PM to join Slippery As A Cat [Sarina]

Logan has a run in with a foxy thief.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Slippery As A Cat [Sarina]

Postby Logan Storm on March 3rd, 2015, 1:42 pm

5th Spring 515 AV

50 freaking GM. Logan carried 50 freaking GM inside his coin bag. Doing so was like carrying a death sentence in this city! No one carried more than 20 GM with them in Sunberth, but he carried 50 freaking GM!

Logan made sure he stayed as far away from everyone as he could. Logan's coins jiggled every time he moved, which was nothing he could prevent. The more he stepped the louder the sound of the coins got. Eyes darted towards him when ever the money sounded. Logan met every eye, staring them down until they stopped looking at him.

He couldn't believe how stupid he was for carrying that much change between his fingers, inside his coin bag. But he had to, he needed to do some shopping and this money was the only form of exchange in this city. So, he had to tough through the streets of Sunberth until he reached the nearest store. If only he could teleport to the store he wanted, then he wouldn't need to deal with thugs and robbers staring at his loud coin bag every three ticks.

Logan moved down Slavers row, past the slavers market. Here he had merchants practically begging for him to buy their items. "Hey, you there with the money," one called to him. "Want to buy something, get rid of all that weight there!"

Logan shook his head and moved on, not paying attention to anyone, yet watching out for everyone.
Last edited by Logan Storm on March 3rd, 2015, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logan Storm
Player

Words: 119475
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2015, 7:56 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sarina on March 3rd, 2015, 10:20 pm

Sarina was walking down the street and looking out for someone she could steal from. She was having an off day. She had only found one person she thought was worth stealing from and the coin pouch she had been carrying had only contained two gold coins.

Sarina’s lack of luck did nothing to help her mood. She was having a hard time focusing on the sounds around her as she stormed by. Thievery could be a difficult business. She had to keep from looking at her target as much as possible or they would get suspicious. The problem was she also had to be able to tell when people had something of value.

Her most recent attempt at doing this was to listen for the sound of money. It wasn’t working. No one in their right mind carried around enough money to make much sound at all and over the sounds of people talking and venders selling their ware it was virtually impossible to hear something as minor as the ring of metal on metal.

Clinck! Suddenly Sarina heard the sound she had been looking for. She thought she might be imagining thing but then it happened again. Not believing what she was hearing she looked around. Hers wasn’t the only head turned. At least two other people were looked at a young man that was walking down the street in the opposite direction as her. She stopped to look at him, disregarding any sort of caution she might have been trying to achieve.

Clutched in one of the man’s hands was a thick coin pouch. It looked full and with each step, Sarina could hear the coins clanging together.

When the man noticed her looking he turned and stared back at her, angrily. It was as if he was trying to out stare her and scare her into looking away. He wanted to intimidate her into staying away from his coins. His reaction gave her all the more reason to believe he was carrying a significant amount of coin.

Sarina met his eyes for a tick before looking away and continuing to down the crowded street but she did not ignore the man. On the contrary, she pay even more attention to him.

He was going to be her next victim.

As soon as she was considerable distance away from the man, she turned and began walking in the same direction as him but significantly behind him. She still needed to think of a good plan. Keeping a good eye on the man’s back so she didn’t lose track of him she followed a way behind him and calculated her next step.

Plans formed quickly in her head and it wasn’t long before she had singled one out and was ready to act on it. The man was far too protective over his money for her to just swipe it without his noticing so Sarina was forced to come up with something a little more creative. As nonchalantly as she could, Sarina reached down and picked up a hand full of rocks off the ground. She kept a careful eye on the man all the while making sure not to lose him in the crowded street.

Sarina started walking again as she pulled out the coin pouch she had stolen from the woman previously that day. She filled it with the stones she had taken from the ground. It would be a crude replacement to the man’s pouch but it didn’t have to last long. The stones weighted roughly the same as the money would and it created the same shape as the man’s pouch.

Sarina was glad there was so little variety in pouch styles in the city. They were all the same basic leather design so they were virtually interchangeable.

Speeding up her step Sarina go closer and closer to the man until she finally ran into him. It seemed like an accident but it was really extremely calculated. She was sure to hit the man’s elbow but also his back so that he would stumble forward and drop his pouch. She made sure to hit him with enough force that it would take him a tick to recover.

All went according to plan and the man’s pouch tumbled to the ground with a clang as the money clinked to together. Rushing past the man she picked up the pouch, making sure that her back blocked the man’s view of his money. As quickly as she could Sarina replaced the false money sack in her hand and stuck the man’s real money into her pocket.

“I’m so sorry.” Sarina said, a false apology to go with the false money pouch she was holding out to the man. “Here.” She held the pouch out futher towards him. “I hope you're ok.” Another lie.

OOCI hope it is ok that I said your character dropped the pouch. I thought it would be best for the plot but if you would like me to change it I will.

Common | Tukant | Ancient Tongue(Nader-canoch)
Sarina
The Emerald Rose

Words: 85248
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 12:49 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Logan Storm on March 5th, 2015, 7:16 am

OOCI don't mind. It was a nice entry, Sarina. :)

As Logan made his way through the crowded area, he noticed how many people stared at his bag. Maybe carrying money between his fingers weren't as safe as carrying money at all. He figured that if he needed to he would handle any mugger or thief looking to take his belongings from his hands, and it was better to have knowledge of the mugger and thief presence than to have them slyly pickpocket him.

Before he left his home he had accounted for every scenario; played in his head what each robber would do to take his money, ranging from killing him to crashing into him then running away. Bells and chimes spent on thinking of every ruthless way for taking his things from him. He even imagined the build of the people he would come to face, but never would he guess that the type of woman and the type of method the woman used would be what brought his downfall.

He walked, then someone crashed into him. Logan almost tumbled to the ground, but caught himself quickly. He recovered then noticed that his bag was gone.

Well goodbye 50 petching GM, he thought, staring at his empty fingers that once held his large bag, minor anger seething from his skull. Logan did not want to accept his lost, so he would turn around and get a good look at the person who robbed him, maybe chase after them if they ran and weren't too far away.

He had great surprise expressed when he saw that person right behind him, not making the move needed to escape. Maybe the person knew that they couldn't run, so they decided to do a little damage to Logan first, or maybe they weren't that stupid and had other reasons.

When Logan's eyes focused, he noticed a girl who reached up to his chin. She had hair as black as the night and light blue eyes as colorful as the sky. Her skin was a lighter shade of white, she had a nice set of freckles near her nose, and her facial features beautifully matched her hourglass body.

She apologized and handed Logan his bag. This made him even more surprised. A young woman, as sweet as the most gorgeous flower, was being extremely kind, not only returning his things but apologizing for her clumsiness as well. This all prompted him to wonder how she could survive in a place so cruel and criminal as Sunberth. This was just too good to be true. Even if there were the nice ones, the young generation who were raised to love all and be peaceful to even the most brutish of men, their beliefs would die easily in this city, and they would find themselves turning into what they once hated or escaping the city as soon as they could. So what was the deal with this one female?

Logan moved his fingers to his money bag slowly, watching the girls eyes. He looked for a tell, a small glimmer that revealed her facade. When his hand got closer to the bag, he looked at it then suddenly paused.

Since when did my Miza turn bulky?

He stared at her bag a little more, then back at her eyes, his own showing a hint of anger and realization. If the girl didn't run away now, then that would be her downfall.

Logan smiled as though nothing was wrong, as though he truly believed that she was a nice girl; although, he doubted his little act would fool her. He continued in his reach for the bag, and if she stayed to see Logan retrieve his bag, she would find her wrist grasped instead and held on a little tightly.

"It's alright," he would say, his voice sounding a little cocky and condescending. "Accidents happen everyday. But, when you knocked into me I wouldn't deny that it hurt a little, or maybe a lot."

He wouldn't let go of her, not for all the cries and protests she could possibly make. If she squirmed, his grip would harden and he would pull her body closer to him and get a good grasp of her waste with his other hand. If she would try to fight back, then Logan would really have some fun with her.

"But I tell you what, I'll fully forgive you if you did something for me. And that would be to go on a date with me."
Logan Storm
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sarina on March 5th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Sarina sensed something was wrong as soon as the man smiled. The smile seemed wrong and fake, obviously he was trying to keep her from noticing he knew but it was all in vain. Sarina’s body tensed but she managed to keep up her charade, a light smile over her lips. She continued to hold the bag out or false money out towards him.

The tone of his voice when he spoke to her seemed wrong, too. It was too cocky, too full of himself to mean anything nearly as kind as the meanings of the words entailed. The man’s lie was as obvious as a single lantern in the dead of night. If the man meant for it to be so obvious it would be a strange occurrence indeed. Rather it seemed that he was just inexperienced with lying.

Slowly, as to not attract any attention to it, Sarina’s other hand made its way to the pocket where her Tamo Daggers were stored. Slipping her hand in, she grasped the weapon and waited to see if she would have to use it.

His next reaction was nowhere close to what Sarina had expected, the surprise through her a bit off guard. He offered, no demanded, she go on a date with him to make up for her clumsiness. Sarina smiled. Not the kind, sweet smile she had put on as a show, but a smile that was more a smirk than anything else. There was not need to keep up her act if the man could already see through it.

“Isn’t returning your money enough for you?” Sarina couldn’t quite guess why this man would want to go on a date with her. He really must have been desperate to be asking random girls on the street to date him for retribution. In her mind Sarina began to run through the possible reasons, most of them ending badly for her. She shifted the money as if to enunciate her point.

The man continued to reach for the fake money pouch in her hand. Suddenly he moved from reaching for the bag and grabbed her wrist. She immediately narrowed her eyes. Sarina twisted her arm around to try to get the man to release her. Her attempts only made him tighten his grip. Sarina searched his face for some sort of explanation but found none.

The hand in her pocket tightened on the Tamo daggers and pulled them out of her pocket. She had no leverage to unsheathe them so instead elected to use the pair as a club. She swung them at the man’s head with as much speed as she could muster, her other arm still trapped.

“What are you doing?” She asked, keeping any sort of anger out of her tone and instead said it in a low questioning hum. By now people around them were starting to move out of their way. They would glance at the pair before continuing on with their day.

Suddenly, the man pulled Sarina’s body closer to his own and wrapped his other arm around her waist. She immediately recoiled, or tried to. There wasn’t much she could do with her one arm pinned her side and the other caught in the man’s grip.

She continued to squirm but it was all to no avail.

Sarina
The Emerald Rose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Logan Storm on March 6th, 2015, 4:03 am

From the corner of his eye Logan noticed the girls fingers move to her pocket. 1 of 3 reasons where the fact of why she had done this. She could have gotten nervous when Logan looked at her then reach for her pocket for security of his coins, she could be reaching for a pocket weapon, or this was her psychological way of reacting to these situations. He didn't want to rule the latter out, but the first two facts seemed pretty likely.

Logan acted, the girl reacted and sent the scabbard of two daggers after his head. They impacted flawlessly, and his eyes and cheek felt the pounding of the leather against his skin. Logan moved his head to the side to where she could not reach him and continue her attack. He tried to recover from what she did, but the spot where she had hurt him was now throbbing with unbelievable pain.

He tightened his grip and pulled her in. The girls side shoulder forcefully leaned against his chest. His other arm held her waste steadfast, but he did not believe that this was enough to stop her. She was active and would most likely escape from him in no time. In a situation like this Logan had to act faster than his enemy. Her most powerful weapon was her daggers, even if she couldn't use the pointy part. He had to keep the daggers away and her body calm, so he tried the next best thing he could think of.

Logan released the girls waste with his free hand and instead reached for her shoulder. If he could, Logan would intertwine his forearm with hers. If met with success, he would have the girl in a nearly impossible to escape arm hold.

"Calm yourself, wild wind. Keep fighting and you will force my hand. I am a very dangerous man with a very deadly skill. Continue on and I will be forced to take you out, and I frankly don't mind that option."

Logan paused to allow the girl to take everything in, then continued with his speech. "If you force me, I will knock you out, I will leave you lying on the street of Sunberth naked, and I will make sure that the nearest creep to us will petch you silly. So, unless you don't want that to happen, calm yourself!"
Logan Storm
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sarina on March 7th, 2015, 2:41 am

As Sarina continued to struggle, the man’s arm twisted up in her arm holding it in a tight hold. Sarina twisted to her side, attempting to throw the man off but was far from successful, she could barely manage to hold onto the Tamo Daggers that she was still clutching.
The hold held tight preventing her from getting away, no matter what she tried. Mentally, Sarina cursed herself for not thinking this through better.

As she continued to struggle the man gave a threatening speak. Sarina immediately started to analyze the legitimacy of the man’s threat. He spoke very highly of himself, seeming very confident in his abilities and rightly so as he had basically neutralized her. The way he stated it he sounded as though he was in possession of some type of magic that he could use if he wished. Sarina doubted he had magic, there weren’t many brave enough to practice magic in Sunberth, but she didn’t doubt he would follow up on his threat.

Her one critical part to his threat was the essence of the threat itself. There seemed no reason why he would not have knocked her out already and taken the money of her unconscious body. The only thing she could think was that he might be looking for more than just the money she had tried to nick from him. She wondered if his offer for a date might have something to do with it.

It wasn’t until he had added the second part to the threat did Sarina completely stop struggling. This part of the threat sounded extremely unpleasant to her and the tone of hid voice led her to believe be meant to follow up on the threat if she didn’t so what he said. But it wasn’t because was afraid of the man’s threat, although to be honest she was, but because she realized she was wasting her efforts. She couldn’t possibly overpower this man, not in a match of strength, and would do better to try and talk her way out.

“Alright, you win.” She said calmly. Sarina pushed herself away from the man’s chest enough so she could tilt her head up and look him in the eye. “I’ll return your money and be on my way.”

Sarina
The Emerald Rose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Logan Storm on March 7th, 2015, 2:26 pm

She stopped.

The girl completely stopped fighting. Logan was filled with a sense of relief and happiness. His threats had never worked before. People just mostly thought them empty and continued to test him. One time, a guy spoke about Logan a little to much for Logan's comfort, so Logan threatened to break three parts of the mans body if he did not shut up. The guy didn't stop, and Logan had to break two fingers and an arm.

Of course, the guy wasn't very strong so Logan could handle him. This girl wasn't very strong either, in terms of muscle strength, so did that mean he could take her? Logan did not enjoy to think of everyone as weak as him. If he did, then a person would come along who was more powerful than him and beat his ass. For all he knew, dropping his guard among this girl would lead to his own knock out.

“Alright, you win," the girl declared. "I’ll return your money and be on my way.”

Logan untwisted their arms, but held onto her wrist that he had grabbed. He placed his other palm where she could see, gesturing for her to give him the bag. He kept tabs on the rock bag as well, making sure she did not plan to pull another switch on him.

With his bag in hand, if the girl backed up her word, Logan would judge the weight of the bag. He would look at the girl with a raised brow and ask, "is everything in here? Do I need to sit here with you and count my money?" If he found her answer acceptable, Logan would place the bag securely on his waste and stare at her.

"We aren't done, Wild Wind. You still owe me a date for the trouble you caused. I definitely wasn't just saying that to catch you off guard."
Logan Storm
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sarina on March 7th, 2015, 8:11 pm

With her now free hand Sarina reached into her pocket. She dropped the Tamo Daggers in, they wouldn’t be of any use to her now, and pulled out the original bag of money. She couldn’t see any better way to go about it than to return the money and then get it back. As she placed the bag into the man’s opened palm she was already beginning to plan how she would get it back.

The man seemed to be judging the bags, as if to see if it was the real bag, not filled with rocks or anything other than his coins. He followed up his evaluation of the bag with a question. This time she really doubted the man would follow through on his threat. He was doing far too to stop and count every single golden miza.

“Why would I say it’s not all there? If I had taken some out there would be no reason for me to tell you.” Sarina stated truthfully, although she hadn’t taken any money out.

The man seemed to accept her answer and move the bag to a secure place on his waist. It would be hard for Sarina to steal it back from there especially because the man was on guard now. She waited for him to release her wrist. Now that he had his money she doubted he would want to have to deal with holding her any longer. But he didn’t. He just stared at her.

Sarina’s gaze hardened. She stared right back into the man’s brown eyes.

"We aren't done, Wild Wind. You still owe me a date for the trouble you caused. I definitely wasn't just saying that to catch you off guard." The man said. Sarina sighed. She had thought she would get out of that one easily.

A date would certainly give Sarina another chance to take the man’s abnormal amount of money. She doubted there to could be too much harm that would come from it.

“If I am to go on a date with you, you’ll have to learn my name.” Sarina yanked her arm hard to rip it out of the man’s grasp.

Sarina
The Emerald Rose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Logan Storm on March 7th, 2015, 10:38 pm

“If I am to go on a date with you, you’ll have to learn my name,” she said as she pulled her arm free. Logan released, no longer needing to keep her locked. She could scurry off or stay, it didn't matter to him. But she chose to stay, so he would keep his word.

"I don't know, I kinda like the name Wild Wind." Logan began to walk, turning around once to see if the girl followed. If she did, Logan would continue speaking. "My name is Logan. I am probably the only bodyguard in this city, which is why I am probably more guarded than the average Sunberth child. It's gonna take more than knocking into me to steal my cash, Wild Wind. What's your name?"

Logan would pay attention to every word she said, while also staring at everything around him. Where they were heading to were the slums, or what everyone else called the "Sunset Quarters." It is where almost every Sunberth denizen goes when they wished to escape the violence of this city. Here gangs have agreed not to claim this land as their own. He would cross the dirt street, and once in the Quarters, he would feel a little safer. At least he will not need to worry about Gangs jumping him from around different corners.

"We are going to this place called the Drunken Fish. You know of it? My friends mentioned this place before but I never went."
Logan Storm
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Sarina on March 10th, 2015, 1:04 am

The man began to walk away down the stone street and Sarina, seeing no reason not to follow, did. He proceeded to introduce himself, a strange action in Sarina’s opinion as he had just had just spent a deal of time in a struggle with her. She was surprised to find he was a body guard. It wasn’t because there weren’t any bodyguards in Sunberth as he seemed think, maybe not as many as elsewhere but there were plenty. Sarina would know. She had probably had run ins with the vast a majority of them. The thing that surprised her was that she would have thought a body guard would have known better than to carry around large amounts of money especially in this city.

Never the less, Sarina didn’t say anything as he continued he self identifying speech. He concluded with asking Sarina’s name. She doubted he only wanted her to give her name but she didn’t really want to give him a full autobiography.

“Sarina. Sarina Carefer.” She gave him the short answer. Sarina walked a bit faster so she fell in step next to him, maybe even a bit in front. She was careful to keep an eye on the direction they were traveling. She didn’t want to be led into a trap.

From what she could see they seemed to be heading in the direction of Sunset Quarter. Sarina was a bit relived at this fact. As areas of Sunberth go, this was the least likely place for a trap but Sarina didn’t let her guard down.

As they grew nearer to the city’s largest housing complex, Sarina’s new found date, Logan; he called himself, spoke up again.

“"We are going to this place called the Drunken Fish. You know of it? My friends mentioned this place before but I never went."

“Yes, I’ve know of it. Sarina said almost mockingly. She doubted there were many in the city who didn’t know of it . She had been there a few times, actually. It wouldn’t have been her first choice for a date, full of sailors and a recruitment den, if truth be told.

Seeing as Sarina wasn’t really in a position to negotiate if she was going on a date, much less the specifics of it she decided it was best not to argue. There were far worse places Logan could have chosen to take her.

Now that she knew where they were going Sarina felt she could lead just as well as Logan could and took a bit more of a lead. She had never been one for following others. It simply didn’t suit her.

Sarina
The Emerald Rose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next