Solo [Location: The Lapis Park] Raised Spirits.

Alcor goes out searching for spirits

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Location: The Lapis Park] Raised Spirits.

Postby Alcor on December 25th, 2014, 11:14 pm

3rd Day of Winter, 514 AV (Dusk)

After spending the day scavenging for supplies amongst the colourful tents of the Zhongjie Warren Bazaar, The novice Spititist was ready to put what he gathered to use. He grabbed an egg and tapped it against the edge of a bowl like he had seen his teacher "Mist" do many times. Unlike the far more experienced Spiritst however, Alcor's eggs didn't crack open quite as gracefully. a few egg shells flowed into the bowl with the inner contents and he had to painstakingly fish them out. The Ethaefal remembered being easily frustrated with minor set backs like this but didn't seem the least bit upset this time. Once he was sure all the egg shells were out he added a bit of wheat flour and some soft cheese and kneaded them together. It soon came time for the last and most crucial ingredient. Alcor grabbed his bloodletting knife in his left hand and pressed it against his other index finger. There was hesitation as there always was when he preformed this painful act, but each time the pause became less and less. Puncturing the tip of the blade through the flesh, Alcor winced but only slightly. He held the wound over the bowl and let his blood drip in until the small bowl was practically painted red. He felt a touch light headed from the blood loss but did his best to ignore it as he finished mixing his brew.

The Final step was to put the unsavoury concoction in his mouth, which could easily be worse than self mutilation. He held the bowl up to his face and let the slimy and repugnant flavor enter his open mouth. It was a flavour he would never get used to and each time he forced himself to taste it he felt he would lose the contents of his stomach. After he took a moment to clear his head, he began to focus on the creation of Soulmist and nothing else. Having a head filled with echoes of past lives and distant memories of times spent in the celestial realms made this task unbearably difficult but after a few agonizing chimes the spiritist could feel a change in the product stewing in his mouth. With great relief he spit out the now glowing creation, satisfied that he had successfully created Soulmist. He syphoned a bit of it into the glass vial that hung around his neck and headed out to look for spirits in need of his assistance.

He quickly found himself in a place he often frequented, The Lapis Park. A beautiful place full of brightly coloured statues made exclusively from the natural precious stones in the area. The Ethaefal fit in nicely, seeing as he looked to be carved of stone as well. With the coming of winter his hair became silver and his class horns became light purple. Despite the cold winter weather he didn't wear very much, only his tattered long skirt and the binding across his wrists and chest. Be it his mortal forms natural aversion to low temperatures or a benefit he also had as an Ethaefal he wasn't sure, but he was thankful regardless.

He could sense a spirit was in the vicinity but wasn't sure where. He focused his mind on the sight of auras and in moments they became visible. This gave the already scenic area more life as he looked for any sign of unlife
Last edited by Alcor on March 3rd, 2015, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alcor
Depressing Spirtist.

Words: 24727
Joined roleplay: November 13th, 2014, 1:31 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alcor on March 2nd, 2015, 7:09 pm

Amongst the pulsating and bright auras, Alcor was able to spot what he was looking for. A translucent konti women drifting in the nights sky, she seemed completely lost in her thoughts and took no notice of Alcor. When she finally did notice of the Ethaefal, a subtle smile grew across her face. She gracefully soared down to meet the spiritist, who suddenly found himself unable to move. Alcor went out specifically to meet ghosts but he didn’t realize just how dangerous a citation he had put himself into until now. Most ghosts were fairly harmless but few could be considered sane, it was impossible to tell if there was malicious intent behind her smile or if she was truly being friendly.

“Wonderful evening were having aren’t we?” The spirit gave a soft greeting while maintaining her inviting smile. Alcor hesitated partly because he was getting slightly dizzy from the overwhelming nature of seeing auras but also out of fear.

“..yes it is quite pleasant” The Spiritist couldn’t show weakness in front of the ethereal creature in case she had cruel intentions, so he had to do his best to keep his composure. Alcor wanted to look away but he forced himself to keep steady eye contact and focus on his breathing instead of his growing anxiety. Even in his celestial form, the Ethaefal could feel his heart beat increase to a dreadful pace.

“I didn’t know there was a spiritist in Riverfall.. other than Nessela that is” Her haunting eyes narrowed and her upbeat tone lowered as she mentioned Alcor’s new mentor. Alcor thought it best to pretend he didn’t know the name Nessela in case his teacher had wronged this spirit in some way.

“Well I am one, A spiritist that is” Alcor replied in the most neutral tone he could muster. “Is there something I can help you with?”

“Actually there is..” Her gaze lowered to the vile around his neck “I’d like to taste the soul mist you have around your neck”

“Of course, but what will you do for me in return” Alcor wasn’t really expecting any kind of compensation but he felt he shouldn’t just give away his brew so easily. The misty spectre only chuckled in response as if he had just told her a joke. “What’s so funny” he inquired.

“I can tell you're a fledgling, horned one” She teased “Your soulmist is subpar at best, you should be grateful any one wants to sample it. The only thing I can really offer in return is maybe a critique on how bad it is”

“Fine” Alcor should have just walked away, he wasn’t really in the mood to be mocked by an apparition but she was right. He pulled the necklace off from around his neck and uncorked the vial containing the glowing substance. The spirit outstretched her hands with her palms out to catch the soul mist as he pored it on her. A modest amount oozed out and the ghost rubbed it in her hands like lotion. She became more luminous, if only for a moment.
Last edited by Alcor on April 7th, 2015, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alcor
Depressing Spirtist.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alcor on April 7th, 2015, 4:02 am

“Um…it wasn’t bad” the ghost shrugged her translucent shoulders “It was a nice pick me up, like resting my eyes for a bit or drinking a small cup of tea..” She Gazed into the sky with her vacant eyes “I do miss tea…It really is a chore being a ghost you can’t even enjoy a good cup of your favourite beverage ” She let out a hallow sigh “At least now my mind is clear.”

“Well I’m glad I didn’t poison you..”Alcor said with a light chuckle “I know my skills as a Spirtist have a long way to go, and I’m thankful for your critique.” He gave a thankful nod of the head. It took him a moment to register the last thing she said, but once he tried to derive it’s meaning.

Is her mind more clearer now that she's a ghost…or was it the curse? and what was she like before her mind was clear?

Most Ghosts were pretty unpredictable, Chaotic and even dangerous, this one seemed helpful and fairly pleasant to be around. If she was around before the curse she must have been reclusive or even one of the dangerous ones that Mist had told him to avoid until he was stronger.

“What do you mean about your mind being clearer?” Alcor tried to ask as casually as he could, he didn’t know if he was hitting a sour subject or not. His right leg slowly inched backward ready to run incase the spector became angry for what ever reason.

“Oh, well I lost my mind when I was killed but everything became clear about a month ago…or so” She calmly stated while eyeing a stature of a posing akalak flexing its muscles. “Anyway what’s your name? Mine is Yuma” A faint smile grew on her face as she turned to him.

“You were murdered?” Alcor violet eyes widened in shock, He was a bit taken back by how casually she had just admitted to being both murdered and insane.

“Yes..but I no longer remember who it was…it was so long ago or at least I think it was…My memory is a bit hazy…I might not have even been murdered at all…I was so lost in getting revenge against this person and all I can remember about them is that they had long black hair…I think they were a women but they could have easily been a man as well.” Yuma’s eyes strained as she tried to recall the memory, a trickle of translucent blood ran down her face. “You didn’t tell me your name”

“uh..Alcor…My name is Alcor” The etheafal didn’t know if he should tell her about her leaking head, she was a ghost so its not like she was going to die. He cringed slightly but recovered before he was sure she would notice. It was very likely this was some kind of test or some way of psyching him out. The spiritist wasn’t about to fall for something like that.
Alcor
Depressing Spirtist.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alcor on April 7th, 2015, 7:01 am

“oh, thats a nice name” Yuma replied with yet another pleasant smile. The stream of blood had disappeared in the time it takes to blink an eye.

“…yours is nice too” Alcor mumbled back. The ethaefal couldn’t help remember his true name that was given to him by syna. He could feel it in his head but it would be impossible to fully translate to a mortal. The closest he could ever get was “Mourning dew on a purple flower in summer” which didn’t come close to describing it and sounded absolutely silly coming of his mortal tongue. His eyes began to well up with tears as he thought of all he had lost again but He quickly breathed in and slowly exhaled to calm himself.

“Did I offend you in some way?” The hovering spectre’s face took on one of concern as she hovered closer.

“Oh no its nothing…your story its just sad…that’s all” Alcor stepped back a bit, not wanting the Ghost to get too close. He didn’t really feel in the mood to try and explain why he was upset. Yuma might be the closest person to understanding his situation than most but she still wouldn’t be able to grasp his torment. Alcor wasn’t even sure he wanted to be with someone who understood his feelings, it would just drag him further down into the depths of despair.

“Well I certainly don’t care about my sob story so I don’t see why you should.” She rested her hands on the back of her head and drifted backwards leisurely “Hey while were here talking, can I ask you for a favour?

“..Sure What is it?” Alcor shot back a question of his own. He was afraid of what she might want form him, Alcor had already given her all of his soulmist. Again he slowly moved his foot back to start running incase was she wanted was to much for him to give.

“I would like to possess your body, If thats alright with you” She asked with another smile, accompanied by a slightly raised eye brow. “I know you could use the practice and I promise not to overstay my welcome…what do you say?”
The ghosts proposal seemed sincere and Alcor felt fairly confident in his ability to resist possession but he still had a long way to go. All he was able to do was stop The moment in his body as most novice Spiritists could.
“Okay fine…Possess me” Alcor replied as he braced himself for the unpleasant feeling of an unwanted guest entering his body.

Without a moments hesitation she flew like a gust of chilled wind and collided into Alcor’s body. The coldness of the ghost inhabiting his body was always hard to bare. Unlike the coldness bought on by the climate, this was inside of him and could be felt in every part of him. his tendons, the backs of his eyes, even parts of his body he didn’t know he had felt the chill of their new roommate.
Alcor
Depressing Spirtist.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alcor on April 8th, 2015, 7:07 am

“Are you okay” A voice echoed from inside Alcors head.
“I’ve…beeen better” Alcor forced out his response from his mouth, It was if his mouth was dangerously dry.
“You know you don’t really have to physically speak, I’m in your body after all.” Yuma chuckled lightly “Anyway if you can’t take it I can always get out…but like I said you better get used to this if your going to be a Spiritist”
“You aren’t the first one…to possess me…I’ve been possessed many times before…It’s just draining” Alcor found that thinking his responses wasn’t any easier but still endured an kept the conversation going.
“Well this is tiring for me too, but I’m pretty good at possessing people…or at least not bad at it…let’s play chicken and see who gives up first.” Alcor could feel a grin forming on Yuma’s face while inside of him and it was unnerving but also oddly pleasant at the same time.
“I give up…get out of me..” Alcor said bluntly
“That soon?” She teased “I’m sure you can hold out a little bit longer…I want to go for a little stroll”

Alcor watched as his legs started moving forward on their own accord and it made the Ethaefal feel like a puppet or toy. Alcor immediately froze his body in defiance of the ghosts manipulation of his limbs.
“I believe I said to get out of my body..I’ve had enough” He was actually starting to get more comfortable with the ghostly presence in his body but he didn’t want to seem like a push over. If he was going to have someone living inside of him they would follow his rules.

“Oh okay sorry I’ll get out” Yuma sounded a touch dejected and it almost made Alcor regret his decision. Although as soon as she left his body he no longer felt the coldness and suffocation he did under her influence. The spritists breathing was heavy as if he had just come out of the water and his eyelids and body felt a bit exhausted.
“Thank you” Alcor said in relief

“I’ll let you off the hook this time but I would like to go for a walk in your body when you’re more skilled at handling possession. It’s been so long since I’ve gone on a good walk on two real legs” Yuma looked to the sky and shook he had back and forth slowly.
“I’m sorry I wasn’t ready but soon I’ll be much better at handling possession and we can do more than just going for a walk, we can go have some tea or what ever you like” Alcor gave a faint smile back to Yuma
“I’d like that” a much brighter smile was returned from the ghost “a lot..you have no idea”
“It would be my pleasure” Alcor knew it most likely still feel horrible but it would hopefully also feel good to help someone.
“Well I have other places to Haunt..I hope to see you around” with that she drifted off into the sky, leaving Alcor to recover.

Alcor
Depressing Spirtist.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ashar on April 20th, 2015, 4:34 am

Character 1
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Spiritism 2
Auristics 1
Negotiation 2
Investigation 1

Lores
Auristics: Signs of a Ghost
Yama: A Passed Konti
Yama: Vengeful Victim
Spiritism: Willing Possession

Additional Comments
Don't forget to edit your grading request!
Ashar is being renovated. Be patient!

"Do not try to fight yourself. Such is the road to chaos."
Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Words: 142780
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 1:04 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes