past year. Some of you can see I don't come in chat anymore and refrain from posting OOC, unless pertaining to IC play, and so I will be discontinuing my scrap. I'm just going to sort of let it fade away... and that is why I feel as if I am saying goodbye.
Ivory Heart Zintila The Constellations The Shinya
Council of Radiance (WIP) Star Gazing Gazette
Neologism
AS of Lhavit, DS of Zeltiva

Words: 621787
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Aoren on January 11th, 2015, 5:07 am

So many hugs, Neo! So many! May you be successful in all of your future endeavors!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Khara on January 11th, 2015, 5:54 am

I don't normally post to others' scraps but I just wanted to send some massive e-hugs your way. I wish you the best of luck in everything!
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Words: 660741
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2014, 6:17 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Neologism on January 11th, 2015, 2:12 pm

*hoards all the hugs* Thank you guys, thank you so much. :)
Neologism

Office
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Timothy Mered on January 11th, 2015, 5:14 pm

Come here you! *Hugs*

I don't know what social bullcrap you're talking about, nor do I need to know. All I know is that you've been an amazing RP-ing partner and have dedicated tons of time to this site for the benefit of us all. Yes, RL is more important, it is good you realize that through and through because I've far too often been in a position where I took on more RPs than I could handle and procrastinated RL stuff endlessly.

So, quit being so hard on yourself, buckle up, and full steam ahead. I certainly hope you will keep Miz in the back of your head and return to us one day, perhaps during Summer vacation? Who knows....if not, you know I adore you and your writing <3

For what it is worth :)
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 11th, 2015, 5:17 pm

I don't think there's a single player here who's gotten the privilege of knowing you who doesn't adore you myself included.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 11th, 2015, 5:23 pm

Love ya as Lani or Neo. Didn't know you for real, but glad you're doing you. The real Player having Character is the best of all games. Cheers, doll!

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Neologism on January 12th, 2015, 3:59 am

Ya'll are awesome. Really though, I thought this would go over horribly, but thank you guys for being wonderful. :D
Neologism

Office
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)