Get over here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Get over here!

Postby Jharr on February 19th, 2015, 1:34 pm

1. Name - Jharr works fine.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any? - A lot, been playing D&D since I was 6 and I'm 31 now. I have since expanded my repertoire to include virtually every tabletop known to man. Dark Heresy, Rifts, Pathfinder, BESM, WoD, and a smattering of others. As for RP forum experience, I used to be avidly involved in a superhero RP forum until school, family, and work tore me away. i think I did that for 6+ years or so.

3. How did you find us? - I remembered this site from back in my RP forum days and remembered how cool it looked. I never joined because i was busy in other sites but seeing as I am starting fresh after a long hiatus I thought it would be a good opportunity.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? - Sci-fi if truth be told but that is mainly just from Fantasy burnout from the large amount of reading I do. I still enjoy fantasy very much and having such an original setting really helps to peak my interest.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about? - I'm not the best comedy writer if I remember correctly but that may have changed sine that time long ago. other then that I think I will just enjoy writing again in some capacity.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? - The original lore and story, however from a few questions I've PMed to staff it seems a lot of the information is outdated.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? - Nothing yet, If I had to pick something I guess it would be a limit of 50 skill points to start with. Wish I had more so i could have 2 skills at competent and a smattering of skills that just make sense to go with them. (Why can't I cook and steal stuff?)

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience? - A nice low stress and friendly environment to weave a story with others.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded? - Still reading the lore but it would be nice if there was a single section that one could see all the updates to the lore. Or know which lore is outdated.

10. Anything else you want to talk about? - Looking forward to RPing with you all and I hope to have a good tie while I am here. If you have any questions about me feel free to ask. I'm not too shy.
Jharr
Player

Words: 1026
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2015, 4:59 pm
Race: Human

Get over here!

Postby Ayviss on February 19th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Hello, and welcome to Mizahar!

Wow, you really have a lot of RP experience! I myself have only been roleplaying for three years or so.

I also think that the 50sp limit is low for what I wanted to do, but you just need patience and a character you have fun RPing with and you will find that skill grinding can be fun to.

As for the lore, my advice is to read the player guide in the city forum. The information there is updated more often than the wiki.

I hope you have a rewarding experience here!
Ayviss
Tell me the secrets whispered in the night

Words: 77386
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2014, 11:50 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Get over here!

Postby Jharr on February 19th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Thanks for he welcome Ayviss,

I do have a ton of experience but it really just comes from my desire to tell stories. I really enjoy it. I've competed in the Iron GM contest (yes it's a thing) two years now. I didn't win but I didn't place poorly either.

I'm not too worried about the lack of sp. It just would of been nice to get a bit more is all. Nothing a flashback or two cant solve.

Thanks for the advice too, it helps a lot.
Jharr
Player

Words: 1026
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2015, 4:59 pm
Race: Human