The Temptation...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

The Temptation...

Postby Moxie on May 17th, 2015, 11:36 pm

I see why people make second characters, it is very tempting especially as a new person on Mizahar. Waiting..and waiting.. hahaha just kidding folks, but seriously you get so immersed in all the goodness Mizahar has to offer and your creative juices over flow and you want to apply it here and there before your first character is even conceptualized fully, and this is where the temptation leads you.. Being over whelmed.

I am tempted to make a Symenestra, it was that race or Konti when I first started. I loved both of the races and how extensive the write ups were and how unique each were, as well as being what seems to me, complete opposites. I am currently resisting the temptation as I get into my own groove here. I can see the pros of having two characters at the same time, both can develop roughly together, but I can also see the con of it being too much to handle at once. Temptation is knocking, and I already have it all planned out, but I am resisting it for now... Although starting in Kalinor could be wise, being new I could focus on her more, as well as have a Mod help me through things since it is a slow pace place... NO I have to resist! :retard:

How long did you guys wait until making another character?
Will Be Inactive for 60 Days.
Moxie
Player

Words: 101526
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2015, 11:34 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Temptation...

Postby Vizayas on May 18th, 2015, 4:02 am

I made five characters before I even really got my first thread graded. I continued to make more characters for almost two years until I settled on Vizayas. I'm the worst case of this since I practically got lost in all of the possibilities. I even started to stray with Veyn, but I'm waiting to see if I get a thread partner to be active with him before I continue down that road.
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Words: 113870
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Temptation...

Postby Lisana on May 18th, 2015, 4:04 am

I waited nearly a year to make Lisana, my second PC, then went on hiatus for three months and returned in March. Then I finished Liz up, and started threading with her. I created my Kelvic in Sunberth, like, less than a week ago. Lisana isn't quite finished up, but having multiple PCs can be fun, especially if you want to take a break from the same one for a day or so. I think it's for the sake of variety, more than anything.
I make mediocre boxcodes for people here.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Words: 66239
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 11:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Temptation...

Postby Moxie on May 18th, 2015, 5:13 am

Viz- Wow 5? I am worried I would make that many too, and become lost in it, or leave altogether from the stress of it. Variety is good though, too much of it is when things become disastrous. Vizayas seems like a great and very conceptualized PC though, so you settled for a good one in my opinion :D!

Lis- I am not sure I could wait a year, I commend you for your patience! I think multiple PCs could be fun as well, just worried it may be too much. Maybe if I just stick to two it will not drain the fun out of it. I am just worried of it becoming more stress then fun if I go and make multiple PCs.

I am seriously thinking about going ahead and making a Sym, just for variety as y'all say, and keeping it at two until they are in a great place where I am happy with the progress they have made. Thanks for the response, getting to know why other's make multiple PCs, and when they did, makes it all less daunting then what it originally was, thanks! :thumbsup:
Moxie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Temptation...

Postby Lisana on May 18th, 2015, 1:27 pm

For some reason, I just never saw the appeal of making another PC. I'd tried, of course, just never got around to it. But I do think that waiting that long would be a pain.
I make mediocre boxcodes for people here.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Words: 66239
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 11:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Temptation...

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on May 18th, 2015, 3:38 pm

I made multiple PC's right out of the gate. Because I am able to be so active, and a few of them are in less active cities. For instance, one of my alts is named Crook, and he resides in Black Rock where he gets little action, but I still solo with him when I feel the need for variation. In my opinion, a less-busy Alt is a relief to have.
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Words: 41781
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2014, 1:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Temptation...

Postby Moxie on May 18th, 2015, 5:49 pm

Yeah, I agree Jess, if I were to make an alt she/he would be placed in a less busy city. If I decide to make my Sym she will be in Kalinor which is a slow paced area, that way I am not playing catch up on threads on two PCs. Also, you are able to better your writing because the Mod can focus on the few people who continually post, and add critique and helpful hints. So that is an allure to making another PC for me :).
Moxie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes