Closed One Wild Time

Is it possible to run from a fight, catch a cold, and end up naked in Baroque Bay all in a single day? Let's find out!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

One Wild Time

Postby Andar on May 6th, 2015, 9:44 pm

He felt the prod of foot whilst cute fox kits circled in his blurred vision.

"Get up, petcher. I need your help."

"Wha?" he murmured, looking around confusedly.

The voice was vaguely familiar. As he began to focus his sight, he noted how dirty his hands were. He so disliked the feeling of grime under his nails. He saw too, a few mizas rested in the muck. Did those belong to him? Things began to rapidly come back to him then. His eating Mother Maria's fish, tent city, thieving kits, infuriating woman punching him, wrestling her to the ground, taking her money, and....blank.

He was sharply reminded how his head throbbed, raising a hand to rub at the newly formed knot. He glared up at at the lady, as he rose unsteadily to his feet.

"Now you need my help?" he said. "After all that, I'm Queen Yellowmoss, talk. Now you need my help?" he repeated, having imitated a woman's voice for the Queen part. "Shyke on that," he said as he blew her an insolent kiss before bumping into a rather thick and hairy chest.

Peering up he saw it belonged to a swarthy fellow with an altogether shady disposition. Andar was shoved roughly back into Jessor. "Help it is," he confirmed with a sheepish smile over his shoulder to the woman.

"Shut yer trap! Now listen 'ere. I'll be collectin' all that stuff you'd rather keep. No tricks now. Drop the valuables in Ajak's bag 'ere. After we done, you can get the petch out of here, street rat. But the girl stays," he said with a decidedly lewd flick of tongue over yellow teeth and a nudge to his partner who held open a large burlap sack. This Ajak was a weaselly looking man, watching them with furtive eyes as he drew closer.

Andar met her gaze. His amber stare, serious, he mouthed, run now. The Kelvic rogue planned to buy her a little time to get away, before he too tucked tail and hauled arse. Now all he had to do was figure out how exactly he planned to stall for time without getting beaten to death in the process!

Andar
How'd that get there?

Words: 79630
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2015, 5:12 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

One Wild Time

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on May 10th, 2015, 2:58 pm

Jessor read his eyes and his lips. But each one said something different. His lips told her to run. They told her to turn tail and run off like a weak little kitten being protected by its mother. His eyes, though, told a different story. His eyes were stern and serious, with a hint of fear hiding in the recesses.

One not-so-small part of her wanted to stay. She wanted to prove her worth to this unknown man. She wanted to fight this beast in front of them. And most of all, she wanted to make sure she got her Mizas back.

But the smaller, more sane part of her was in control of her legs, and so she was gone in an instant. She turned and ran without waiting for a signal. She didn't wait to listen for the sounds of either man following her, and she most certainly didn't wait for her Mizas to be returned. Swallowing her pride, and gesturing a quick follow to her kits, Jessor ran.
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Words: 41781
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2014, 1:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

One Wild Time

Postby Andar on May 15th, 2015, 4:23 am

He wondered at that. Had he just done his noble deed for the year? Put himself in harm's way for the sake of one particularly violent and rude woman? Had he lost his marbles? He quickly pushed the thoughts away, noticing the woman hesitate a tick before she too must have realized he was actually serious. He admired her fleeting figure for a moment too long and caught a club in the ribs.

"You bastard! Don't let the girl get away!" said the burly thug.

Andar, still smarting from the blow, didn't have much time to react, ducking another club strike and sprinting away just in time to trip up Ajak with a belly flop slide that took out the man's legs. He wiped dirt from his eyes and face whilst Ajak's boots slapped down unpleasantly on his head, the man still draped over him.

He could hear the other man's curses as he struggled to shove Ajak's flailing body aside. Ajak was hauled up and tossed aside like trash and soon he was being hauled up (in very much the same manner) by the collar so that he peered right into dark menacing eyes. He could tell from the man's beard what he'd eaten for the last week (also by the reek of his breath).

"You little petcher! For that I'm not only going to take your possessions. Oh no. I'm going to do much worse. You'll wish it was that girlfriend of yers gettin' it after I'm through with ya," he said.

Andar would have liked to disagree with the man. Told him the woman was nothing to him. Just some arrogant foreigner. But that would be too time consuming. He mouthed a silent prayer to Ovek's beard and threw his hand forward. Before he had been yanked up, Andar had managed to gather a good handful of mud. That mud was now launched into the surprised and ugly brute's face. It was truly hilarious to see the petcher's face covered in the grime.

Surprised as he was, the man's grip weakened and he lost hold of the squirming Kelvic. Andar dropped to the ground and swung his fist up between the man's legs. The next chime he was scrambling through the groaning man's legs and running back toward the city. It would be quite some time before he welcomed a visit to Tent City again.

He had company. Ajak was hot on his heels and gaining on him. No wonder the man had been ordered to chase the girl - the guy ran like it was his job to run. It was times like these Andar thanked the gods for making men smart enough to fathom the creation of his race. Andar went to that special place in his mind. The place where everything dimmed and the universe cradled him in its loving embrace.

Then he became the jackal.

Andar
How'd that get there?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

One Wild Time

Postby Andar on May 24th, 2015, 7:37 pm

He became the jackal....and was blinded. His sight an empty white canvas that tickled his nose. The scent of clay and mud tickled his nose as well. He really needed to wash his clothes more often. Andar's snout popped out the collar and he twisted around to snap at Ajak's reaching hand. Although there was a blur of movement on his perifery, he smelled and heard the filthy urchins more than anything else. Unwashed children, with high pitched voices. Chattering away.

"Lookie there. It's a dog!"

"Nay. It's a wolf, I think."

"Ya think it belongs to that guy?"

"Donno. But if it do, sure don't seem happy ta see 'im."

Andar shook out of his trousers while also evading and trying to bite Ajak's grasping hands. The weaselly man seemed a little confused by the change in Andar, but intelligent enough to add things up. After a bit of flopping around he managed to extricate himself from the clothing. He saw he was in Sunset Quarters now by the warren of buildings in various states of disrepair and by the curious crowd of children.

Dirty-faced and pointing at him. There were rocks strewn about the cobbles and chalked profanity along with indecent imagery. Aye, this was definitely the rat's nest better known as Sunset Quarters - his home. Andar also saw the burly dark-bearded man that had waylaid he and the kit woman come rushing toward him, waving his club about as he cursed, spit flecking his beard with each uttered syllable. Ajak seemed to double his efforts now (out of fear most likely) in catching Andar with the arrival of his partner.

"Get here you mangy mutt!" he said, his fingers closing about Andar's tail and giving a tug.

The jackal gave a high pitched yelp, whipped his head about and bit down hard on the affronting hand. Ajak let out a cry of pain, pulling his now bloody hand away. By that time the other thug had joined his comrade and looked dubiously from jackal to a cursing Ajak, wringing his hand.

"Where did that bastard go? Why are you wasting time with this animal?" demanded Mr. Burly beard.

Ajak pointed as Andar began to lope off. "That's him I think. I nearly had 'im and then he done changed into a dog," he said, fussing over his hand still.

"What?? Then why the petch are you standing here complainin' over a little boo-boo? Get after 'im ya fool!" he roared, giving the man a shove. And soon both men were running after Andar. Though the children scurried out of their path, they did not hesitate to follow along in the chase.

Andar's lope quickly became a scamper and then a sprint! Long jackal legs extending out as he bolted toward the bay area of Sunberth. The tang of brine assaulted his nostrils and the mutter of voices along with the lap of water on barnacled wharves, his ears. Andar weaved in and out of the gaggle of folk that milled about the docks. The muted light from the overcast sky did little to brighten the gray horizon where ships bobbed in the bay. The bustle and hustle of dock workers and sailors went unnoticed as Andar found himself bounding down a lonely stretch of pier.

Not too far behind, and making quite a scene, Ajak rushed towards the pier in all haste. Ten strides back of him, lumbered Mr. Bristle Beard, huffing and puffing and sweating profusely and plowing into people with reckless abandon to reach the pier and further hem in the Kelvic. Andar came to a screeching stop at pier's edge. He realized then he was on what the locals called, "Dead Man's Swagger". Mostly because his scrambling halt was braced by someone leaning a bit too far over the pier. Intelligent amber eyes peered thoughtfully into the rain spattered depths where a black haired man's head surfaced, waving his arms about frantically.

"Wait! I want to live! I changed.....my mind.............. god's....... damned ............it!" he said between gasping breaths. Only bubbles after that.

Andar dipped his head and sniffed at the rotted wood at the edge of the pier. His long ears perked up at the sounds of frantic footsteps getting decidedly closer. Jackal wheeled about and found his favorite pair of thugs moving closer, a noticeable spring in their step and a collective smug look on their faces.

"Looks like I won't be needin' to order dinner tonight, eh Ajak?" said the brute with a slap of club on palm.

"No need a'tall. I 'eard dog tastes right good with mushrooms," called Ajack, taking the bait and grinning.

Both men laughed together and came on with ill intent shining in their eyes. Andar never thought he would be taking the suicide plunge so early in life. With no time to philosophize on the subject, he bent his legs and leapt into the dark waters of Baroque Bay.

He only faintly made out the silhouettes of the thugs. He thought he could see Black-Beard waving goodbye before he fell beneath the choppy surface only to break it a few ticks later, paddling his paws in his best imitation of the doggy-paddle maneuver. Really, he ought to have spent more time practicing this swimming business before deciding to jump into the bay! It was all Andar could do simply to keep his furry muzzle above water at this point. He splashed ineffectually around as he orbited slowly out toward sea. He paddled with all his might, willing himself back to land - any land.

The salt water stung his eyes, and filled his mouth. He let out a series of pitiful barks as he swirled around. Clinging onto some desperate notion that he might fare better in his human-form, he quickly changed back. A poor decision. If anything, his attempts to swim were even worse. He was cold and wet and naked, floundering about like a beached whale. Many chimes past and exhaustion overtook the Kelvic, the dark waters rising up to smother him.....

Andar suddenly opened his eyes and then his mouth and retched. Disgusting soupy sea stuff pooled out onto the grassy hump of land he lay on. Weakly, he shoved to a sitting position and peered around. Then he laughed hysterically. He was ALIVE! The funny thing was, he came ashore at the Dust Bed of all places.
"I'm not ready to be buried just yet," he said with another cackle, standing up naked, and scratching behind his ear before giving his head a shake.

Then he heard a groan.

Looking down he saw a man a few feet away from him drag himself up off the ground much like he had. He blinked at Andar's naked figure and it was then the Kelvic realized it was the very same man he had accidentally knocked into the water earlier. Feeling rather happy to be alive despite it being one shykey day, Andar clapped the man on the shoulder.

"Sorry about that, friend. We both had a good tussle with Laviku today eh?"

The man nodded slowly and then promptly sneezed a wad of snot directly into Andar's face.

Andar wiped it away and said with a sigh, "I suppose I deserve that."

Andar
How'd that get there?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

One Wild Time

Postby Sayana on July 9th, 2015, 9:43 pm

Andar

Skills:
Skill EXP
Observation +5
Planning +3
Land Navigation +2
Socialization +2
Intimidation +2
Rhetoric +1
Larceny +3
Endurance +4
Unarmed Combat +3
Acrobatics +2
Tactics +1
Brawling +1
Running +2
Swimming +1

Lores:
  • Pickpocketing: First assess where the valuables are on a person
  • Unarmed Combat: Charge with a basic tackle
  • Acrobatics: Belly flop slide in mud
  • Swimming: Doggy paddle
  • Queen Yellowmoss: Has two thieving foxes

Comments :
Great thread. It was quite the adventure even after Jessor took off and it was fun reading how all that played out.

Jessor

Skills:
Skill EXP
Observation +4
Animal Husbandry +2
Persuasion +2
Rhetoric +2
Intimidation +1
Tactics +1
Unarmed Combat +2
Endurance +2
Acrobatics +2
Intelligence +1
Running +1

Lores:
  • Tactics: Aim for the nose if someone looks weak
  • Unarmed Combat: Basic punch
  • Andar: Sunberth thief

Ledger :
Please deduct 5gm for the gold mizas that Andar stole (but did not give back) and that got lost in the mud in Tent City.

Comments :
Great thread. It was interesting to see Jessor’s reactions to both being stolen from and then having to deal with bigger and tougher men.

Also, I noticed two things on your CS. Your Spring 514 seasonal expenses should really be Spring 515. And somehow you managed to only have 40 SP points plus the 10 RB. Instead of 50 SP and the 10 RB. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it at this point since you're over 50 posts. But I thought I'd at least point it out.

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message (like really, I’m all ears if you feel like I missed something).

Enjoy.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous