The circus,who is still in?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Leiwinn on October 27th, 2010, 9:37 pm

I don't know if Verduth is going to be participating anymore. From the PMs I got, it sounded like he wouldn't be. If that's the case, then we need to find out who the new Ring Master will be. Will it be a PC, or a mod-controlled NPC? We need somebody to step up and lead this thing... not suggesting myself or anything. I don't have free time to set up and entire circus, be we need someone to lead us.
Leiwinn
Player

Words: 74230
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on October 28th, 2010, 1:02 am

I suggest an NPC. That seems like a simple way to give Liminal an "in" on the circus.
Shakaar
The Involuntary Executioner

Words: 30565
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Kro on October 28th, 2010, 1:23 pm

I would agree, however it's a traveling circus. Which means we will eventually have to leave Sunberth, and Liminal would no longer be the story teller, and there is no telling if the other story tellers would be as thrilled to mod for the circus. I fear that if it was an NPC, it could often lead to the circus controlling him, instead of an outside observer and I think it is too important of a role to let it become a group NPC. It could make things get very stale very quick. Which is why I suggest PC. We need someone with the time to truly develop the circus leader, because in my opinion it is one of the most important roles, and I believe there are still plenty of ways for story tellers to get into the story. Anyways those are just my two cents on the matter.
Kro
Crazed and Confused

Words: 57789
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2010, 11:40 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jokor on October 28th, 2010, 2:39 pm

But on the question of Liminal being our storryteller, The idea I got from Goss was that he wanted to take our circus as an extra domain to tell about. I could be wrong So I might send a PM to him to ask for clarification.

Well even so, I can't ,Jokor just isn't made for it IC nor do I trust myself enough to lead the entire thing . But whoever is made ringleader has my full suport and can ask me to do some stuff.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Leiwinn on October 28th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Oh, I definitely think it should be a PC also. If Liminal is going to be our traveling storyteller, then an NPC might work, but if we're to have a different ST depending on where we are at the time, then it needs to be an actual PC running this thing.
Leiwinn
Player

Words: 74230
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on October 28th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Alright if Liminal is having this as extra domain, then I think an NPC would be good.

If not here is a list of the interested people, and their skills.

JokorStealth:22, Disguise:6, Brawling:11, Larceny:16, Running:16, Negotiation 1

Yul'tuaSinging:30, Coral Manipulation:10, Reimancy (Water):20

ZorayaDance:30, Acrobatics:5, Hunting:10, Bladed Fan:10, Cooking:5

Volt?

ShakaarUnarmed Combat: 29, Brawling 26, Medicine 5

Kro's new PC?

KusuriAcrobatics:14, Katana wielding:17, Drawing:8, Stealth:21

LeiwinnUnarmed Combat:30, Seduction:10, Poisons:5, Acting:5, Stealth:5

From the people in the list there is no obvious leader for the circus.

Who wants to be the ringmaster, and has the skills to back it up? Shakaar is leading other things, and is a bad fit for a ringmaster. But if necessary that can be overcome.

Personally I see Yul'tua as having the greatest potential of leading the circus, but there are other choices. Any thoughts???

Regards
-Vincent
Last edited by Shakaar on October 28th, 2010, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Yul'tua on October 28th, 2010, 6:48 pm

Minus the fact that she is TERRIFIED of people and is not set up in Sunberth yet (She still occupies the sea). I could, however, be a leader-of sorts- do not expect supreme organization or anything of that sort and she will have ulterior motives to the circus rather than just entertaining people.

Perhaps, instead of one person being the leader, we spread out the responsibility? We would have a face, the person who would present each act and appear as head, while the true leader is not in the spot light, someone to help manage goods and finances.

And.. Then anything else I have not covered, maybe a recruiter? :/

Vincent: I will send you a message and we'll talk. =P
Yul'tua
Player

Words: 4711
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2010, 3:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on October 28th, 2010, 7:05 pm

May I make a suggestion or two here? You should probably appoint someone OOC to be the sort of 'secretary' of the circus. Keep track of the ledger, and organize folks OOC. Then, as you all come together IC and start working towards some of these issues being resolved, see what comes out of the story. Here is the core issue. No matter who you appoint, the story will take control of you. Right now, most of you have brand new PCs and you aren't sure where they are going or what they are going to turn out to be. Make the issue of a Ringleader a part of the plotline for your circus. Make the quest for one a core driving force in your PCs coming together and sorting it out IN GAME among themselves.

I think a PC leader is the best as an NPC leader does put a lot of unrealistic work on a moderator who is volunteering to help you all. The more control you guys can keep over the storyline, the better off you'll be. But that being said, the whole point in Mizahar's style of gaming is to let the story control you. This circus will become its own living breathing thing, and I think it will demand things none of you can plan for yet.

But don't let organization stop you. A great deal of this core 'circus' plotline isn't about a group of people getting together and putting on a show. It's about a group of people getting together and learning how to live together to make a common goal happen. Don't cheat the story for the sake of organization. A lot of this will be a brilliant read watching you folks in essence 'birth' this thing and breath life into it.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Shakaar on October 28th, 2010, 7:22 pm

I'll start setting up threads with the different members. To get it all working IC. Thanks for the input Jen :D
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Jokor on October 28th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Right thanks a lot for the ideas and tips Goss,

Also I am looking forwards towads threading with you guy's but how do we solve the thing with the kamping site? Just abort it?

Edit, got clarification from liminiel, he will just mod the reaction of our audience and things like that. Another ST will take over when we move.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext