Hello

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello

Postby Aislynn on February 2nd, 2015, 9:29 am

Oh gosh. Let me start off by saying that I am a shy gal, even on the internet. I care far too much about what people think! Sorry if I come off a bit awkward.

1. Name
-Well the name I wanted was Aislin, prouncounced Ashling but that name was already taken. So, I made it into Aislynn which looks likes it's pronounced more like Ashlynn...but you probably didn't need to know all that XD But back to the question! You can call me Aislynn.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
-I do RP on another site, but it's nothing like this site. This site is more regimented and specific, which is a good thing! On the other site it's just a make your own plot and have people join it, but the RP never lasts for more than 2 pages due to people not being commited, and just want to make a character more than anything.
But I do have experience if that makes any one feel better...but given that this site is so much different I am going to make a heck of a lot of mistakes before I am as good as some of you.

3. How did you find us?
-I was given a link by an a friend on another site. She thought I was a good enough RPer for this, so I took her up on her challenge. I looked through the site, and thought it looked so interesting and like something I would enjoy.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
-My style? My style is descriptive. I might get caught up on a small detail like how the light fell upon my face or how my hair falls into whispy waves that just can't seem to be tamed no matter how I put it up or brush it down.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
-I like to write about...well anything that catches my interest at the moment. The site I RP on I make a varity of characters from different genres. Fantasy, Supernatural, Real World, Sci-Fi, Romance, etc...So I am easy in reguards to what I like to write about.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
-My favorite thing? Where to start!?
-The creativity of the site.
-How it makes you be involved in it, like having to earn income and experience, and what nots.
-How the mary sues don't run rampant here
-How fantasy-like it is while also being realistic. For example Average Joe who is on a quest with Average Jane for months, and a stray wolf just appears next to him as a companion that he can talk to. (Has happened to me far more than I'd like to admit XD XD).
I know this sounds like I am either way too over enthusiastic or a suck-up but I have been craving a site like this where I can RP without being overwhelmed with Mary Sues or people who aren't very committed.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
-Getting started! I just don't know where to start! I think well joining someone elses thread would be best to get the basics down and make friends. But then I second guess myself and think maybe making a solo thread would do good because I can get experience rping and people won't be so apprehensive to have me join...

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
-I would like to become a better writer. I was given the link to this site because a friend thought I was a good enough RPer, but I would like to become an even better one!

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
-Expanded? Hmmm...I don't know. There is already so much information about everything on here. I am rather intruiged with genosis marks though. I would like to see those expanded.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
-Well I hope to meet a ton of you on here and hope to have tons of fun on here as well. My Aislynn is over in Lhavit, if you are over there then I hope we meet.
Also if you guys have any tips for newbies or scribes I would be so appreciative.
Aislynn
Player

Words: 16262
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2015, 12:48 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Hello

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 2nd, 2015, 9:56 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, I hope you enjoy your stay. Eh, I kinda like the Gnosis marks, but I do agree upon more variety of them being needed.
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Words: 41710
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2015, 7:53 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hello

Postby Aislynn on February 3rd, 2015, 4:00 am

@Sieghart Valorian, Thanks :) I think that Gnosis marks are interesting just like I've always found the stories about Greek and Roman Gods that came down and blessed or cursed mortals with powers, usually it was cursed though, Lol.
Aislynn
Player

Character sheet

Hello

Postby Nivel on February 3rd, 2015, 7:59 pm

Welcome :P! I've got social anxiety to deal with too but the people on this site are nice and forgiving if you end up doing some thing weird or silly like I frequently do.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Hello

Postby Shamus on February 4th, 2015, 12:01 am

Hello there. :) Welcome to Mizahar, and more specifically Lhavit. If you ever want a threading buddy shoot me a PM, I am almost always up it. Have a fun time!
Caution: Hypnotist. Tell me if you don't want Shamus using it on your PC.

Returned, refurbished, and ready to write!
Shamus
The Hypnotic Wanderer

Words: 57612
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2014, 1:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hello

Postby Irriari on February 4th, 2015, 9:10 am

This is like a day late, but welcome to Miz! People love descriptive writing here, so you're in good company.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Hello

Postby Aislynn on February 4th, 2015, 11:22 pm

@Nivel I do have social anxiety, but it is good to know that there are nice, patient people on here :) Thanks.

@Shamus, Really a threading buddy would be great! Thanks a lot :)

@Irriari, It's never too late. Thank you!
Aislynn
Player

Character sheet