Completed Return To The Ring

Xen ventures into The Training Gallery for practice, and encounters some troublesome folk.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Return To The Ring

Postby Xen on October 29th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Fall 30, 514 A.V.

It was time for him to return to the Training Gallery. Those days of diligence, and hard efforts had to return. And Xen, as he traverses this dark and damp expanse before him, knew that he needed some form of discipline in his life, or something to keep him physically active. But, a soul couldn't always perform efforts alone, so socialization was a must, also. Xen was aware of one place that had all the things he desired, and that was the training gallery. It was usually packed with constrictors; on really busy days, it could easily make one feel the pain of a claustrophobic. Xen was never present during said days; he refused to train and meditate in such chaos, it was too distracting and aggravating.

Thus is why Xen chose the early morning hours to train—not many individuals enjoy waking up in the morning—that he knew for a fact. A smug grin stretches across Xen's cheek; it was like he had won against every lazy constrictor that was allowing this morning to go to waste. Diligence would prevail over sloth this day, and Xen was ready to get things done! That is, until he walks into the training gallery and notices a group of constrictors. The largest constrictor was in dhani form; it was speaking to other dhani while they were in human form. Xen couldn't hear what the constrictor was telling the others. He assumes the three were also constrictors, and like usual, would simply ignore his presence.

Xen continued his walk, after a short tick of observing the group. He saw nothing too strange, but that didn't necessarily mean these dhani were 'normal'. Xen learned that there were no 'normal' individuals in Zinrah—everyone was weird and probably all of Falyndar too. Although, he avoided the aforementioned weirdness, Xen understood that it gave the constrictors their own personal, and unique charm. He looks at his hand, and clenches it into a fist—he too would obtain power and charm worthy of a top class warrior. However, first he needed to overcome the animalistic instinct dwelling within him.

Xen couldn't remain oblivious to the 'presence'; he senses it just before his mind and consciousness is muddled by it and overcome by either the need to feed, mate, obtain territory, food, water and strength. Yet, Xen found that he was strangely familiar with such things. These were necessities that a beast within lands of the wilds would seek—which in turn—could mean that the presence was possibly a representation of his own inner, bestial nature.

Impossible,” Xen thought as he walked “I'm more than a beast!” he continued. But somehow, he felt as though he was subconsciously trying to reject a lethal and bitter truth about himself. If he was indeed a lecher; possessing strong, irrepressible desire, then why didn't he remember? There were bits and pieces of his memories that just didn't sit right; they were seemingly fabricated, as he recalls things in this moment. Who was he really, if his memories and personality were actually distorted?

Return to The Ring

Last edited by Xen on March 5th, 2015, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Return To The Ring

Postby Xen on November 2nd, 2014, 12:37 am

Fall 30, 514 A.V.

He began to feel the corrupting gaze of incompletion upon him. What if his current state of being was a fabrication? And that the 'real' part of his existence was slumbering within him, holding with it the truth of who he was? The truth wasn't all that good at times; it was sometimes bitter and utterly confounding. Xen pauses again in order to recall every moment he's felt a part of his seemingly true self. There was no good that came from these recollections—only invasive sensations and urges that sought to possess him.

Xen did not know what to feel.

Emptiness was the most prominent thing he felt deep within; his emotions were in complete disarray. Questions upon questions followed by more questions, and these questions were answered by questions. He couldn't respond to all this mental and emotional turmoil! But Xen stood in quietude, understanding that he could be going insane at this very moment. Yet, he was surprisingly calm. And here he thought that falling into madness would be terrifying—he thought wrong, it seems—because the feeling of all his problems drifting away from his troubled mind was... intoxicating.

Xen had never felt like this before; it was so new, intriguing at most. A grin manifests on his placid face, and later a set of teeth peek from the space of his lips. Why hadn't he done this before? He should have realized and accepted his incomplete self ages ago! Then those days and bells of heartache would have never happened. Xen places the palm of his hand over his eyes and sighs to complete his facepalm. “I'am such a fool” Xen thought as he removes his hand from over his eyes. “Soooo, much could have been done with these wasted bells!” Xen opens his left palm and places the right side of his right, clenched hand into it.

Now how do I go about with my new foun-” A presence disrupts Xen's thought, and he quickly turns to face the being that startled him. When he looks upon the strange, he notices it was one of the dhani he'd seen sitting on the floor. She had long, earthy brown hair and light green eyes. However, the strangest feature she possessed was that she did not carry the large physique of a constrictor. She was three feet taller than Xen, and coupled with her gaze, she appeared to be the inquisitive type of person. “What does this person want?” Xen thought; his gaze upon the face of this female.

He kept his eyes focused forward; it wasn't fear that kept him from turning his attention elsewhere, but the fact that this females chest was too close to his face! And he didn't want his eyes to scroll downwards, for he was expecting to see...something else. “Do you need ssomething?” Xen asked with his trademark suspicion—he wasn't particularly fond of strangers sneaking up on him—especially the sensual and powerful constrictors. Why couldn't Xen have a petite and soft lady want his attention? Though, Xen did like the fact that some females found him attractive, which made his sorrow of losing his first mate less painful.

My ssisster wantss to sspeak with you,” the female said, while displaying a small grin. Xen narrows his eyes and leans to the side to see what lied behind the female. He was greeted by the faces of three other curious dhani; one being the large constrictor dhani he had seen before, and the others, whose genders were also unknown to him.“ This group looks troublesome,” Xen thought as he sighs mentally.

Return to The Ring

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Return To The Ring

Postby Xen on November 3rd, 2014, 4:00 am

Fall 30, 514 A.V.

There was always something that sought to interrupt him. Xen guessed his descent into madness would be a difficult task to achieve, if he was going to be interrupted, constantly. Xen turns his attention to the quiet, brown haired female in front of him; her eyes and disposition revealing her innate stubbornness, clearly. She would not leave until he complied with her sisters demand—that much Xen could sense from the female. He was both curious and cautious of this group, in a way; he wanted to know what knowledge these strangers possessed, and socializing with others was a good way to discover things.

However, he had learned from his previous experiences with young, female constrictors. And it was this knowledge that fuels his cautiousness. “Alright, I will go with you and sssee what your sssister needs,” Xen said as he resigns to his potentially weird fate. The female in front of him grins, but she does so softly to conceal her swelling excitement. Xen did not know what he was getting himself into; hopefully, these females would just tell him something useful and allow him to be one his way. He walks along side the brown haired female, hoping for aforementioned useful information, but that seemed highly unlikely to happen as he approaches the group.

Xen was greeted by a rather strange grouping of dhani; he identified two as female, while one was clearly male and the other, whose gender he could not make heads or tails of. The size ratio of this group was weird, also, almost symmetrical—it literally was small, medium and large here. “Oh, you came after all! I wassn't expecting you to come over sso eassily, sssince you appeared to be deep in thought before, sssir” the female said to Xen, with surprising formality to her speech. Xen was caught off guard, no, he was literally dumbfounded by this female—he was expecting her to address him as ¨male¨, ¨boy¨, or ¨viper¨ as the other constrictors did—she went beyond his expectations!

You've ssurprised me more, actually. I wassn't expecting a consstrictor to invite me, and sspeak to me ssso...formally,” Xen stares at the constrictor in her dhani form; she was definitely the leader of the group, for no one spoke to him, but her. “Sssometimes, itss besst to greet others fondly,” the female constrictor said and finished with a wink. Xen just nods in response to the females words; she was clearly the ditsy type, or was acting so to get him to lower his guard. “What do we need him for?” the male constrictor said begrudgingly; his gaze upon Xen.

Xen's expression turns from calm to angry, upon hearing the males words. The constrictor folds his arms, just as Xen responds to him with a vicious glare. “Lesss, no need to be jealouss. I'm not assking him to mate with me... yet,” the female constrictor looks at Xen with a grin, but he was not going to be caught up in this foolishness; though, he might be too late to avoid it entirely.“Huh!? Reva, y...you can't be ssseriously thinking of that, right!?” Less took Reva's comment to heart, but no one in the group was actually able to tell if she was serious or simply jesting.

Reva, letss get to the point,” the brown haired female said to break the chaos Reva had started. Xen now saw that the brunette was the voice of reason in all this tomfoolery, and he was beginning to respect her. “Clearly, thiss male wantss to be my mate; he wass checking out my breastss earlier,” then...at that moment...Xen's option changed, entirely. “By Siku, what have I gotten myself into?” Xen thought, while observing the strangeness that was his fellow dhani.

Return to The Ring

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Return To The Ring

Postby Xen on November 29th, 2014, 5:12 am

Fall 30, 514 A.V.

Xen receives the immediate scorn of the lone male constrictor. He raises both his hands to his chest and ways waves one palm to the right, while the other sways to the left. Xen vigorously shook his head, displaying the words he was about to say “ No, I wass not looking at your chest! I wass merely observing your group memberss behind you, ” Xen explained in order to prove his innocence. He noticed the situation would get out of hand; especially, with an enraged male constrictor. A punch from a constrictor could shatter his frame, or kill him, if the blow was to hit a vital spot.

The brown haired female leans towards Xen “ Of coursse you were,” She says, and finishes with a kittenish smirk. Xen was starting to feel uneasy; he didn't feel that danger was immanent, but he did not like this groups odd behavior. The instincts within were telling him that these females held a bit of a promiscuous nature; though, they were probably just flirting and teasing him, Xen still felt a tinge of sensuality emitting from them. Xen would stay true to his instincts, being one that focused on his inner feelings, he would not doubt what he could sense.

There was a loud clap beside Xen that captures his and Zera; the brunette, attention. Reva had her hands clasped firmly together, with a firm gaze. Zera seemed to understand her companions message and ceased her teasing. “Now we can begin our training! ” Xen looks at the group around him, trying to find out what sort of training these misfits were going to undertake. He enjoyed the concept of the unknown, just as much as he knew how dangerous it was to explore it. And being all knowing made one rather pompous, and arrogant. “ Oh joy, that kind of training...again,” the male constrictor said, with mock excitement.

“ What kind of training will you guyss be do—” Xen was cut off by the obnoxious and loud Reva “ Balance and flexibility training, of course! And, you will be joining uss, my little friend, ” Xen looks at the female before him; his gaze meeting with hers for the first time. He could tell that she was serious, and could sense that he'd be unable to talk his way out of his current situation—Reva's conviction and determination was strong. Xen sighs, he couldn't help but fall for his own curiosity as well. “ Fine, why not?” Xen said; thus, admitting to his defeat.

Return to The Ring

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Return To The Ring

Postby Xen on December 14th, 2014, 3:55 am

Fall 30, 514 A.V.

“That's great! I'll let you get a glimpse at what we'll be doing,” Reva looks at Less, who was visibly unwilling to show Xen the tricks of their trade “Fine, but you'll regret showing this outsider our training someday,” Less said bitterly to Reva. “Now watch carefully, Viper. I'm only going to show you this once,” Less stood up, and did a few stretches. He inhales deeply, and exhales softly, meditating upon his next action. Less raises his arms into the air, and steps forward with his right leg. He then tips his body downwards, and places his hands flat onto the ground as his upper body falls forward.

There did not appear to be any errors in Less's movements, but as he throws his leg upwards, things changed. The whipping motion he made with his legs causes him to fall forward, and straight onto his back. Less's attempt at a handstand resulted in failure due to a miscalculation, and his douchbaggetry. Xen said nothing; he made not a single sound. His mind was too focused upon Less, and upon mimicking his movements. He senses that he'd be able to perform, and succeed at what Less was attempting to do, but maintains his silence to see what would happen next. “Awww petch...That...really hurt,” Less whimpers as he lies on the cold stone floor.

“ Bahahahahaha! You fell right on your petching back! ” Zera was doubled-over with laughter; she was pointing at Less while holding her gut with her left hand. “ I guess you deserved that karma Less—you shouldn't have been so angsty towards our guest,” Reva showed zero sympathy for Less; his aggressiveness would've came back to bite him in the form of bad karma, eventually.

Xen attempts to do what Less had failed to accomplish. He steps his right leg forward, and raises both his hands above his head. Xen then leans forward, keeping his arms straight as he brings his head to the ground. He remembers how Less swung his legs upwards, and ended up falling. So, he carefully brings his legs up. And it was terribly hard to do! His shoulders were beginning to hurt, and his arms were shaking. The blood from the rest of his body was rushing to his head, which could clearly be seen as his face was starting to turn red. “ Straighten your body abit! ” Reva attempts to coach the struggling Xen “ Come on! You can do it! ” and persuade him into pushing his body more.

Xen knew how terrible he was at maintaining his balance, but still attempts to straighten his body during his handstand. He clasps his legs further together, and places more strength into his wobbling arms in an attempt to stabilize them. Then Xen sticks his legs and torso upwards as though he was trying to pierce the sky with his toes. Success! He had done it; he has completed the handstand! Xen loses focus in his moment of triumph, and his body leans forward. He hits the ground with a solid thud , and cringes afterwards. Xen did not like the particular feeling of one's tail bone hitting a hard surface.

“ Awwww yeaaauh! You did it! ” Reva was happy to see Xen's success—Zera just winks at him while the others bathe in their two comrades joy.

Return to The Ring

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Return To The Ring

Postby Xen on December 28th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Fall 30, 514 A.V.

That fall kinda hurt, but Xen was too tired to pay full attention to the pain. He looks at the celebrating females, and their silent companions, only to sigh. He had gotten himself involved with another eccentric group of weirdos, again. Why were these crazy folk drawn to him, or rather, why did he stumble upon them so often? Xen closes his eyes for a moment to calm the jumping nerves within his body. He had to be the descendant of a long, lost king of weirdness. That, or he was just that ¨lucky¨ to have these kinds of individuals surround him often. Lhex had a sense of humor; one that was somewhat twisted at times, yet, fair in some aspects.

Xen feels a warm breeze brush against his nose, and opens his eyes to see Zera uncomfortably close to his face. The breeze was probably her breathe that she purposely blew into his face; she was a troublesome female. And the fact that he had gotten her attention made things worse. Zera was smiling widely; probably, thinking of something mischievous, and overall bad for Xen's health.

“Oh~ You are awake. I thought you were sssleeping, ” She says while inching closer to Xen. “ Yeah, I'm awake, and can you back up a little?” Xen says as he inches away from Zera. This female had to be in major heat, or she was so promiscuous that any fine male would do for her. “I thought males were into thesse sssort of advancess~ ” She says rather seductively. “Not thisss male, ” Xen was about to run away, if he was able to, before Zera pounces onto him. The situation changed from a simple training exercise into a very awkward situation. “Sssoooo much sssexual tension, ” Reva says as she pushes her companion away from Xen; thus, saving him from a mauling.

“Thank you! I'am indebted to you ” Xen thanks Reva, who he also did not trust very well, but she managed to keep her crazed companion away from him, and that was enough to keep her in the green. “Zera, control yourself. A lady never presents herself in sssuch a manner,” Reva scolds her companion, and then smiles while looking at Xen “ We can get him later on~” Xen narrows his eyes at the female constrictor, he knew he couldn't trust her entirely! Why did he for a second even give her his thanks?

Xen wanted his gratitude back!

“They'll keep messing with ya, viper, ” Less says in monotone “They use to do that with me ” He finishes, and sighs. “ Did they try to kisss you too?” Xen asks as he sits up to face Less. “No, I think they may actually like you in that way, ” Less shrugs his shoulders “ I don't know, they're a bit unpredictable at times,” Xen believes what Less said to be the truth. The male was use to Reva and Zera's teasing; their current nature and immaturity was definitely due to their young age. Xen himself was only one-hundred and eight years old: a mere youngling that had just entered adulthood in the eyes of much older dhani.

“You fella'sss gossiping about uss? ” Zera pokes Xen with a finger, and flicks his left ear to further annoy him. Xen glares at Zera, who witnesses his angry expression, and teases him more. “Those are sssome pretty eyes you have there~ I wouldn't mind if you ssstare at me like that all day, ” Oh man, Xen was getting hit on real hard. He turns his head from the ravenous female, and turns his attention to Reva “ What will we be doing next?”. “Sssomething really sssimple! I think you'll like it~” Reva replies, and winks.

“Dear Siku, don't let this be troublesome” Xen thought as he sat.

Return to The Ring

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Return To The Ring

Postby Xen on February 28th, 2015, 3:24 am

Fall 30, 514 A.V.

“We'll be standing on one leg, ” And that was all Reva says to Xen, and the group. There was a brief moment of silence before Xen answers with a “What? That's it?” He wasn't underestimating these ¨practices¨, but one did not usually find standing on a single leg difficult. There had to be something more to this exercise, something or a detail that Reva purposely left out. Less was still lying on the ground; he was embarrassed by his utter failure from before, and did not seem willing to participate in this session. Reva, sensing this, turns her attention to the smallest, and most silent member of their group.

The slender female turns her head away from Reva to avoid eye contact, but she could still feel the crazed Reva's gaze upon her. Reva sends chills down her spine, causing her body to shudder. And somehow, the same chill manages to runs down Xen's spine, making him feel uneasy. He had come to understand Reva a bit, during the chimes he has been in her presence. She was a mischievous, and possibly a man-eater, like Zera. But, Reva did not openly reveal her ravenous nature; she was a closet pervert.

“ I'll pass on this one,” The female refuses Reva, and then looks at Xen. At first, her gaze was strange to him, for he couldn't understand the meaning behind this females action. But, as she continued to gaze at him, her visage unchanging, Xen found himself paying a great deal of attention to

her. This was not due to any form of physical attraction, his instincts were simply sensing something from the female. She nods once in his direction, and before she could do any further “ What are you two doing now? I hope you aren't flirting~” Reva interrupts her.

Maybe, everything wasn't as ¨good¨ as it seemed amongst these dhani.

“You know~ I may be attracted to him,” Moreisa, who had gained Xen's attention, and previously silent, was now talkative. She sits up, stands to her feet, and walks towards Xen in a disarming manner. The scene turned strange too quickly for Xen! All he could do was tense up as Moreisa approached him.

“You know what? I'm done! I'm ssso done with you guys!” Xen exclaims as he backs away from the group and heads towards the gallery exit. These dhani were freaking him out now; first they were cool and were beginning to mellow out a bit, but now... NOPE! “ Whoa, wait a minute! I thought we'd have fun all day and all night, ” Reva says as she winks at Xen, who immediately had the chills afterwards. “ Yeah, the plan was to tire you out and then have our way with you,” Zera states nonchalantly, which causes everyone to stare in her immediate direction.

“ HUH?! That's basically a rape plot, what the petch? ” Xen was a good distance away from them now, but he could still clearly hear the two devious females. “ I did not know of thiss. I was pretty sure you two were just here for practice,” Less was as confused as Xen was. “ I can't believe... I'm out also,” Moreisa leaves with Xen, who was glad to see that at least one person in the group had some modesty.

Return to The Ring

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Return To The Ring

Postby Una Tanta on April 3rd, 2015, 3:56 am

Xen :
Experience:
    Socialization +5
    Acrobatics +1

Lores:
    Acrobatic: Handstand

Other:
Just like you warned, very bizarre! :D I liked it though, got a nice glimpse of the hedonistic world of Zinrah. Not to mention a glimpse into how you Vipers see the Constrictors. :) Very enjoyable.

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions or concerns^-^
[/quote]
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)